Sweet Bank #2

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Freddy showed me how to hit this bank a couple of years ago and I went to the poolroom and made it on the 1st attempt. Last Monday I set it up and again made it on the 1st try:D. Does anybody know how to shoot it straight-back to pocket 'A' ?

Straight-Back.jpg

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
You can three raill this or one rail it... if you do the one rail better not try and use english... level cue rail first hit center cueball... I think how it goes...

B

tonygreen

Well-Known-Member
Also one of my favorite shots. Easy to hit consistently. Spin it in .. Draw it in ... many ways to hit it
*Sidenote* Leonardo Andam can make it even when the cue ball is also frozen to the rail.

John Brumback

Verified Member
I've got a question about that shot straight back.I've never seen anyone play the shot in a game of bankpool so my question is...(in a game of bankpool) (gambling or tourney) would that be called one rail or two? Seems like when i make it, it's really a two rail shot . Just curious. John B.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
I've got a question about that shot straight back.I've never seen anyone play the shot in a game of bankpool so my question is...(in a game of bankpool) (gambling or tourney) would that be called one rail or two? Seems like when i make it, it's really a two rail shot . Just curious. John B.

Dear CatfishBreath,

It is frozen to the siderail and goes to the headrail and comes back to the pocket so it's a two-rail shot. You are correct (for a f@@king change:p).

Dennis

John Brumback

Verified Member
Dear CatfishBreath,

It is frozen to the siderail and goes to the headrail and comes back to the pocket so it's a two-rail shot. You are correct (for a f@@king change:p).

Dennis

Ahh, why thank you!!!:eek::lol JB

PS: glad your back,bud.

John Brumback

Verified Member
Catfishbreath,

How many bottles of Jenna's finest do I have to send you to get a "free" copy of your next DVD? Remember, you should let me see it before you put it out to the general public and I will point out your mistakes:):p:D.

Dennis

Great idea!! Don't worry I'm saving some of it for hard times.The new one will be on the house,ole buddy:D JB

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Dear CatfishBreath,

Dennis

in any game if the ball is frozen to the rail the ball has to hit ANOTHER rail to be a legal hit
to me that means the rail its frozen to doesnt count???
so is it really a technicallly a one rail bank???
:confused:
just askin and being a devils advocate:D

John Brumback

Verified Member
in any game if the ball is frozen to the rail the ball has to hit ANOTHER rail to be a legal hit

NO,technically this a "two rail" bankshot, Larry.

What your talking about is getting a legal hit in, say 9ball or something like that.

In bankpool you have to call every rail no matter how the ball is laying.Froze or not froze.....doesn't matter.A rail is a rail.

PS: but to save my butt..I know he wasn't talking about bankpool or he would have put this in the BANKPOOL forum:lol futhermore.. this shot most likely would come up more in onepocket than bankpool.That was prolly his reason for putting it over here.

so if say,I'm playin banks with Efren and the ball is froze to the rail and I want bank it cross side,I get to make the first "no rail bankshot" in history? See what I mean:lol,just messin with ya.But you get the point:D JB

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl

What your talking about is getting a legal hit in, say 9ball or something like that.

In bankpool you have to call every rail no matter how the ball is laying.Froze or not froze.....doesn't matter.A rail is a rail.

PS: but to save my butt..I know he wasn't talking about bankpool or he would have put this in the BANKPOOL forum:lol futhermore.. this shot most likely would come up more in onepocket than bankpool.That was prolly his reason for putting it over here.

so if say,I'm playin banks with Efren and the ball is froze to the rail and I want bank it cross side,I get to make the first "no rail bankshot" in history? See what I mean:lol,just messin with ya.But you get the point:D JB
good point .......i should listen ..not talk ..sometimes....:D

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California

So if there's no rail involved would it it still be considered a bank shot?

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
i played around with it last night for a while and got it to go a couple of times...firm, real low, about 1/2 - 1 tip right.

(and i didn't even "cheat" and look it up in one of freddy's books :p)

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
i played around with it last night for a while and got it to go a couple of times...firm, real low, about 1/2 - 1 tip right.

(and i didn't even "cheat" and look it up in one of freddy's books :p)

well, page 202, coming from a hof banker, shows it should be played a different way....:eek:

(touch of right does throw it away from the pocket ;))

Last edited:

Big Jim

Verified Member
From
Southern, Indiana
banks

banks

Back in my prime around 1986, i was playing a gentleman Named Vernon Elliot, he began making shots like this. Nobody in Parkmoor bowlling alley would tell me it was Vernon i was gambling with. When he began making these type shots, i knew it was him since i had heard he was in town. We played bank pool for 4 hours and broke dead even. He kept wanting to increase the bet, but i had already figgered out who he was by then, lol.
:heh

Tennessee Joe6

Verified Member
From
Middle Tennessee

Not so fast --- you may be talking about a house rule. Here is the BCA Official rule:

8.4 Driven to a Rail
A ball is said to be driven to a rail if it is not touching that rail and then touches that rail. A ball touching a rail at the start of a shot (said to be “frozen” to the rail) is not considered driven to that rail unless it leaves the rail and returns. A ball that is pocketed or driven off the
table is also considered to have been driven to a rail. A ball is assumed not to be frozen to any rail unless it is declared frozen by the referee, the shooter, or the opponent. See also Regulation 26, Calling Frozen Balls.

Dr.Dave's site has a referee guide with high speed videos of 100 referee situations. Take the test --- the average player will be lucky to get a "C" or "B". Maybe similiar to your high school grades --- lol.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Not so fast --- you may be talking about a house rule. Here is the BCA Official rule:

8.4 Driven to a Rail
A ball is said to be driven to a rail if it is not touching that rail and then touches that rail. A ball touching a rail at the start of a shot (said to be “frozen” to the rail) is not considered driven to that rail unless it leaves the rail and returns. A ball that is pocketed or driven off the
table is also considered to have been driven to a rail. A ball is assumed not to be frozen to any rail unless it is declared frozen by the referee, the shooter, or the opponent. See also Regulation 26, Calling Frozen Balls.

Dr.Dave's site has a referee guide with high speed videos of 100 referee situations. Take the test --- the average player will be lucky to get a "C" or "B". Maybe similiar to your high school grades --- lol.

not so fast tenessee joe6
if i do as well as my high school grades ill be the wise man of refereees......:eek:....:rolleyes:......:D