Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-20-2013, 09:06 PM
Verified Member

Lotta great ideas, keep'em coming.
Rod.
Old 12-20-2013, 09:26 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkelley View Post
Ok so I'm super new..but love this game. actually looking for someone to learn/coach me with this game. I'll be at DCC, actually ill start a thread about that later.

On with the newb,shot.

I like Trying to bank the 11 into the 3 sending(the 11) back into the stack. Hopefully running right into the 10,12, 15.. again hopefully sending the 15 right into my pocket and a chance to run some balls before I would have to play safe.

That was aggressive if I wanted to go for conservative play;

I would try to thin the 11 putting the cue into the stack to protect my advantageous position .

Now teach me what I should be doing here please.
You don't have to go thin off the 11 to go into the stack -- you can go something like half-full into the 11 with top left and you will go right into the side of the stack while moving the 11 to your own side. This is one of those situations where you can go either thick or thin to the same target, thus giving you options of where to send the 11. Sometimes those options are really important! Here you get a little more accomplished in the shot by moving the 11 to your own side...
Old 12-20-2013, 09:28 PM
Verified Member

bank 11 to your side pocket put cb on 8 and 10.
Old 12-20-2013, 09:35 PM
Verified Member

smash 11 into the 3 with follow cb into stack.
Old 12-20-2013, 09:36 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Wirth View Post
So, I'm new to posting wwyd threads but here goes my first attempt. Helpful suggestions for posting images are most welcome.

I plan to post a variety of situations which I have manufactured on my own table. I will post them one at a time and you players new to the game can analyze each situation so as to learn to think out of the box so to speak. What I'm looking for is not necessarily shots which pocket balls but instead create moves which will result in strong positions for winning games.

Anyone can play of course but give the newcomers a chance to think about it before you experienced players chime in please.

Thanks,
Tom
That is a real good point that new One Pocket players often overlook, btw.

Tom, good to see another WWYD poster!!

I reposted your pics for easier reference now that you are on page two

Other view
Old 12-20-2013, 09:39 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Wirth View Post
So, I'm new to posting wwyd threads but here goes my first attempt. Helpful suggestions for posting images are most welcome.

I plan to post a variety of situations which I have manufactured on my own table. I will post them one at a time and you players new to the game can analyze each situation so as to learn to think out of the box so to speak. What I'm looking for is not necessarily shots which pocket balls but instead create moves which will result in strong positions for winning games.

Anyone can play of course but give the newcomers a chance to think about it before you experienced players chime in please.

Thanks,
Tom
tom
great to see you doing some layouts
great idea/theme for a thread (s)

all the newbies keep the ideas coming
Old 12-20-2013, 09:50 PM
Verified Member

Yeah. Thanks Tom. This is awesome. Please do keep the scenarios coming after this one.
Old 12-20-2013, 10:05 PM
Verified Member

Thanks Steve I like that idea more than thinning the 11. I could hit it more firm to make sure I remove the 3 as well. You remove those two balls and put your opponent in the stack and you're in complete control in my opinion.

I still like my aggressive shot though. It seems like a cross between corey d. and Scott f. type of shot. add a little efren "I got lucky" and its a recipe for victory!
Old 12-21-2013, 02:29 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH Steve View Post
You don't have to go thin off the 11 to go into the stack -- you can go something like half-full into the 11 with top left and you will go right into the side of the stack while moving the 11 to your own side. This is one of those situations where you can go either thick or thin to the same target, thus giving you options of where to send the 11. Sometimes those options are really important! Here you get a little more accomplished in the shot by moving the 11 to your own side...
I like the half ball hit but use top right. I would the QB to come back down of the head rail and stop behind the 3.
Old 12-21-2013, 02:58 AM
Verified Member

i shoot these all the time....

Name:  dustin.JPG
Views: 151
Size:  43.5 KB