The shooter needs two

Skin

Verified Member
This situation came up last week in a game.The shooter has pocket A and needs two. His shot is on page 2. The balls were laying perfect for it. It won the game.

What would you have done?

Skin

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@1JbEL4KYAL4PVoC3QcQv@1JbEL4KYAL4PVgC3QcQv1ebEL3eSRu4fYAL1fYQF1fJUj3fcIw4kVgC4kXrf4kagD3kAtf1uBvK@[/CUETABLE]

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Skin said:
This situation came up last week in a game.The shooter has pocket A and needs two. His shot is on page 2. The balls were laying perfect for it. It won the game.

Skin

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@1JbEL4KYAL4PVoC3QcQv@1JbEL4KYAL4PVgC3QcQv1ebEL3eSRu4fYAL1fYQF1fJUj3fcIw4kVgC4kXrf4kagD3kAtf1uBvK@[/CUETABLE]
THats a beauty a real jig saw shot.

beatle

Verified Member
i can put the eleven up near my hole but i cant get the ten where i am good, enough times to try to control both balls. shooting balls off the points is nice but rather hard, especially with a combo.

if i can out move the guy i might just go into tick tick mode with him.

if he is a lousy shooter i pocket the eleven and leave him a long back cut.

if i had a little better angle although this isnt bad i might kick behind and three rail the elven and leave the ten there,or move it a ways down the rail

One pocket Smitty

Verified Member
From
Chandler, Tx.
The shot the shooter shot was the first thing that came to mind. Good out. I do practice the points not so sure I have ever combo off of one, but the balls were laying right. ---Smitty

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Skin said:

Skin

Skin,

The shot you show is the first thing I thought of but I ruled it out because I couldn't see how to get the rock uptable. I guess if you make the ball you don't need to play safe. You aren't the player that shot this are you?

Here's what I would probably do. Bide my time and wait for an opening.

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@1JbEL4KYAL4PVoC3QcQv1ebEL1eblS4fYAL4fYpD4kVoC4kXKc4kWMU@[/CUETABLE]

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Cowboy Dennis said:
Skin said:

Skin

Skin,

The shot you show is the first thing I thought of but I ruled it out because I couldn't see how to get the rock uptable. I guess if you make the ball you don't need to play safe. You aren't the player that shot this are you?

Here's what I would probably do. Bide my time and wait for an opening.

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@1JbEL4KYAL4PVoC3QcQv1ebEL1eblS4fYAL4fYpD4kVoC4kXKc4kWMU@[/CUETABLE]
must be osmosis .my thoughts exactly when viewing the diagram. by the post it was obvious he kiss banked the 11 and made the 10 off the point. thats out of WOP or SMS kind of stuff. since my feet are planted on the ground and i cant walk on water i would have done something along the lines of what dennis illustrated.

Skin

Verified Member
Dennis and Larry, that shot was made by a crazy roadie who was passing through against one of the other locals, not me. Personally, I would have shot the dinker, but this guy would shoot at - and almost always make - everything. He cleaned out 2 rooms playing 9b. I didn't see much of him, but clearly he was in the "Ultra Power One Pocket" camp.

However, it was a great shot. It laid perfectly for him. If he had hit it harder he would have made both balls in one stroke.

Skin

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Skin said:
Dennis and Larry, that shot was made by a crazy roadie who was passing through against one of the other locals, not me. Personally, I would have shot the dinker, but this guy would shoot at - and almost always make - everything. He cleaned out 2 rooms playing 9b. I didn't see much of him, but clearly he was in the "Ultra Power One Pocket" camp.

However, it was a great shot. It laid perfectly for him. If he had hit it harder he would have made both balls in one stroke.

Skin

Skin,

I have to say, that the guy who chose that shot, was under zero pressure, and was just toying with his opponent.

If he attempted that shot, against ANY solid 1P player, for big $$$, he would have to be insane. Its beyond a TV shot.

I defy anyone to tell me where the 10 ball is coming off the point on that shot. He could even make the other guy's game ball, or leave him a hanger. There are probably 20 different shots I would have chosen, over that one..:cool:

Last edited:

Skin

Verified Member
SJDinPHX said:
Skin,

I have to say, that the guy who chose that shot, was under zero pressure, and was just toying with his opponent.

If he attempted that shot, against ANY solid 1P player, for big $$$, he would have to be insane. Its beyond a TV shot.

I defy anyone to tell me where the 10 ball is coming off the point on that shot. He could even make the other guy's game ball, or leave him a hanger. There are probably 20 different shots I would have chosen, over that one..:cool:

Dick, during the short time I watched him, he was stoked to the gills on something and virtually ran around the table from one shot to the next. No way to tell what was going through his head. :rolleyes: His two partners weren't much calmer, either.

Skin

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Skin said:
Dick, during the short time I watched him, he was stoked to the gills on something and virtually ran around the table from one shot to the next. No way to tell what was going through his head. :rolleyes: His two partners weren't much calmer, either.

Skin

This young man was "Wired and Inspired" and going good. I'm somewhat of a gofer, but I wouldn't shoot that shot.
Rod.<---prefers to be Sedated and Elated.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
SJDinPHX said:
Skin,

dick you must have had a senior moment (your forgiven and entitled to it:rolleyes: ) you forgot the " i would not get out of the electric chair for that shot"

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
lll said:
dick you must have had a senior moment (your forgiven and entitled to it:rolleyes: ) you forgot the " i would not get out of the electric chair for that shot"
I would shoot the 11 ball into the ten ball and but both balls on my side ove the table and draw the cueball to the bottom rail by pocket B. And I hope he has fun on his next shot.