Busty / shane

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
I think Shane would have been better off leaving the cueball in front of the upper corner pocket on busty's side and spot one. Am I wrong in that thinking? Would Busty cut the 4 in and risk a sell out?

I have no idea whats correct here, I'd probably mash the 10 & 1 and try to move some up table plus get lucky :)
As for myself, if I'm in the one hole I'd never take an intentional.
Rod.

bernie p

Verified Member
The 3-railer on the 4 ball was the first shot I saw. What bothers me about the shot is the cue ball's proximity to the rail. If it were, say, a ball or ball and a half off the rail then I might go for it. If it's closer to the rail, it's too easy to screw up; at least for me, and maybe even SVB.

~Doc

Doc,

I agree with you regarding the increased difficulty of the 3 railer given the proximity of the cue ball to the rail.

It's hard to tell from the view, but I made an assumption that the cue ball was approximately 1" or so off the end rail.

Based on that I set the shot up several times and had very good success at it. (I realize that shooting the same shot several times is not necessarily a good indicator of expected outcome.....as you only get one chance in a real life match).

Had the cue ball been frozen to the endrail, I would consider another option.

You will notice that Shane also tried to stun the cue ball (as Billy I. had suggested to me in his post) and not follow it. For me, trying to elevate my cue and hit whitey that hard without imparting even a tiny amount of masse would be extremely difficult. (Shane did in fact mis-hit it, and could have ended up in a much worse game losing situation).

The fact that one of best cueists in the world mis-hit the shot tells you how difficult the shot was. Given the amount of thinking time that Shane gave the shot (per Larry's comment) you know that he considered both the follow through and the stun options on the 3 railer........so Billy Incardone should get a bite of my cookie:lol

Bernie.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
bernie shane did try the 3 railer
he took a loooong time to decide what to shoot
he got down to cut the stripe
he got down to do some thing with the 10/1
he got down to shoot the 4 ball
multiple times but couldnt pull the trigger
he got up and studied and thought about it some more
finally he tried the 3 railer
but hit it bad. it hit the tittie of the corner and headed toward the diagonal corner from bustys corner......:eek:
i diagrammed it best i could and you can see how it ended up when busty came to the table
View attachment 10335

View attachment 10336
That's not a good shot giving your opponent a shot to run out. To see where Shane got in this position you have to go back 2 or 3 shots. And then you can see what he did. To get in this position. With two good players. Having a 7 to 2 lead in this position . Still gives the other player a chance to run out.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Doc,

I agree with you regarding the increased difficulty of the 3 railer given the proximity of the cue ball to the rail.

It's hard to tell from the view, but I made an assumption that the cue ball was approximately 1" or so off the end rail.

Based on that I set the shot up several times and had very good success at it. (I realize that shooting the same shot several times is not necessarily a good indicator of expected outcome.....as you only get one chance in a real life match).

Had the cue ball been frozen to the endrail, I would consider another option.

You will notice that Shane also tried to stun the cue ball (as Billy I. had suggested to me in his post) and not follow it. For me, trying to elevate my cue and hit whitey that hard without imparting even a tiny amount of masse would be extremely difficult. (Shane did in fact mis-hit it, and could have ended up in a much worse game losing situation).

The fact that one of best cueists in the world mis-hit the shot tells you how difficult the shot was. Given the amount of thinking time that Shane gave the shot (per Larry's comment) you know that he considered both the follow through and the stun options on the 3 railer........so Billy Incardone should get a bite of my cookie:lol

Bernie.
Originally Posted by gulfportdoc
The 3-railer on the 4 ball was the first shot I saw. What bothers me about the shot is the cue ball's proximity to the rail. If it were, say, a ball or ball and a half off the rail then I might go for it. If it's closer to the rail, it's too easy to screw up; at least for me, and maybe even SVB. ~Doc
To be honest I'm surprised that Shane hit the shot that badly. He must have been pretty close to the rail. It may have been more of a trick shot, which reduced the viability of the selection.;)

Ghost's shot has merit, especially given the score. I don't know if the lay would allow for moving the OB much while trying to get whitey to the 1st diamond above the side pocket.

