Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > Bank Pool Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2012, 09:37 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Brumback View Post
...I was just kidding when I made the comment about the balls bouncing off one another.I really don't know if they do or not.I tried to take a look at the vid Doc put up about the bouncy balls but I couldn't get the dern vid to come up.Maybe they do maybe they don't...
John-- Here's another copy of the video. Perhaps it will open for you now. Although the video was made to show whether there is any spin creation with center CB at slow, medium, and fast speeds, it actually shows what happens to the CB at contact as well. There is no "bounce-back" at either of the 3 speeds.

http://billiards.colostate.edu/high_...ew/HSVA-82.htm

If it won't open for you, just go to the billiards.colostate.edu site.

~Doc
Old 06-21-2012, 12:51 AM
Suspended

Quote:
I got to go take a boat motor off right now (and have a couple cold ones) so I'm going to duck that question once again.Talk to ya later bud.When I get back you will get my answer.John B.
I've also got to replace a boat motor John, one of mine threw a rod. Do you have any Rolls Royce dealers near you? Maybe I can get a deal

Name:  CBD's Yacht.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  31.1 KB
Old 06-21-2012, 11:30 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy Dennis View Post
Dearest CatfishBreath,

I didn't really remember you "getting on my butt" for anything so I found the thread and my post. Here's what I wrote and here's the thread http://www.onepocket.org/forum/showthread.php?t=5768:

Of course, now that we can't see the WEI table anymore we don't know what layout I drew but I do think I erroneously showed the shot with more draw than I should have.

Since you can read maybe you'll notice that I wrote "a touch of inside and MAYBE a little draw". I also wrote "depending on your table".

Since you and your fanclubbers are such sticklers for being proved wrong I thought I'd show you something and ask you about it, as long as you can keep your ego in check and keep it friendly.

Here are the two cross-side banks from your DVD. The 1st shot is the 3 ball and you use minimal draw and the 3 ball goes wide into the pocket.

On the 2 ball bank you use much more draw and the 2 ball pulls up much shorter and hits the left side of the pocket.

Attachment 6185

Attachment 6189

Attachment 6187

Attachment 6188

Wouldn't you expect the 2 ball to go wider since you used more draw on it? Shouldn't the 3 ball have pulled up shorter since you used less draw on it?

Maybe, just maybe, I actually knew what I was talking about. Maybe it depends on your table? You think? Maybe it depends on several factors. Maybe I know what they are without actually having wrote them all in my post, you think? I was just trying to show a simple shot to someone trying to learn how to "pinch" a bank. I wasn't making a DVD.

The point, CatfishBreath, is that I didn't write anything wrong in my post to Joe although I still think I showed the layout with more draw than I should have. Sorry for that error but I probably haven't set it up and shot it in 20 years. You on the other hand set it up for your DVD and shot it and pulled it up shorter with more draw than you did with less draw. Go figure.

P.S. CatfishBreath, I am off till saturday night and have a case of beer and 3 bottles of Jenna's finest (12 yr. old).

P.Ps. My original point to you in this thread, which you still have not addressed, was this: Idea & Theroy #1...Shooting a cross-side bank with inside english that doesn't NEED to be hit with inside english does not make the shot easier.

Feel free to comment if you'd like and remember this; "all publicity is good publicity".

RBL
12 year old? Well then how old is mine

Yes Sir,I will try to keep my ego in check and keep it friendly from now on.It's gonna be hard though

Ok,Is that red line a statement or a question or a theroy or what in the hell does that mean.If it's a question,(oh thanks for seeing that I can read) IMO! yes I think that it helps to put a tad of inside on most any head on banks.IMO it does make the shot eaiser.But,I can hold the shot with stun too.That's one way I make my pocket open up( for a lack of better words).I remember now...you hurt my damn feelers when you said you couldn't get passed the first shot in my dvd.That's when I imploded

PS: I really don't like arguing about shots that are on my dvd.I stand behind every shot that's on it,and will,till I go to the grave.Ya'll can go right a head though.
My brother has a Silver Shadow that's sitting in his driveway and has sunk halfway up on the wheels,it's been sitting there for so long.I was the last guy that drove it and parked it there too.Silver Shadow= Rolls Royce.Since you don't get out much,thought I would explain to you what that meant.haha
John B.
Old 06-21-2012, 12:03 PM
Suspended

