Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > Bank Pool Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2012, 09:22 PM
Suspended

Default S. Daulton vs. R. Saez 2012 D.C.C.

Score is 2-2 in games and Daulton just broke game 5 and made two balls. What would you do?

Name:  sd1.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  46.9 KB

Name:  sd2.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  70.2 KB
Old 06-26-2012, 12:27 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy Dennis View Post
Score is 2-2 in games and Daulton just broke game 5 and made two balls. What would you do ?**

Attachment 6265

Attachment 6266
**Shoot myself in the head !.. (He's 5 and out automatically, if its still his shot, you *****).
Old 06-26-2012, 12:51 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJDinPHX View Post
**Shoot myself in the head !.. (He's 5 and out automatically, if its still his shot, you *****).
How did you stumble and fall into the Banks forum?

RBL
Old 06-26-2012, 12:56 AM
Verified Member

Shoot the 6 cross corner.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:20 AM
Verified Member

The 6 cross corner is the most conservative shot. Nothing wrong with it. You wont leave much if you miss. You also wont have much if you make it.

If the 7 ball was a 1/2 in. or 1 in. more over to the right, the 7 ball straight back would be an automatic pick. You would bank that ball and play position by either stopping for the 6 cross corner or roll forward toward the 3 ball cluster at the table head.

The aggressive choice, banking the 7 straight back right from where it sits, and rolling forward toward the cluster for a big chance to go all the way out, is not a bad option at all. Just a matter of how you might feel at the time.

Knowing Shannon, I would guess that he took the aggressive route, even tho he much prefers to bank straight backs to his left side.

Also, knowing the Kentucky bankers, if he did shoot the 7 he probably didnt follow it, but used either draw or center ball. Only top Chicago bankers are comfortable using follow on bank shots for position. Following the cue ball into a "death zone" requires a slight tensing of the jaw and a tightening of the old bung hole.

Beard
Old 06-26-2012, 10:42 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred bentivegna View Post
The 6 cross corner is the most conservative shot. Nothing wrong with it. You wont leave much if you miss. You also wont have much if you make it.

If the 7 ball was a 1/2 in. or 1 in. more over to the right, the 7 ball straight back would be an automatic pick. You would bank that ball and play position by either stopping for the 6 cross corner or roll forward toward the 3 ball cluster at the table head.

The aggressive choice, banking the 7 straight back right from where it sits, and rolling forward toward the cluster for a big chance to go all the way out, is not a bad option at all. Just a matter of how you might feel at the time.

Knowing Shannon, I would guess that he took the aggressive route, even tho he much prefers to bank straight backs to his left side.

Also, knowing the Kentucky bankers, if he did shoot the 7 he probably didnt follow it, but used either draw or center ball. Only top Chicago bankers are comfortable using follow on bank shots for position. Following the cue ball into a "death zone" requires a slight tensing of the jaw and a tightening of the old bung hole.

Beard
Thx, I thought they were playing 9 ball rotation.
Old 06-26-2012, 11:56 AM
Verified Member

I like shooting the 7 here and coming down for the 8. I like hitting that bank with high because a high ball doesn't grab the ob very much. I think the angle will come off very natural. Those acute angles like that need to be pocketed I think, especially if you are right on top of it.
Old 06-26-2012, 01:49 PM
Verified Member

7's got enough room. Anything else appears to only make things more difficult. Based on his choices from other games, he may have gone ahead and done it 2 in the other side.. but I'll stick with the 7 one time.
Old 06-26-2012, 03:03 PM
Verified Member

Here is what I would try. None of the shots are overly difficult to pocket, and none of them require too much CB movement.
Attached Images

Old 06-26-2012, 10:24 PM
Verified Member

Missing here, should never enter your mind.There's two shots..the 6 cross corner which is what I would shoot or the 7 straight back to his right.Either one is about 60 to 70 % make for a good player,imo.With these easy type banks I don't think you should worry about missing and go all out to make the shot.Damn the torrpedos,full steam ahead.quote from some french dude,I think. Least that's the way I try to play in them short races and short rack.I think I was In with SD on this match and I think I watched this match Play well. John B.