Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2019, 11:49 AM

Default short rack tournament

ok guys have a question, I had never played a game of short rack onepocket till the last few weeks . Based on the Southaven tournament I thought I might need to get some practice so I made my son play me some over the weekend . I the spirit of promoting the sport and keeping young blood interested here is the question.

Do you think short rack single elimination tournaments would be something the room operators might try on a weekly basis or monthly. (my understanding of room operators is the length of time makes weekly prohibitive ) Figured some more experienced guys would have pros and cons on this one ... thanks Joe
Old 07-23-2019, 01:22 PM
Verified Member

A little more information for the tournament. We are playing full rack with lower ball counts for matches that are behind. I feel playing with the full rack it doesnt change the break, offers more scoring opportunities and doesn't change the game. But it will reduce the time factor.
Old 07-23-2019, 06:06 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabbcatjohn View Post
A little more information for the tournament. We are playing full rack with lower ball counts for matches that are behind. I feel playing with the full rack it doesnt change the break, offers more scoring opportunities and doesn't change the game. But it will reduce the time factor.
Agreed. Play with the full rack but go to five or six. That way, you get practice getting out of the break and running balls from a similar lay out as full rack one pocket.

An interesting tie breaker in the event of a hill-hill tie would be a game with only three balls on the spot, first to make two win. This way, the tournament gets end game play as well.