Put a few crumbs of that cookie into a ziplock bag so that I'll have something to munch on the next time I see you.:) At least I HOPE I get to see you again one day! Don't ever offer Cardone a bite of a cookie. That big whale mouth will chomp the whole thing, plus part of your fingers!:eek:

~Doc

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
That's not a good shot giving your opponent a shot to run out. To see where Shane got in this position you have to go back 2 or 3 shots. And then you can see what he did. To get in this position. With two good players. Having a 7 to 2 lead in this position . Still gives the other player a chance to run out.

I remember 4 or 5 years ago. I was at the rum runner. And I haven't been around pool for years. And I went to see Gorge Michaels. And he introduced me to Billy Palmer and I think we went to eat. But I was out side and Shane was walking with a friend of his and I didn't no Shane and I barely new his friend. So I started talking to Shane. I said do you want to be the best one pocket player in the world. AND i SAID FOR 20 THOUSAND DOLLARS i WILL TEACH YOU TO BE THE BEST ONE POCKET PLAYER IN THE WORLD.And if you are not satisfied You do not have to pay me a penny. And I said you will be able to win millions of dollars knowing how to play the game. Because everybody will play one pocket with a spot. I don't no if he got insulted or what maybe he thought he new it all already. Only he can answer that questions. But her said I don.t play one pocket. I play nine ball. So that.s how e I left it of. What he turned down he will never no or learn. And I am the only one that could have taught him what would have made him the best ever in life. And to be honest. He would have been the greatest player of all time. And that's a lot to give up. But whatever the reason he will never no. And he is a great player already. But being great does not make you the best. It just makes you great. To be the greatest you have to have something extra that nobody else has or knows.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
I remember 4 or 5 years ago. I was at the rum runner. And I haven't been around pool for years. And I went to see Gorge Michaels. And he introduced me to Billy Palmer and I think we went to eat. But I was out side and Shane was walking with a friend of his and I didn't no Shane and I barely new his friend. So I started talking to Shane. I said do you want to be the best one pocket player in the world. AND i SAID FOR 20 THOUSAND DOLLARS i WILL TEACH YOU TO BE THE BEST ONE POCKET PLAYER IN THE WORLD.And if you are not satisfied You do not have to pay me a penny. And I said you will be able to win millions of dollars knowing how to play the game. Because everybody will play one pocket with a spot. I don't no if he got insulted or what maybe he thought he new it all already. Only he can answer that questions. But her said I don.t play one pocket. I play nine ball. So that.s how e I left it of. What he turned down he will never no or learn. And I am the only one that could have taught him what would have made him the best ever in life. And to be honest. He would have been the greatest player of all time. And that's a lot to give up. But whatever the reason he will never no. And he is a great player already. But being great does not make you the best. It just makes you great. To be the greatest you have to have something extra that nobody else has or knows.

But as you know Artie, most all pool players when approached in this manner will think its a scam or something else (what's in it for me).

FastEddieF.

Verified Member
He has something special the greatest break in 9ball and 10ball and also a pure rhythm in playing.He will crush anybody living in a race to 100 in 9ball or 10ball winner breaks. Just my opinion ask Dr.Bill what he thinks.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans

I remember about 4 years ago I played Shane 10/7 in his home room. I was playing really well and had him stuck most of the night before he won the last three games before they closed the room. I've played him twice since then, and his game has gotten much better. He should be on this site studying with the rest of us. Give Shane about 10 more years and he'll come around to see 1p as the greatest game there is

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
I remember about 4 years ago I played Shane 10/7 in his home room. I was playing really well and had him stuck most of the night before he won the last three games before they closed the room. I've played him twice since then, and his game has gotten much better. He should be on this site studying with the rest of us. Give Shane about 10 more years and he'll come around to see 1p as the greatest game there is
What he doesn't realizeis the big spots he can give up. And he can more Than winning half the nine ball tournaments. money. He can give out big spots and when. But he can give out way bigger spots than any other player. Because of his shooting ability. But he wont give those spots out. Because he doesnt no if he can win or not.

And I no the one pocket people especialy the players. No you can win more money playing one pocket than playing nine ball. And nine ball players don't match up with each other like one pocket players. A player like Rosie or Dippy Dave. And many players like that.

They will play one pocket but they wont play nine ball. All the none players Like All Sherman. And the players who were a little behind the champions. Like Paul Bruce Loff Freddie Salome. Especially older people rich with money. They will gamble at one pocket. But not in nine ball.

