STOP IT!!! "IT" hit me!!

newfosgatesucks

Verified Member
How do you stop it? IT! You know what "IT" is - here is a small dose!

He needed 4, I needed 1. Banking the 6, he slops the 2 in. And fell on this. Then runs out like some kind of player!

Have you ever been hit by "IT" and you don't know what "IT" is made of, where it comes from, or why it is there in the first place? !! ?? !!

I was sitting there and said, "There 'IT' is" on the slop-bank. Then when he hit the 6 poorly, I said here's my shot...but "IT" wasn't finished! It stuck around long enough to let this happen::eek:

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3COpY2FVKe3GAOY2HPgp2PTgG2aVKe2abMT3abjk2cPgp2cPXq2kTgG2kUMu2kaCr@[/CUETABLE]

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
newfosgatesucks said:

He needed 4, I needed 1. Banking the 6, he slops the 2 in. And fell on this. Then runs out like some kind of player!

Have you ever been hit by "IT" and you don't know what "IT" is made of, where it comes from, or why it is there in the first place? !! ?? !!

I was sitting there and said, "There 'IT' is" on the slop-bank. Then when he hit the 6 poorly, I said here's my shot...but "IT" wasn't finished! It stuck around long enough to let this happen::eek:

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3COpY2FVKe3GAOY2HPgp2PTgG2aVKe2abMT3abjk2cPgp2cPXq2kTgG2kUMu2kaCr@[/CUETABLE]

Strange things happen in pool and all sports. But in pool we have the control.

Betting on sports or another pool game all we have is our opinion.

The answer is how did he get in that position.

The shot before and the shot before that will get you too were you are.

But thier is also luck in all ganes. I player can shoot in the stack and miss the ball.

And the balls can breack perfect for him and put you in a worse spot then if he would have made the ball.

Nobody can control Luck. And nobody knowes when it will happen. For you or against you.

Some peolple say they are the most unluckiest person in the world.

But I tell them youre not unlucky. And they say why do you say that.

I say your still her areant you. As long as youre alive you can still get lucky.

When your dead your luck has run out.

Artie Bodendorfer said:
Strange things happen in pool and all sports. But in pool we have the control.

Betting on sports or another pool game all we have is our opinion.

The answer is how did he get in that position.

The shot before and the shot before that will get you too were you are.

But thier is also luck in all ganes. I player can shoot in the stack and miss the ball.

And the balls can breack perfect for him and put you in a worse spot then if he would have made the ball.

Nobody can control Luck. And nobody knowes when it will happen. For you or against you.

Some peolple say they are the most unluckiest person in the world.

But I tell them youre not unlucky. And they say why do you say that.

I say your still her areant you. As long as youre alive you can still get lucky.

When your dead your luck has run out.

I like this, Artie, I really do.

Deeman

Verified Member
Mathmatically, the rolls are all supposed to "even out" over a game, a set or at least a lifetime! Anyone really believe this? :)

DeeMan

blackeee

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Tn
newfosgatesucks said:

Think of the millions of pool games that are played every. Bad luck is always floating in the air. Sometimes it lands on you.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Deeman said:
Mathmatically, the rolls are all supposed to "even out" over a game, a set or at least a lifetime! Anyone really believe this? :)

DeeMan

I believe while I'm getting lucky all the time, there's some poor guy somewhere that never gets a roll. :D :p
Rod.

newfosgatesucks

Verified Member
Rod, if you are owning up to this being your fault...
androd said:
I believe while I'm getting lucky all the time, there's some poor guy somewhere that never gets a roll. :D :p
Rod.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
androd said:
Aw toughen up man, you ain't unlucky you're due. :p :D
Rod.

Ain't it funny, how the best player always gets the best rolls...:p

Or sometimes the drunks get 'em...:rolleyes:

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Deeman, I would have to say that the rolls (or the luck) is pretty much levelled out over a period of time. The problem is usually that the players don't take an objective view of them. What looks like luck when I get it doesn't seem the same to you when you get it. Human nature.

Do the good players get the good rolls? Not really - it's the result of preparation and opportunity making itself felt. :rolleyes:

blackeee

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Tn
vapros said:
Deeman, I would have to say that the rolls (or the luck) is pretty much levelled out over a period of time. The problem is usually that the players don't take an objective view of them. What looks like luck when I get it doesn't seem the same to you when you get it. Human nature.

