Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2010, 11:43 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy Dennis
Ghosty,

You may have more info than I (being as Ghosts can travel around in time) but the title of his thread implies that the tourney will be on Nov. 6, 2010, a month or so from now.

RBL

Whoops...it ain't fun gettin' old......I thoughted the tournament was Oct. 6th.

- Ghosty

PS, I shoot at the wrong pocket too...

Last edited by One Pocket Ghost; 10-14-2010 at 12:22 AM.
Old 10-22-2010, 01:59 PM
Verified Member

Another friendly reminder with just two weeks to go!!!
Old 10-22-2010, 02:38 PM
Verified Member

Default Is there a possiblity of a D player handicap?

I'd play, but C would be a stretch for me. Is there a D class handicap option?
Old 10-31-2010, 12:07 PM
Administrator

I am playing is this too -- I'll be riding down from NH with my friend John Smith, who is also playing in it.

I got a few hours of One Pocket in yesterday with "twister" -- which we both definitely needed. He'll be there too. $50 entry and $1000 added AND handicapped and only 24 entry max field -- what's not to like?

If you are anywhere within range come on over to Snookers and join us. Snookers is a real nice room, with a bar and food in separate areas -- it is probably the most successful poolroom in New England right now.
Old 11-01-2010, 10:10 PM
Verified Member

There are 14 paid entrants as of today!!
Old 11-06-2010, 10:01 AM
Verified Member

Off to the tournament. I think we have a full field, might even have to expand it a bit! Will try and post updates later today. Sorry no streaming.
Old 11-06-2010, 09:02 PM

It was a full field. Although I did a two step I wanted to support the one pocket game. Started playing Joe T (10 6) on table one. We had a good match with a lot of moving but too much rust, lol
Old 11-06-2010, 10:28 PM
Verified Member

Thanks for coming out to support it! Joe T is definitely a tough first match. I got knocked out myself a couple hours ago and wanted to stick around until the end, but just had to leave as I was just dead tired. Our own benevolent dictator, aka Steve Booth, was in the finals on the winner's side when I left, and there were 6-8 people still left in the tournament.

Snookers was a great host, and Ray Mac did an awesome job running the tournament. As you mentioned, we did have a full field of 24 with a wait list. We actually could have expanded the field to 32. It was a strong field (stronger than I expected to be honest), with players from MA, NH, CT, NY and ME. The next tournament will be after the Derby, maybe in February or March, and we hope to have these one pocket tournaments every 3-4 months. It's awesome, maybe I should say it's 'wicked bad,' to see one pocket making a comeback in New England.
Old 11-06-2010, 11:41 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twister
Thanks for coming out to support it! Joe T is definitely a tough first match. I got knocked out myself a couple hours ago and wanted to stick around until the end, but I just had to leave as I was just dead tired. Our own benevolent dictator, aka Steve Booth, was in the finals on the winner's side when I left, and there were 6-8 people still left in the tournament.

Snookers was a great host, and Ray Mac did an awesome job running the tournament. As you mentioned, we did have a full field of 24 with a wait list. We actually could have expanded the field to 32. It was a strong field (stronger than I expected to be honest), with players from MA, NH, CT, NY and ME. The next tournament will be after the Derby, maybe in February or March, and we hope to have these one pocket tournaments every 3-4 months. It's awesome, maybe I should say it's 'wicked bad,' to see one pocket making a comeback in New England.

Carey, you wuss - you're 30 years old and weigh 140 lbs. soaking wet, and you're "dead tired" at 8:00! ...when I was your age I would play all night and into the next morning!....

- Ghost

Last edited by One Pocket Ghost; 11-07-2010 at 01:06 AM.
Old 11-07-2010, 12:07 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Pocket Ghost
You wuss - you're 30 years old and weigh 140 lbs. soaking wet, and you're "dead tired" at 8:00! ...when I was your age I would play all night and into the next morning!.

- Ghost
Puhleeeze, C'mon Ghosty,... I have it on good authority, that when you were 30, you were taking lessons from Freddy, (who was getting strummed nightly, by Artie) and was still taking lessons himself, from Skinner... Apparently neither one of you had mastered drawing (or even stopping) your rock yet...Staying up all night, just to sweat a massacre...is not the same as playing all night...is it ???...

PS..When I was 30,...I was in action all week-end, every week-end...Trust me...I am not a Doctor, but I am a Practical Nurse !!!...

Creep, J.O., Drunk Duck <---Is pretty sure he has the timeline about right...

Last edited by SJDinPHX; 11-07-2010 at 12:22 AM.