Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2019, 10:33 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH Steve View Post
I agree -- for me, getting into our tournaments is more for the camaraderie than a legitimate chance of winning anything, but that is.....PRICELESS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis "Whitey" Young View Post
To meet and play fellow members then a format of RR fits the above statement by our founder. Whitey
I think that as long as we follow a format that necessarily eliminates half the field after a day or a day and a half, leaving them with another day and a half or even two days to just hang out we will continue to see complaints and discussions like this.

Enjoying comradery and competing in the tournament are not mutually exclusive ambitions.

The obvious answer is to go to a format that gives everyone more play. A RR does that, and if left to fate as to the make up of groups, as well as some planning to spread the wealth around a bit, more people can have an opportunity to actually win something.

All we need to do is decide how many games is ideal, and how much we want spread the $ around.

If there are those who are not particularly interested in playing that number of games, and would rather go to dinner, they are free to do so.

I hope we can seriously consider a RR at some point.
Old 07-30-2019, 02:40 PM
Verified Member

I personally prefer a second chance tournament at the members but if a b tournament brings more people into the game it could be a good idea
Old 07-30-2019, 09:06 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by catkins View Post
I personally prefer a second chance tournament at the members but if a b tournament brings more people into the game it could be a good idea
I was in a second chance tennis tournament before and it worked out great. Good suggestion
Old 08-03-2019, 12:36 PM
Verified Member

Member tournaments are not filled with Pros. We have some pretty good players but overall, the tournaments are stacked with average players. When I say average, I mean average one pocket players who know the game and play accordingly. The only tournament where I really feel outclassed is the Seniors tournament in Houston. It is filled with former road hustlers who play exceptionally well. If I ever get back a little of my game, I may go to another members tournament.