Quote:
12 year old? Well then how old is mine

Yes Sir,I will try to keep my ego in check and keep it friendly from now on.It's gonna be hard though

Ok,Is that red line a statement or a question or a theroy or what in the hell does that mean.If it's a question,(oh thanks for seeing that I can read) IMO! yes I think that it helps to put a tad of inside on most any head on banks.IMO it does make the shot eaiser.But,I can hold the shot with stun too.That's one way I make my pocket open up( for a lack of better words).I remember now...you hurt my damn feelers when you said you couldn't get passed the first shot in my dvd.That's when I imploded

PS: I really don't like arguing about shots that are on my dvd.I stand behind every shot that's on it,and will,till I go to the grave.Ya'll can go right a head though.
My brother has a Silver Shadow that's sitting in his driveway and has sunk halfway up on the wheels,it's been sitting there for so long.I was the last guy that drove it and parked it there too.Does he also have a crankshaft from an old straight-8 out by the curb with his mailbox bolted to it?Silver Shadow= Rolls Royce.Since you don't get out much,thought I would explain to you what that meant.haha
John B.
CatfishBreath,

Thanks for the heads-up about the Rolls but I've known that since I was 8.

Class, this will be the topic of discussion for today;

My statement: Idea & Theroy #1...Shooting a cross-side bank with inside english that doesn't NEED to be hit with inside english does not make the shot easier.

Your statement: IMO! yes I think that it helps to put a tad of inside on most any head on banks.IMO it does make the shot eaiser.

You can see the obvious contradiction in our views.

Let's take this one step at a time so I don't get confused. Are you saying to me that you think it's o.k. to use unneeded english on a bankshot? If so, why?

I'll be gone for the day and won't get back till late this evening or maybe afternoon. Think long and hard about your reply.

P.S. Yes, 12 yr old Jameson (that's whiskey JimmyB., not a girl), that crap I sent you was from 3 p.m. on the day it was sent.

The 12 yr. old has a metal container it's shipped in and it actually has a cork stopper! I'm sure you've heard the ole saying "he likes to pull a cork". I'm down to 2 bottles left now. At $45 per bottle I take it slow.
Name:  Jameson12.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  30.8 KB
Old 06-21-2012, 01:55 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
CatfishBreath,

Thanks for the heads-up about the Rolls but I've known that since I was 8.

Class, this will be the topic of discussion for today;

My statement: Idea & Theroy #1...Shooting a cross-side bank with inside english that doesn't NEED to be hit with inside english does not make the shot easier.

Your statement: IMO! yes I think that it helps to put a tad of inside on most any head on banks.IMO it does make the shot eaiser.

You can see the obvious contradiction in our views.

Let's take this one step at a time so I don't get confused. Are you saying to me that you think it's o.k. to use unneeded english on a bankshot? If so, why?

I'll be gone for the day and won't get back till late this evening or maybe afternoon. Think long and hard about your reply.

P.S. Yes, 12 yr old Jameson (that's whiskey JimmyB., not a girl), that crap I sent you was from 3 p.m. on the day it was sent.

The 12 yr. old has a metal container it's shipped in and it actually has a cork stopper! I'm sure you've heard the ole saying "he likes to pull a cork". I'm down to 2 bottles left now. At $45 per bottle I take it slow.
Attachment 6214
Eglish is a relative term,sir.I like to use just a tad.ie:meaning that it only takes maybe a 1/4 of a tip's worth from center to help hold a bank.I do like to hold every bank I shoot if I can.That helps me create the biggest pocket that I keep talking about. IMO it is needed to help hold a bank to make the pocket open up.So that means...is it needed or unneeded? So in closing, I will say that,yes I think It's perfectly ok to use a little english on a straight in bank.Hope you have or had a great day John B.

PS: well then, if mine's crap I'm going to knock it off this 4th of July weekend.I've been trying to save it.

PPS: I'll bet your the one guy that "could" get blood out of a turnip.jk jk jk
Can I ask you this question...? Are you trying to improve your bank pool game? I'm just curious.
Old 06-21-2012, 08:56 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Eglish is a relative term,sir.I like to use just a tad.ie:meaning that it only takes maybe a 1/4 of a tip's worth from center to help hold a bank.I do like to hold every bank I shoot if I can.That helps me create the biggest pocket that I keep talking about. IMO it is needed to help hold a bank to make the pocket open up.So that means...is it needed or unneeded? So in closing, I will say that,yes I think It's perfectly ok to use a little english on a straight in bank.Hope you have or had a great day John B.

