Hand span specification

Eengat

Verified Member
Is there any condition, specific rule or just move Cueball maximum of one handspan before every shot?
What does martinez play here?
image.jpg

straightback

Verified Member
From
owensboro, ky
In my youth, we allowed girls who were stuck on the rail to move the cue ball one hand span. Haven't thought about that for decades. Don't think it will fly at the Derby...

Drop Pocket

Verified Member
From
South Carolina
?? Don't think I've ever heard of something like this, either tournament play or for money. The basic rules would apply, I think.

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
I used to play a few guys 9 ball giving up a hand span but in One Pocket the player has to be REALLY LAME to get that spot. There is nowhere on the table where you can hook the guy! Forget it! Find another handicap for that sucker.

Tom

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
I used to play a few guys 9 ball giving up a hand span but in One Pocket the player has to be REALLY LAME to get that spot. There is nowhere on the table where you can hook the guy! Forget it! Find another handicap for that sucker.

Tom

I gave up that spot a couple of times and never again. It's a huge spot against a fair player in one hole. Even in nine ball he has to be pretty lame not to win with that spot.
I would rather give up odds on the money per game, which is still not a good thing to do. But odds on the money is not so bad if done in a race or ahead match.

Eengat

Verified Member
Okay, a nogo
We'll try 3 hit n the pick with him then
So, in the given situation what does Martinez do?

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
He probably banked the 1 staight back toward his hole, while stunning the CB over to the opposite side rail. He might have even froze up behind the 15, or sucked it down into the 2-3 balls cluster.
[I'm presuming that Martinez' hole is by the CB]
Doc

Eengat

Verified Member
He hits that 14-ball next to the 7 with speed and stuns the cueball between 15 and 3 to short rail
But the beauty, dont know if it was intentional, made me look at setup twice again, is that that first ball through thick contact on the seven and secondary contact on ball above makes it all the way back to martinez pocket.
Wouldn't have guessed that

bigshot

I like the 12-15.
CB Inside center, off the bottom of the stack to the side rail.
12 goes up with running english, more than likely landing in your ballpark.
15 banks into the 2 and the 15 and 3 provide cover for the 2.

Just don't give up the 5 and you're out of the break. :)