Do the good players get the good rolls? Not really - it's the result of preparation and opportunity making itself felt. :rolleyes:

Luck is the residue of practice and preparition.

Deeman

Verified Member
vapros said:

vapros,

I agree, you never say, "That ball rolled off right into the pocket!" :)

DeeMan

bstroud

Verified Member
I find when "IT" hits me it is because I am not playing up to speed. All you can do is suck "IT" up and play better.
Once I start doing my thing "IT" mysteriously goes away.

I also thing a positive attitude helps. I have seen some players with negative attitudes get the worst rolls I have ever seen.

Bill Stroud

newfosgatesucks

Verified Member
I tend to agree with a lot of your views,! especially this one.

WHen I play sub-par I tend to do things differently, and then IT shows up!!! Usually I get a little hot about how I couldn't have been beat any other way, and it makes me play better. That is why I do not perform well playing 'friendly' as I do playing to kill.

"IT" showed up for about 15 minutes at the nine ball tournament last night. It got me hot enough to win.

bstroud said:
I find when "IT" hits me it is because I am not playing up to speed. All you can do is suck "IT" up and play better.
Once I start doing my thing "IT" mysteriously goes away.

I also thing a positive attitude helps. I have seen some players with negative attitudes get the worst rolls I have ever seen.

Bill Stroud

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
newfosgatesucks said:
I tend to agree with a lot of your views,! especially this one.

WHen I play sub-par I tend to do things differently, and then IT shows up!!! Usually I get a little hot about how I couldn't have been beat any other way, and it makes me play better. That is why I do not perform well playing 'friendly' as I do playing to kill.

"IT" showed up for about 15 minutes at the nine ball tournament last night. It got me hot enough to win.

I would like too clariefy Something. The pool player who shoots hard shots and gambles can get lucky or unlucky.

A person who playes the game correctly its hard for him too get lucky or unlucky.

Because the shots he shoots are calculated and everything is figuerd out ahead off time.

And he is looking too do a specific thing on every shot. And that eliminates almost all the luck factor playing one pocket.

Because he doesnt shoot real haed shots or takes big gambles. Were you can get trapet. He tryies too eliminate the luck factor.

And thats were luck and mistakes come into play. So realy the luck will be hard too even out If one person is calculating every shot.

Compaired too a agressive shooter Like Ronnie Bugs Scott Corn Bread REd Jersy Red. Thier will be key luck factore involved.

Because off their agressive shots and moves.

If you are betting on a game now it can play a big part in winning and loosing.

And some times even the best off every bet can put you on a loosing streack.

Luck playes a big part because if it comes to guessing and picking. And Horses it will show up big time.

But in a onepocket game the person who shoots hard shots and moves will have the big luck factor swings. Wheather he gets lucky or unlucky.

But a real one pocket player will not have this happen much. Because off the way he plays the game. So I dont think it could even out between the two players.

Because one player shoots lucky shots. And thee other players does not.

And if the one player gets real lucky he should win. Umless he has a real bad game. Then he will loose no matter how lucky he gets.

And people talk about integraty. Were is it when you make a game the other player cannot win.

And If all those people you beat. Mr Billy Stroud you would call a fould on yourself.

What about the people who you beat who had no chance. Were is the integraty.

I will show you I will call a foul on myself but I still have a game were the other player cant win. Witch is worse for Integraty.

Playing someone who cant win. Or playing a sleeper that the player didnt see. I dont think you can call that integraty.

Unless you think it could be a hipacrite.

newfosgatesucks

Verified Member
I feel like integrity is winning by PLAYING. And I completely respect those who feel different. But when you give up the nuts, you play different. It isn't really the nuts, when you play different. Once we know that, we only have integrity if we go on and give those nuts up, KNOWING how we have to play.

But I can not stand on a high horse - Nor claim my integrity is +anyones. When I just play for cash, It is fine. But when I have to make a living at it...you do what you have to do.

So what is smarter? To me, it is keeping your integrity until you're forced not to.

I can count the fouls I didn't call on myself, and recall the dishonest opponent on the receiving end of each one.

I am considering living past that, and giving it up.