1ST Senior One Pocket Classic (Players List)

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
1ST Senior One Pocket Classic (Players List)

I know it wouldn't be easy for you, but if you'll come down I'll let you have half my action to help defray your expenses. :heh

Thanks buddy. You're all heart. But I'm a bit cold and I'll be burning 1/2 my bankroll to keep warm. I figure at least this way I'll be warm 😳. (Except for my cold dead heart that is 😂)

Really though, I would love to go if I could just to watch. Best of luck!!!

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
He bought a bunch of farm equipment and is busy in the boonies clearing some land. Frank The Barber, Bill Meacham and I are rooming together. Bill was in California quite a few years before going to Colorado. We all go way back. I have known Frank since the 60's and Bill since the 70's. Now that Baby Huey (Jerry) has decided to come, California will have a strong group with Jerry and Wayne added to the mix.
What a killer crew! I suspect that the Calif. contingent will have a strong possibility of taking home the title. But any one of a half dozen guys could win it, for sure. Only one thing is a certainty: there will be a tremendous amount of 1P knowledge on display...;)

~Doc

troutmanmo

Verified Member
From
Houston
I can't wait.

Tough lineup. The only guys I have a chance against are the ones I don't know... except LeBlanc. I'll dust his ass off no problem. :D

Well,well,well, look who is chirpin again...Mr.can't play dead....you gonna be dustin your ass offa da floor when I get thru with you.

Bye the way,don't think Doc was referring to you...lol.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Well,well,well, look who is chirpin again...Mr.can't play dead....you gonna be dustin your ass offa da floor when I get thru with you.

Bye the way,don't think Doc was referring to you...lol.

OK, that does it. I was plannin' to take it easy on you, but it's on now... It is ON.

(You probably don't want to sell me that nice 4-piece now, but I was plannin' to play with my new Budweiser stick anyway... Good luck, Sucka!)

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Allan Canin just joined the fray, we are now 23 strong.
See post # 38 for updated list.

Ok sports fans, we have 24 paid players! William Stephens from Washington, DC fills the field.

A hearty welcome to the latest two entrants, Allan Canin and William Stephen aka ( Bill ) a member of onepocket.org

See you fellas soon

Now John Rizzo's entry is on the chopping block, the next desired entry will take his place in the field.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
1ST Annual Senior One Pocket Classic

1ST Annual Senior One Pocket Classic

John Rizzo has definitely made his entry available to the next person wanting to play in the inaugural Senior Classic. He also mentioned there might be an additional person on the list from Houston who would be willing to give up their spot if necessary to accommodate a player coming from out of town.

So, there are now two possible spots that could be had simply calling John Rizzo at 281-813-3886 and asking for a spot.

If there are no more requests in the month remaining for a spot in the field, we will go forward with the full field of 24 players listed in post # 38

Last edited:

baby huey

Verified Member
I am really excited to be coming out for the event. Does anyone know what time the finals might be started on Sunday and if its and extended race or true double elimination?

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
I am really excited to be coming out for the event. Does anyone know what time the finals might be started on Sunday and if its and extended race or true double elimination?

Last one was a true double elimination. Went two sets and got over around 7/8 PM. I need your pic for the flyer. Cell phone pic is OK, send to 530-391-8316

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas

The Super Senior Classic started after the Calcutta on Friday, and had a field of 18 players. We played one match that night because of the late start time and travel time involved with some of the players coming in that day from great distances.

This event will have 24 players, however the Calcutta will be held on the evening of the 14th ( Thursday ) and will not in any way affect the playing of any matches. The plan in place is to have the players meeting sometime around 12:00 PM on Friday and then draw names for the bracket. That finished we should start the matches about 1:00 PM on Friday, and continue play throughout the day until 9:00 PM.

The 9:00 PM time will be the last match held Friday, so us old guys will have plenty of time to rest up before the action starts up again on Saturday at 11:00 AM. The Saturday matches will follow same plan as Friday with the last match scheduled no later than 9:00 PM.

This should put us in great shape for the finals on Sunday.

The tournament will be a true double elimination event, with the hot seat needing to lose a race to 4, then a race to 3 to decide the champion.

Last edited:

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Alternate list started

Alternate list started

Walter Glass has replaced John Rizzo on the list of 24 players. (See post # 38)
Rizzo now becomes the 1st alternate. Of course if anyone is interested in playing this event, we still have a person willing to give up his spot in the line-up, and if that person gets replaced I'm positive Rizzo would step aside as 1st alternate should we have a withdrawal in the final days before kickoff. Just sayin....

Welcome aboard Walter, glad to have you join the fun.

See you in about a month.

Last edited:

keoneyo

Verified Member
Walter Glass has replaced John Rizzo on the list of 24 players. (See post # 38)
Rizzo now becomes the 1st alternate. Of course if anyone is interested in playing this event, we still have a person willing to give up his spot in the line-up, and if that person gets replaced I'm positive Rizzo would step aside as 1st alternate should we have a withdrawal in the final days before kickoff. Just sayin....

Welcome aboard Walter, glad to have you join the fun.

See you in about a month.

This addition of Mr Glass is great. I wont say much but he is a tough tenacious competitor and his visits to HOB in Santa Monica has shown him to be a gentleman of the highest order.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
wow, what a great event! Kudos to whoever thought of having this tournament in the first place and I hope it continues for many years to come so I can start competing in 20 years or so :)

Good luck to all, have fun and please post some updates and/or pics when you can.

Thanks!

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
This addition of Mr Glass is great. I wont say much but he is a tough tenacious competitor and his visits to HOB in Santa Monica has shown him to be a gentleman of the highest order.

You are right about Walter, I met him in the late 80's/early 90's and he is a good guy and a fierce competitor who plays all games. I know he has done well in the Rum Runner tournament in Vegas that starts this Friday. I know he won it at least once.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
You are right about Walter, I met him in the late 80's/early 90's and he is a good guy and a fierce competitor who plays all games. I know he has done well in the Rum Runner tournament in Vegas that starts this Friday. I know he won it at least once.

Wow.

Keeps getting better for spectators and worse if you're not already dead money... just sayin', it's gettin' better for poor ole LSJohn. :) (I wonder if I could have bought a VIP seat for less than $200.) :eek:

Please Lord, let me smoke that LeBlanc so he'll throw HIS cue in the river. (For anyone who doesn't know him... he's a bonafide PRICK... Jack Hines told me so.) :D

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado

He's comin' because it's easy money.....:p.
Be good ta tangle with em one more time.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Wow.

Keeps getting better for spectators and worse if you're not already dead money... just sayin', it's gettin' better for poor ole LSJohn. :) (I wonder if I could have bought a VIP seat for less than $200.) :eek:

Please Lord, let me smoke that LeBlanc so he'll throw HIS cue in the river. (For anyone who doesn't know him... he's a bonafide PRICK... Jack Hines told me so.) :D

I don't want to start any trouble:D but, I heard he sent in an extra two hundred to draw you in the first round.:eek:

troutmanmo

Verified Member
From
Houston
I don't want to start any trouble:D but, I heard he sent in an extra two hundred to draw you in the first round.:eek:

That's true John,tryin real hard to get him early...just afraid his skinny little ass won't show up..bye the way,he is really easy to spot..the one with the large yellow stripe on his back...can't miss him.