Jose Amang Parica and the Filipino Invasion!

AnitoKid

Verified Member
From
I'm all over the world!

A number of Filipino pool players are in the Derby City Classic right now. Among the notable figures is Jose Amang Parica who beat Niels Feijen. Amang Parica, who is also a great one pocket player, currently resides in the US. Was just wondering if anyone here has played with/against Amang.

And oh! Here's an interesting read I just found on Jose Amang Parica Jr., who initiated The Filipino Invasion. The article was written by my kabayan, Val. G. Abelgas. IT IS a great read! And I kid you not! Enjoy!

Much thanks for looking! Link is here, friends!

newfosgatesucks

Verified Member
Amang, a most wonderful memory

Amang, a most wonderful memory

Got to meet and speak with him when I was 14. We were the same size. I bought him a hamburger and he played one game(9ball) and he will never know how Bad I shoot, because I didnt get a shot. Of course, he is from the Phillipines, and probably feels a 14 year old is a threat. He was great to talk to, told me how he holds the cue and showed me how to aim ghost-ball style for a backwards inside spin cut shot and I still couldn't make it...
[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3DYdA4EKje4FNEk3HVKd3IUGg4PADX3XYdA3Xbbq3dUGg3dcpr3dbbq4kADX3kYci3kaqi3kTum3kNqt3kAtJ4kOIi4kVrw4kbaF3kRMc@[/CUETABLE]

Was just wondering if anyone here has played with/against Amang.

And oh! Here's an interesting read I just found on Jose Amang Parica Jr., who initiated The Filipino Invasion. The article was written by my kabayan, Val. G. Abelgas. IT IS a great read! And I kid you not! Enjoy!

Much thanks for looking! Link is here, friends!

.[/QUOTE]