Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2018, 11:17 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Drive View Post
Looking at the second picture. And seeing the pocket size, I'd probably play the 10-1 carom and bring the cue ball naturally behind that 7. All cue ball here.
My thought as well.
Old 09-06-2018, 11:30 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabbcatjohn View Post
Load up the cue ball with bottom right and spin bank that 7. If that doesn't look right kick it from the side rail back over to your side.
Why bottom right and not just right?
Old 09-06-2018, 01:25 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Drive View Post
Looking at the second picture. And seeing the pocket size, I'd probably play the 10-1 carom and bring the cue ball naturally behind that 7. All cue ball here.

me too!

If you don't make it,you should hang it.
Old 09-06-2018, 01:46 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagomike View Post
Why bottom right and not just right?
Trying to hit it a little thinner and load up more spin off the second rail after contact so it doesn't come straight back off the second rail. Personally i feel more confident shooting it that way. But Peters idea using left is most likely the correct way for what i was trying to achieve regardless. I don't think i was right and was guessing....lol Probably why i sell out a lot
Old 09-06-2018, 02:05 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabbcatjohn View Post
Trying to hit it a little thinner and load up more spin off the second rail after contact so it doesn't come straight back off the second rail. Personally i feel more confident shooting it that way. But Peters idea using left is most likely the correct way for what i was trying to achieve regardless. I don't think i was right and was guessing....lol Probably why i sell out a lot
Peter is crossing it the other way to leave the CB down on the foot rail. I think that sells out the 1 ball bank unless you get real far over...(you can run the CB into the 10 and its pretty free, or go 3 rails around with the CB and come under the 10)
Old 09-06-2018, 02:17 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincy_kid View Post
Peter is crossing it the other way to leave the CB down on the foot rail. I think that sells out the 1 ball bank unless you get real far over...(you can run the CB into the 10 and its pretty free, or go 3 rails around with the CB and come under the 10)
I think we are confusing the kick with the bank. If i'm banking i'm playing all bottom right to create a slight masse to flatten out the angle coming in. If kicking i think i also suggested using bottom right...but on further review Peters shot using left is most likely the correct way to get the cue ball back to where it started on the kick...
Old 09-06-2018, 02:30 PM
Verified Member

This is what I like using a bit of right to direct the cue ball to that area. I would do this even if I didn't have a couple of balls to protect. I remember talking to Tom Wirth about this situation.Name:  jazzinpool.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  46.0 KB
Old 09-06-2018, 02:41 PM
Verified Member

Tip of right spin, try to bank the 7 about half way over on the foot rail... this should put the cb back near where it is now taking the side pocket scratch out of the equation... play from there...

Oops... sorry Frank, was posting and didn’t see your reply...
Old 09-06-2018, 03:30 PM
Verified Member

problem with that shot is you get very little gain if you dont hang it up.

and sellout if you go in either the side pocket, or the top corner, or hit the tit, or hit the ten ball. and all those come into play from that thin hit from a distance and near the rail.
Old 09-06-2018, 04:03 PM
Verified Member

Ooops error on my part. Just deleted my post. Did not see the title of the thread.
I agree with Frank