Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2019, 12:16 PM
Verified Member

Default New Cloth at Hard Times Bellflower!!

When I left the pool room last night Ernesto had 4 beautiful tables completed and hoped to have the rest of the tournament room done for the Sat one pocket tourney or at least by Sunday's 9 ball tourney. And he is going to do the 6 x 12.

The new cloth is gorgeous! Thank you Eddie and Ernesto!

See you there today!
Old 04-06-2019, 12:19 PM
Verified Member

In that case Fach and I will be there.
Old 04-06-2019, 02:05 PM
Verified Member

Frank, next time I am down there, I'd like us to head on over to Hard Times. I wonder if that 6x12 is the same one that was at the Palace. I played Ernesto when we were young, I about 18 and he was 16 and a child protégé, of course. See ya! Whitey
Old 04-06-2019, 02:40 PM
Verified Member

Default Different 6 x 12 than at Billiard Palace Bellflower

When the palace closed, Bob Morgan bought the 6 x 12 and opened a small room south of present day Hard Times. Then Underdog bought it and eventually it was moved to Hard Times. But around 2003 or so it got to rolling off too much and they tried to fix it but messed up the slate. So they bought another one. So the one at Hard Times now is exactly the same, but not the actual table you played on.
Old 04-06-2019, 04:45 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carla Johnson View Post
When the palace closed, Bob Morgan bought the 6 x 12 and opened a small room south of present day Hard Times. Then Underdog bought it and eventually it was moved to Hard Times. But around 2003 or so it got to rolling off too much and they tried to fix it but messed up the slate. So they bought another one. So the one at Hard Times now is exactly the same, but not the actual table you played on.
I went to the place your talking about when Underdog owned it, '96. It was late at night and only Underdog was there, and then came in Tony Banks, neither one remember playing me back in the early 70's. Frank just told me that Underdog passed away not to long ago.
Thanks, for the response! Whitey
Old 04-07-2019, 01:07 AM
Verified Member

As luck would have it. I drew Carla for my first match and had a good time playing her. She is such a joy to play against.

The new cloth was to my liking as I went through the field undefeated. I can honestly say the I didn't back into this one as I played many good players, including an unknown road player. I think my game is coming around. Feels good to be able to make a couple of balls in a row.
Old 04-07-2019, 03:01 AM
Verified Member

gee frank you start playing like you did forty years ago then you will become a beast again.
Old 04-07-2019, 03:50 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Almanza View Post
As luck would have it. I drew Carla for my first match and had a good time playing her. She is such a joy to play against.

The new cloth was to my liking as I went through the field undefeated. I can honestly say the I didn't back into this one as I played many good players, including an unknown road player. I think my game is coming around. Feels good to be able to make a couple of balls in a row.
Congratulations. Good to see you getting your game back.

I just got home from the Hard Times monthly up here and did the same thing with 28 players. Robert Aldana and I split in the end with me getting more $ because I won the hot seat.

The old guys are back.
Old 04-07-2019, 07:15 AM
Verified Member

Congrats; Hendy and Frank! Great news, indeed!
Old 04-07-2019, 09:52 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Almanza View Post

Good to hear you’re feeling and playing better