Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2019, 10:01 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Drive View Post
Roll your ball.... Cue ball to long rail, drop cue ball behind 7.
If you have a clear lane that would also be my shot
Old 07-12-2019, 10:39 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabbcatjohn View Post
If you have a clear lane that would also be my shot
Ditto---------------------------------------

Nick B

Name: Nick Beretanos
Old 07-13-2019, 09:16 AM

I would come off of the top of the 11 with inside and try to get him on the back side of the 7. Try to keep the 4 on my side and block the bank on the 8
Old 07-13-2019, 12:27 PM
Verified Member

Several of us have suggested kicking in between the 12 & 11 balls. We'll have to hear from the Moose Man whether or not that shot is open.
Old 07-13-2019, 01:36 PM
Verified Member

from that position he has to get tucked into the 7 ball

or hit a shot that will rearrange those balls and also give him a chance to luck one in and find a place to leave the cue ball relatively safe.

against a weak player leave him up table or in the stack and knock one or two of his balls away. that is death against a top player.
Old 07-16-2019, 12:32 AM
Verified Member

Default I'm not sure...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulfportdoc View Post
Several of us have suggested kicking in between the 12 & 11 balls. We'll have to hear from the Moose Man whether or not that shot is open.
Sorry for the delay guys, it's been a crazy busy few days and is only going to be crazier for the next 1-2 weeks (I'm going to Vegas for BCA singles tomorrow). Alex & Scott went on a player break right after Alex broke the balls, so it seemed like a perfect opportunity to grab a screen shot and post a WWYD for everyone to ponder. The trouble is the players returned quickly enough that I missed what Scott actually shot while I was posting... doh! If I had to guess from watching him play a bit, I would say maybe he banked the 5 into the back of the 9 and tried to put whitey on the headrail about 1 diamond from the top left pocket.?? I also like the option to kick at the back of the 7 softly if the path is available. I especially like the soft kick behind the 7 if not enough of the 5 is available for the bank into the 9.
Old 07-16-2019, 03:05 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulfportdoc View Post
I'd like to roll the CB through the 12-11 goal posts in order to kick to his 7 ball.

If that shot is not available, I'd kick 2 rails out of his upper corner to come to rest on the mini-mitt by the foot spot (10-1?).

Have no idea what Scott did, but it's probably a doozie..

~Doc
Two good thoughts, Doc, but I'm guessing that the simple kick of the 7 wasn't available or this wouldn't be a very interesting WWYD.

Good eye on that 2-rail kick... very forgiving target given the location of Alex' balls.
Old 07-16-2019, 03:17 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhilton777 View Post
Put the 4 to the bottom rail and stick him in the stack. Not that hard of a decision. Keep it simple!!!
To me, it doesn't look to be that simple to get the CB safely behind the stack off the 4. But coming off the 4 and trying to get close to Alex's pocket would be reasonable safe. It might even be possible to come off the rail and get behind the 7. The return bank options might even be foreclosed by moving the 4 into the banking lane.
Old 07-16-2019, 09:38 AM
Verified Member

I'm gonna feather the 15? ball (closest stripe to the cue ball) too thin off the 11 and drop to the foot rail. If I feather and miss the 11, I'm not able to scratch. Don't want to hit the 11 too fat.

The 7/8 give me a good 5+'' of protection, if I'm able to get under them.
no link....
Old 07-17-2019, 01:10 PM
Verified Member

Strike the ball by the side pocket and let the cueball float up table to the end rail and leave him straight in on that ball on the rail. The ball struck should be left between the two side pockets. A player of Scott's skill set should accomplish this without too much trouble.