PS: well then, if mine's crap I'm going to knock it off this 4th of July weekend.I've been trying to save it.

PPS: I'll bet your the one guy that "could" get blood out of a turnip.jk jk jk
Can I ask you this question...? Are you trying to improve your bank pool game? I'm just curious.
Dear CatfishBreath,

I'm done with my work for today, I think I sweated about 5 lbs. off working in this heat. Heavy T-storms rolled through a little while ago and cooled everything off nicely though. I drank two Heinekens before I came home and they were very good. Haven't had one in a year.

Well then, that brings me to me next question then John. I'll put it in red so you don't overlook it.

Are we in agreement that the use of inside english (even 1/4 tip) makes the first-rail target smaller for the object ball?

P.S. My bank game doesn't need improving, I haven't played a serious game of Banks since the mid-80's when McCue went into semi-retirement. But I still know how to play and hit 'em o.k. when I practice. It's just the eyes that make me miss, the stroke & knowledge is still there. I actually ran a 7 last year but I was just practicing. I have no idea how a guy who misses shots because he hits the cueball in the wrong place could accidently run 7 banks but I did. I wouldn't want to bet on it happening again anytime soon though.

Dennis
Old 06-22-2012, 08:00 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Dear CatfishBreath,

I'm done with my work for today, I think I sweated about 5 lbs. off working in this heat. Heavy T-storms rolled through a little while ago and cooled everything off nicely though. I drank two Heinekens before I came home and they were very good. Haven't had one in a year.

Well then, that brings me to me next question then John. I'll put it in red so you don't overlook it.

Are we in agreement that the use of inside english (even 1/4 tip) makes the first-rail target smaller for the object ball?

P.S. My bank game doesn't need improving, I haven't played a serious game of Banks since the mid-80's when McCue went into semi-retirement. But I still know how to play and hit 'em o.k. when I practice. It's just the eyes that make me miss, the stroke & knowledge is still there. I actually ran a 7 last year but I was just practicing. I have no idea how a guy who misses shots because he hits the cueball in the wrong place could accidently run 7 banks but I did. I wouldn't want to bet on it happening again anytime soon though.

Dennis
I like them Hineys every once in a while too! Bet you had a little buzz goin.They's alot stronger than them ole miller lites aint they? I've been drinkin ML's too lately.

Ok,I read your question 4 times at least and still can't figure it out.Why do you make your questions so hard? What do mean..It makes the target area smaller? Me no understand. JB
Old 06-22-2012, 09:25 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Ok,I read your question 4 times at least and still can't figure it out.Why do you make your questions so hard? What do mean..It makes the target area smaller? Me no understand. JB
Dear CatfishBreath,

Schools out down there right? Find a 3rd grader hauling buckets of water from the creek, up the mountain to the shack and ask that kid what it means.

Seriously though, here's what it means John: Whenever you bank a ball you have a certain area on the rail that the object ball can hit and be pocketed. I'm asking you if we agree that that area is made smaller by the use of inside english(even 1/4 tip).

Dennis
Old 06-22-2012, 09:46 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Dear CatfishBreath,

Schools out down there right? Find a 3rd grader hauling buckets of water from the creek, up the mountain to the shack and ask that kid what it means.

Seriously though, here's what it means John: Whenever you bank a ball you have a certain area on the rail that the object ball can hit and be pocketed. I'm asking you if we agree that that area is made smaller by the use of inside english(even 1/4 tip).

Dennis
Ohh,Okkk.Well then,no..I do not agree with you.It makes it bigger. With my method and of a touch of english (1/4 tip) I think my target area becomes bigger.I can hit the object ball in a pretty big area and make the bank.That's one reason my method of banking is so strong.You don't have to or need to be so precise(or see as good). You got anymore questions? I'll be back,got to go put a few coats of tung oil on my ole deer rifle stock.I'm refinishing it.30 06 ruger m77 had her for 30 years and she was old when I got her.Redfeild scope.I do love her too. Oh and it's raining here.Got a tenth so far. John B.
Old 06-22-2012, 09:50 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Ohh,Okkk.Well then,no..I do not agree with you.It makes it bigger. John B.
And that ends this discussion.

Have fun with your rifle, it sounds like a nice one.

Dennis