Grady

Verified Member
From
Columbia, SC
Finally, there is light at the end of the tunnel. It is to be:
Grady's
850-C South Lake Rd.
Lexington, SC 29072
The phone number is 803-957-7665, although much of the time nobody will be answering until about mid Sept. It's on Route 6, exit 55 off I-20.
Eleven big tables and six bar boxes, Diamond Smart tables all with pro cut pockets.There's 7,400 sq. ft. and we'll be serving beer and wine.
I'm thinking about having a small event for a grand opening on Oct.13th and 14th. (The doors will be open much earlier...like as soon as there's a table on four legs.) The U.S. Open starts on the 15th but players don't have to be in Norfolk until Mon. evening and it's only a six hour drive from here in Lexington.
Frankly, I've been tired of 9 Ball for a long time and I'm kind of known for One Pocket, Banks and 14.1 anyway. So I respectfully ask this forum, do you think a Bank Pool or One Pocket event would work as an opening attraction? By the way, On Sat. nights, when there's nothing big conflicting, I run really nice handicap 9 Ball tournaments.
When I get this establishment off the ground I intend to start Senior tournaments, too.
I'm open to any and all suggestions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MisterBanker

Verified Member
I think a banks or one pocket tournament would be a very appropriate opening event. It's something that I (and hopefully others) would look forward to.

There are more than enough weekend 9-ball events around for people to get their fill of that game.
________
Shemale Lesbian

Last edited:

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
That's great news, Grady! I hope the room will be a big success! In regards the tournament, I'm partial to one-pocket. It should draw well in that neck of the woods. I heard that Buddy recently stated that he wants to have a bank pool tour, since he claims that bank pool tournaments always fill up. That notwithstanding, since I've never played banks, I'll vote for one-hole.:cool:

Doc

KindlyOleUncleDave

Verified Member
Tournament

Tournament

One pocket or , hopefully, full rack Banks. 1 pocket is preferable

And might I suggest a pox upon handicapped 9 ball at any place, anytime, and for any pay out.

Pelican

Verified Member
From
Magnolia Springs, AL
Congrats my friend. Really wish you all the success in the world.

Since you personally are known so well for one pocket I think that would be your best choice for an "opener". If you wanted to do something with banks consider a ring game.

Proud for you buddy,

Pel

Frank Wojo

Verified Member
Conflicting Dates

Conflicting Dates

Grady, you may want to recheck your dates for the 2007 US 9 Ball Championship. I have advanced tickets and the dates are Sunday, October 14 through Saturday, October 20 (It starts earlier than prior years). The players will most likely be traveling on Saturday the 13th as they start play on Sunday. http://www.usopen9ballchampionships.com/

Hope this helps and all the best with your new room

Wedge

Grady

Verified Member
From
Columbia, SC
Wedge said:
Grady, you may want to recheck your dates for the 2007 US 9 Ball Championship. I have advanced tickets and the dates are Sunday, October 14 through Saturday, October 20 (It starts earlier than prior years). The players will most likely be traveling on Saturday the 13th as they start play on Sunday. http://www.usopen9ballchampionships.com/

Hope this helps and all the best with your new room

Wedge

Caught that some time ago, but failed to say so on this particular forum. Sorry for the omission and thanks for keeping me on my toes. We're planning the grand opening for Sept 3rd which is Labor Day and will work on doing a tournament after the first of 2008.

Splash

From
Hiratsuka Japan
Congratulations on the new room, hope it will work out well for you.

My theory is 14-1 is the best for practice, 8-ball for bangers and advanced safety play, 9-ball if you are young and dumb and only know how to pocket balls and show off... 3-cushion for the older dogs, and for pocket billiards old dogs, no comparison to the joys of one pocket well played. And this is nothing to take away from a Riley's 12ft snooker table with snooker, golf, or English billiards games going on daytime.

I'm in Japan, but if in D.C. or otherwise nearby, I'll come look you up for some cheap games, mostly for fun.

Kevin

(oh, and if you have all 15 of your videos on sale, I'm still looking for "Only Kicks", that speed control choice is a bear, but I have the rest of your good stuff)

Grady

Verified Member
From
Columbia, SC
Only Kicks

Only Kicks

(oh, and if you have all 15 of your videos on sale, I'm still looking for "Only Kicks", that speed control choice is a bear, but I have the rest of your good stuff)[/QUOTE]

I only made eleven tapes altogether. Email me at grady101@sc.rr.com and I'll tell you how to order "Only Kicks". I have a few of them available on DVD.

Samiel

Verified Member
One Pocket always brings in a good crowd and it's what you're most known for I think, so perhaps that would be the way to go.

Unfortunately, Lexington SC is about 1,000 miles away from Fort Worth, TX, so I'm not sure I can make it! :(

Last edited:

mosconiac

Verified Member
Like everyone else, I posted about doing a 1P event (on the AZB thread). Here's another idea (sorry, not 1P related), but what about holding a qualifier for Hopkins' $1M 9B event?

What's your opinion of the power of that to bring in a crowd? :confused: