Diamond

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
I am breaking down and buying a new table. Although I like the look of the Championship Gold Crown, I can get a Diamond for about half the price including light, chairs, accessories. What do I need to know when ordering? Can I get Pocket size of my choice or do I have to shim?

rich htx

Verified Member
From
Houston TX
You can get an original or gc2 for Les than 2k
Unless you just REALLY want a new table

I don't know many people shoveling out 15k for NEW goldcrowns

I got my gc2 installed for 2k, and I had to finally settle for 1000 to sell it!

Last edited:

Hardmix

Verified Member
From
Cumming Ga
You can order pocket size of your choice, they extend the rails. They will charge you something like $500 for this option but you may be able to get them to waive the charge. Note they will not reduce the size of the side Pockets, only the corners.

Make sure that you order a rack since it's not included. Crazy I know but that's Diamond for you. They also do not include a bridge holder on the table which I find strange as well.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I am interested in what you find out Bill. I will be getting me a Diamond also, but I am probably a year or 2 away or however long it takes to get in my next home.

That being said, I thought I was going to get a new one and I still may..but the money you can save on a used one seems hard to pass up.

Also, I thought there was a member on here (or maybe I saw him on AZB) - but I think he worked for diamond or sells their tables, so if you do go the new route, maybe you can get a good deal on one.

Good luck and post some pics of whatever you decide on!

poolisboring

Verified Member
From
toledo
i will volunteer my services to help break in any and all new pool tables--please supply address and i'll bring the beer......

rich htx

Verified Member
From
Houston TX
I am interested in what you find out Bill. I will be getting me a Diamond also, but I am probably a year or 2 away or however long it takes to get in my next home.

That being said, I thought I was going to get a new one and I still may..but the money you can save on a used one seems hard to pass up.

Also, I thought there was a member on here (or maybe I saw him on AZB) - but I think he worked for diamond or sells their tables, so if you do go the new route, maybe you can get a good deal on one.

Good luck and post some pics of whatever you decide on!

That would be Glen Hancock, aka the real king cobra
On azb and Facebook

He's built so far 7 9ft diamond Carom tables
First 3 sent to Houston
Price is about the same as a pool table

But I love the option of a 1 piece slate Carom table!
I'd buy one if I had the money

powerball

Verified Member
New Diamond

New Diamond

Make sure that you are getting a ball basket. I've seen a roomful of diamonds with nowhere to put the balls, as well as the granny.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Make sure that you are getting a ball basket. I've seen a roomful of diamonds with nowhere to put the balls, as well as the granny.

great suggestion
there is a new room near me that has new blue label pro ams
played onepocket and had to put the balls on the carpet under my pocket
tough on the back having to bend down so much
Edit
Table I played on had a ball return but no place to put the balls

Last edited:

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Bill, unless you're not opposed to burning money, buy a "tournament used" table from Diamond. They've only been used for one event, and they're usually about a grand cheaper. They would be Diamond Pro Am's. If you want a Diamond Pro (with drop pockets) you'll have to buy new.

I bought a "tournament used", and have been very happy with it.

~Doc

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
great suggestion
there is a new room near me that has new blue label pro ams
played onepocket and had to put the balls on the carpet under my pocket
tough on the back having to bend down so much
Edit
Table I played on had a ball return but no place to put the balls

Jimmy's north of Minneapolis has two dividers in the return box. After the balls fall in the middle you grab em and put them on your side of the divider

jlcomp45

Verified Member
From
Cape Girardeau MO
purchase direct

purchase direct

I have had my table for just over a month now - and if you can stand the 12 week wait (they'll tell you 10-12 - count on 12) you can't beat buying direct from Diamond. They're very responsive to emails & voicemails. I bought mine standard - just the way it's set up at Derby City and it was almost $2000 cheaper than if I had gone through one of the dealers I found.

One note - spend the $35 for the wire ball rack.

FastEddieF.

Verified Member
Bill if the table is over 10 years old make sure you get new rails. Diamond tables bank much shorter.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Bill, unless you're not opposed to burning money, buy a "tournament used" table from Diamond. They've only been used for one event, and they're usually about a grand cheaper. They would be Diamond Pro Am's. If you want a Diamond Pro (with drop pockets) you'll have to buy new.

I bought a "tournament used", and have been very happy with it.

~Doc

Do you think I will save money sending it to the best coast?

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl

bill
if the tournaments are close to where you live
ask a mechanic what he would charge you to bring it to you
i have someone in vero beach fl who does alot of that
pickng up tables and delivering them and setting them up
but since he is on the east coast i am sure he would not be economiclly feasible
i will pm you his name in case you want to call

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
You mean the Gulf Coast..:confused: Just yankin' yer chain.:)

You might call Paul at Diamond Billiards in Indiana, and tell him or someone else what you want, and ask them the best way to do it. They have integrity, and want to move tables-- both new AND used, so they'll make good suggestions. They'd probably ship them, but I don't know the particulars. Plus you'd have to have someone that knows what they're doing to set it up properly for you. Although if you have the skill, they probably send instructions.

Larry had some good suggestions too.

Good luck, bro.
~Doc