Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-2009, 11:50 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbru

Ghost.....I'm still undecided....

I would sure like to get some of my money back though...

I'll keep you posted if I decide to go.

george

George......Let the Ghost help you out with a little advice....don't be so hung up on that money you lost to me that you're always talking about....just take to heart those old words of wisdom - "Money is the root of all evil".....you want proof?...just look at what's gone on right here in River City, on this site lately....fellas are wanting to kill each other over 5 or 10 tousand (< misspelled on purpose...) dollars - it's a damn shame, is what it is.........here's how the Ghost is willing to help you out/stop you from going down that Godless path....

You just bring to Galveston all of that extra $$$ that you've got in the bank, all that $$$ that's weighing you down and holding back your spiritual development...we'll meet up, and the Ghost will take that accursed $$$ off of your hands, and he'll do good works with it.......and you will feel so much better afterwards that you'll be yelling HALLELULYAH!....Just trust in the Ghost....

- Ghost <-------Travels in the summer, working the 'Revival Tent Meetings'.....

Last edited by One Pocket Ghost; 08-15-2009 at 12:01 AM.
Old 08-15-2009, 12:15 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred bentivegna
This might be a good time to release another story about a drunken Artie. He was visiting me down in Ft Lauderdale, and I invited him to a real square party with the local girls. Really square, no drugs, no booze. He was blind drunk when he showed up and immediately presented the piece de' resistance when one of the girl's mother walked into the room. He told her..xxxx xxxx xxxxx xxx xxx xxxx xxxx!!! (way to embarassing to really say, sorry)

Beard
trying to keep the pot boiling
Freedy one of my lines for one ove those high class girls. Was I talk that trash and eat that gash. But thats not for anyone respectable. And By the way I took a cab to Congrees bowl sleeping in the back of the cab. And I went in Congress bowl and I beat the best man thier for a good score. And when I got in the cab the cab driver made me pay up front.
Old 08-15-2009, 12:23 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJDinPHX
Thank you Artie, thats good enough for me, Peace Bro !

PS,..A quart of YJ doesn't go very far with me, RA, John and Dennis... could you find it in your heart to buy us a case ? .
That Y was some strong stuff. I dont think I could have lasted 12 houers drinking that. But I will Splite the difference I will buy you a half a case. But you cant sell it and give Ronnie half the money.If I told you why I drank all that Alchohol you wouldnt belive it. But I feelt pretty good the next day with no hangover and no head acks. Maybe that was a sign I needed more alchohol. I dont think I could drink with the top drinkers. But I know I could get into more trouble then any ove them. I am taking a rest from drinking. It gets a little harder when you get older. And the excitment isnt quite the same either. A tost to all the classy guys on one pocket. org.
Old 08-15-2009, 09:02 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Pocket Ghost
George......Let the Ghost help you out with a little advice......just take to heart those old words of wisdom - "Money is the root of all evil".....(....here's how the Ghost is willing to help you out/stop you from going down that Godless path....

- Ghost <-------Travels in the summer, working the 'Revival Tent Meetings'.....

Pope-Ghost.....You are too kind .....but since you reminded me about money being the.. "root of all evil"....I wouldn't want to load you down with too much of that evil stuff.....without say incorporating the old adage of...... "A man should work buy the sweat of his brow!" ....

So in order to instill in you some of the old protestant work ethic I will be taking say....10-7 ....That way....at least you can do a little sweating .

george....educated parishoner....looking for a blessing...
Old 08-15-2009, 01:01 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbru
Pope-Ghost.....You are too kind .....but since you reminded me about money being the.. "root of all evil"....I wouldn't want to load you down with too much of that evil stuff.....without say incorporating the old adage of...... "A man should work buy the sweat of his brow!" ....

So in order to instill in you some of the old protestant work ethic I will be taking say....10-7 ....That way....at least you can do a little sweating .

george....educated parishoner....looking for a blessing...
George, I plan on giving the Ghost a little spritual guidance in Galveston and helping to relieve him of some of that evil stuff myself.
Old 08-15-2009, 01:09 PM
Verified Member

I'm simply astonished at the display of selflessness by you guys! It warms my heart to see how y'all are willing to go to any lengths to help one another.

Doc
thinks Elmer Gantry must
have been from Chicago
Old 08-15-2009, 01:37 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhendy
George, I plan on giving the Ghost a little spritual guidance in Galveston and helping to relieve him of some of that evil stuff myself.

Good for you John .... but I would hate to see the Ghost turned into a sobbing, repentent (Jimmy Swaggart type)....Let' remember brotherly love....you know....take it easy on him

Perhaps we should reserve a little repentent action for SJD and the Ghost.....

We might even figure out some kind of partner's thing after we take the Ghost down from his lofty perch ....He's going to need traveling money you know.....We don't want him hitch-hiking back to Chicago.
Old 08-15-2009, 06:30 PM
Verified Member

Default Hi

I missed all the excitement and just want to inform all that Artie B when drunk is not in his right mind and cannot be responsible for his actions !

Artie usually doesn't remember what he says during an episode with the bottle ! I could give you examples that would have you laughing your ass off , but I won't !! The term oil and vinegar don't mix was created for Artie and alcohol although he is a silly drunk and that's not real bad except for the insults he would throw out like a pitcher at a ballgame . Artie would risk his life everytime he would get drunk although before he would take that first drink he made sure he had a couple of soldiers with him to take care of any battles that were created by the Mr. Hyde guy that came to life ! I guess you could say he was a pretty smart drunk in a crazy way . I'm going to have to call him and ask what prompted him to release Mr. Hyde into the world again that has remained dormant for years .

The main thing is it takes a real man to apologize as Artie & dennis did !

I'm just sorry that I didn't get to read the posts cause this ruckus , that's my Mr. Hyde side !! I like a little friction between the troops now and then .

I'm glad all is well and when the hell is anyone going to play for some cash !! I need the time and place to sweat and I'm also available for some big spot ! I'll take a hit and the pic from Harry Platis cause I'm old and never could really play one pocket . I need a backer though ( ARTIE )

Race Track Phil !
Old 08-15-2009, 07:57 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulfportdoc
It's a regular Hippie love-in! Shouldn't we alert demonrho and Fanny???

Doc

Doc,

I heard they were on their way to Max Yasgurs farm. I hope it's not raining.

Dennis