Flotsam, Jetsam, Careered, Careened,

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
I'm sure that most you have been scratching your heads at the recent use of the word "flotsam"(easily confused with jetsam) on this forum so I thought I'd use it and a few others in one-pocket related sentences to help you understand:) .

Flotsam: Goods found floating on the water, not deliberately thrown in.

1. After SJD's boat the "Drunkin' Duck" sank, the only flotsam found were half-empty Yukon Jack bottles, the searchers went home after seeing them as they knew the Duck was gone if he let go of the bottles.

Jetsam: Goods voluntarily cast into the sea.

2. The jetsam found in Lake Michigan included pooltables from Bensingers, lighting fixtures from North Shore and several pairs of high-heels belonging to cheap Chicago hookers.

Careered: Rounding a curve at high speed.

3. The Ghost's cueball careered around the table striking three rails and then hitting the object ball perfectly.

Careened: Tilting quite a bit, possibly at speed.

4. The Duck nearly hit the table as he careened around it in a Yukon Jack induced stupor.

Hope this helps sort & sift through the debris:D .

Dennis

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Cowboy Dennis said:
I'm sure that most you have been scratching your heads at the recent use of the word "flotsam"(easily confused with jetsam) on this forum so I thought I'd use it and a few others in one-pocket related sentences to help you understand:) .

1. After SJD's boat the "Drunkin' Duck" sank, the only flotsam found were half-empty Yukon Jack bottles, the searchers went home after seeing them as they knew the Duck was gone if he let go of the bottles.

2. The jetsam found in Lake Michigan included pooltables from Bensingers, lighting fixtures from North Shore and several pairs of high-heels belonging to cheap Chicago hookers.

3. The Ghost's cueball careered around the table striking three rails and then hitting the object ball perfectly.

4. The Duck nearly hit the table as he careened around it in a Yukon Jack induced stupor.

Dennis

Dennis.....At times, you can write so eloquently...:)

- Fantasma

newfosgatesucks

Verified Member
SO if the hookers shoe is scratched, sitting on the bensingers table, and you get them free.....

.............What is THAT scratch worth?

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
newfosgatesucks said:
SO if the hookers shoe is scratched, sitting on the bensingers table, and you get them free.....

.............What is THAT scratch worth?
Her getting on all fours on top off the table.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan

Dennis

All right kids (and others who flunked out of school), it's time for a little spelling & definiton lesson again:

Click: Noun

click (plural clicks)
1.A brief, sharp, not particularly loud, relatively high-pitched sound produced by the impact something small and hard against something hard, such as by the operation of a switch, a lock or a latch, or a finger pressed against the thumb and then released to strike the hand.

Example:I turned the key, the lock gave a click and the door opened. a click of one’s fingers

Clique: Noun

clique (plural cliques)
1.A small, exclusive group of individuals; cabal

Example:This school used to be really friendly, but now everyone keeps to their own cliques.

Carry on:D

RBL