Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2006, 06:31 PM
Verified Member

Default End Game #2

You know I'm not sure I have ever run into this situation in all the time I have been playing. However I think that you may be trying to hard to make a ball every time its your shot instead of playing a good safe with the odds in your favor to get another shot that is better than the one you're facing. I think I would try to thin the object ball sending the cueball 2 rails to the bottom rail or 3 rails to the position where it started. The object ball would go across the table to your side. even if the object ball goes in the side pocket he has no easy shot.START(
%HU3D1%PF3D5%QA5[6%RA6A8%UT6D8%VE8D4%WC2[6%XC7[5%YY0C2%ZY2C3
%[a1W0%\U3D0%]R2C4%^Q9C1%eB4a4%_C5H5%`j6[2%as5T8%bt3U2%ct0T7
%dU2D6
)END sorry for the ugly arrows but I'm just getting used to using them. Just a thought on how I might try.---Smitty
Old 02-24-2006, 07:02 PM
Verified Member

Default End Game #2

Looking at the set-up again, I think I would hit the object ball 1 rail tothe middle of the bottom rail and follow the cue ball to the top rail. This is always a good place to leave someone.START(
%HS8D0%PE7D1%QA5[6%RA6A8%Us1H3%VT4D0%Ys0F8%ZR7C8%[D0P1%\s3H3
%]R6C9%^E5D0%eA6`6
)END
Smitty
Old 02-24-2006, 07:27 PM
Verified Member

Send a message via ICQ to Donovan Send a message via AIM to Donovan Send a message via MSN to Donovan Send a message via Yahoo to Donovan

I was in this situation the other day and did play to make this. However the real focus was to put the cue ball on the head rail. The ball just happened to rattle lightly and fall. The speed was just enough to get both balls to the opposite rails and I shot it just slightly right of head straight on. Unless I missed something, I was guessing you were shooting to pocket A?

START(%HS8D2%PE7D1%QA5[6%RA6A8%Us1H3%VT3D0%Yr2K8%ZR9C9%[D5Z6%\s3H3%]R1D3%^E5D0%eB3`4)END

-Straight Pool and One-Pocket Rule!
MadEye1@gmail.com
Old 02-25-2006, 12:49 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveshiscue
Thanks for the input guys. Whenever it gets down to one ball like this, I find myself struggling to know when to duck and when to shoot at my hole.

I like One Pocket Ghost's rail first, four rails around when the cue ball is closer to the bottom rail. In trying the shot out on my home Diamond, it seemed to be very effective when the cueball was about 1.5 to 2 diamonds lower, whereas when the cueball was near the center of the uptable end rail I think the kick offered the best results. I think I may have been overhitting the kick. Leaving the ball near the center of the table seems to have alot of value.

Here's another endgame situation I had the other day. I tried it as diagrammed and missed and the return was almost identical to the first endgame situation I diagrammed above but only this time my opponent spun the bank shot for the cheese. Anyways, heres what I attempted:

START(
%HU3D1%PE7D1%QA5[6%RA6A8%WC2[6%Xs1I4%Yr7I1%ZY2C3%[X6C5%\U3D0
%]T0D5%^E5D0%eB4a4%_o5Z8%`j1V3%aT4D4
)END

Cue ball and object ball were both off the rail about about 0.5-1 inch. Is this how you guys would have played this?

You and Donavan were both right in choosing to shoot this 2 rail bank - it's the right shot - you can win the game with it, and as long as you're capable of shooting at pocket speed, the sellout factor is extremely low.
Old 02-26-2006, 12:52 AM
Verified Member

Donovan, yes I was playing it in pocket A. I also like to try this same shot rail first with the cueball when the object ball is froze or near froze but I need to practice that shot more as its not one I can clearly "see the angle" like most direct hit shots.

Question to some of the more experienced one pocket players. What end game shot would you say is shot the wrong way most by amateur and even intermediate one pocket players. Grady's tape shows one
START(
%Ar8O7%BB1\3%CB4\5%DB6]0%EB3\7%FB1\5%GB5B6%HB2\7%IB3\5%JB3B8
%KB6B9%LB2\6%MB2\7%NB2\6%OB2\4%PC8O6
)END
One rail straight back according to Grady is the wrong shot. He likes thinning the ball towards your side of the table and taking whitey back down table.
Old 02-26-2006, 07:32 AM
Verified Member

Default End Game

If the ball is froze like it appears to be in the diagram then just thinning it is good. However you want to make sure that you move it over and up to at least the first dot on your long rail and leave the cueball over by the side pocket. That pretty much take any shot out of your oponents hands.
START(
%Ar8O7%BB1\3%CB4\5%DB6]0%EB3\7%FB1\5%GB5B6%HB2\7%IB3\5%JB3B8
%KB6B9%LB2\6%MB2\7%NB2\6%OB2\4%PC8O6%Un4Z0%Vs0P2%Wq8O4%XD7O6
%Yb0D4%Zs3N2
)END

Smitty
Old 02-26-2006, 11:17 PM
Verified Member

Default The Finishing Touch

Get a copy of Grady's tape "The Finishing Touch" it is a GREAT learning tool for eng game play.
Old 02-27-2006, 11:19 PM
Verified Member

Default Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donovan
I was in this situation the other day and did play to make this. However the real focus was to put the cue ball on the head rail. The ball just happened to rattle lightly and fall. The speed was just enough to get both balls to the opposite rails and I shot it just slightly right of head straight on. Unless I missed something, I was guessing you were shooting to pocket A?

START(%HS8D2%PE7D1%QA5[6%RA6A8%Us1H3%VT3D0%Yr2K8%ZR9C9%[D5Z6%\s3H3%]R1D3%^E5D0%eB3`4)END
I am responding in your thread since I have noticed you seem to know a lot about computers. I had the onepocket.org wei pooltable saved in my favorites menu and have been using it with no problem for months when pasting these problems. All of a sudden it does not work. When I paste nothing happens on the table. Can you help? It asks about a clip from a movie, I dont know if it was always that particular question as I always just clicked on ok twice. tks
Old 02-27-2006, 11:23 PM
Verified Member

Send a message via ICQ to Donovan Send a message via AIM to Donovan Send a message via MSN to Donovan Send a message via Yahoo to Donovan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RileysDad
Get a copy of Grady's tape "The Finishing Touch" it is a GREAT learning tool for eng game play.
LOL, I just ordered it right before, and I mean right before, I opened up to read this....CRACKS ME UP!!!

MadEye1@gmail.com
Old 02-27-2006, 11:30 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by suki
I am responding in your thread since I have noticed you seem to know a lot about computers. I had the onepocket.org wei pooltable saved in my favorites menu and have been using it with no problem for months when pasting these problems. All of a sudden it does not work. When I paste nothing happens on the table. Can you help? It asks about a clip from a movie, I dont know if it was always that particular question as I always just clicked on ok twice. tks
To be honest, I don't know exactly when or why it starting asking that, but just keep clicking OK.

In my best guess, it has to do with an upgrade from either windows, adobe acrobat, real, or quicktime. It probably is looking for an extention to work with one of those. THE GOOD NEWS is it doesn't really hurt anything except having to hit OK another time...it has happened to many users, so you did nothing wrong and just joined the club. I hope this helped.

MadEye1@gmail.com