Shane is at his peek wright no. We will see if he holds on to that position.Or he might look for some new excitement. Once people get to the top . There is a let down. Because they reached there goal. And don't have anything else to prove. The love for the game could keep him in pool for the rest of his life. You never no what a person will do.

People can change over night. They might run into something the like or enjoy more. Everybody. Will change if they run into something better. Or something they like more. And it does not have to be money.

If you don't believe me what I said about Shane I said years ago. Let Scott or Efren give Shane 9 to 8 and let me couch him. And he can play them for whatever they want to bet. I seen then that Shane had the ability and talent.And he is showing that and proving that to all the players. And all I herd that Shane cant play one pocket.

But players like Shane Corry Duel they don't play one pocket like the rest of the players. They are creative and have there own imagination. And they are very good.Some times they get carried away. But over all what they are doing they are learning. Ans both players are very dedicated. And shoot good and play good position.

What I would teach them they will never learn. Because there mind thinks different. If you had the top 10 one pocket players on this site. They would all give different shots to shot. Bugs Ronnie Taylor Efren Jersey Red Corn Bread red. They all have different abilities. And they think different. Just like Scott Efren Cliff Gab Shannon.

They all have a different style. The player who plays more of a solid style of a game . Plays more like the old time players. Like Bugs Ronnie and Taylor. And Cliff will lock up the game.

If you ask all these players. how are you going to play the game. To win. What answer do you think you will get from each player. Most of them will say. They will look for a shot and run and out. Because they rely don't no what they are looking to do in the game.

Efren is the most talented. And has a edge because he shots great with either had. And he plays position playing one pocket. That the other players don't play. I could tell you how he plays position that other players don't play. One last Comment for the people who want to learn.

Efren Has the best brake playing one pocket. And he brakes the balls the same way all the time. He makes a good brake. He is very good and consistent. The cue ball and the balls almost brake the same way all the time.

If Shane was reading this post. He would copy Efren brake. I no a lot of people will look at Efren brake. And Brake the same way. Its Easy And simple and each brake is the same way. When a player is a winning player. You need to see what he does to win.

You can do the same thing. And your game will improve. Let me no tomorrow what you think about his brake. I give him the number one brake. Its the same every time.And the cue balls and the object balls. I am giving you good solid advice. Efren has no weaknesses. He does everything great. Position Controlling the cue ball makes all his shots. Excels under pressure. And does the impossible.

He does something silly. For no reason. Than he smiles and scratches his head.Like he does't understand what he did. That's it for tonight. Good Night Have some good pool dreams.

FastEddieF.

Verified Member
What he doesn't realizeis the big spots he can give up. And he can more Than winning half the nine ball tournaments. money. He can give out big spots and when. But he can give out way bigger spots than any other player. Because of his shooting ability. But he wont give those spots out. Because he doesnt no if he can win or not.

And I no the one pocket people especialy the players. No you can win more money playing one pocket than playing nine ball. And nine ball players don't match up with each other like one pocket players. A player like Rosie or Dippy Dave. And many players like that.

They will play one pocket but they wont play nine ball. All the none players Like All Sherman. And the players who were a little behind the champions. Like Paul Bruce Loff Freddie Salome. Especially older people rich with money. They will gamble at one pocket. But not in nine ball. I agree with you about Efren

Shane is at his peek wright no. We will see if he holds on to that position.Or he might look for some new excitement. Once people get to the top . There is a let down. Because they reached there goal. And don't have anything else to prove. The love for the game could keep him in pool for the rest of his life. You never no what a person will do.

People can change over night. They might run into something the like or enjoy more. Everybody. Will change if they run into something better. Or something they like more. And it does not have to be money.

If you don't believe me what I said about Shane I said years ago. Let Scott or Efren give Shane 9 to 8 and let me couch him. And he can play them for whatever they want to bet. I seen then that Shane had the ability and talent.And he is showing that and proving that to all the players. And all I herd that Shane cant play one pocket.

But players like Shane Corry Duel they don't play one pocket like the rest of the players. They are creative and have there own imagination. And they are very good.Some times they get carried away. But over all what they are doing they are learning. Ans both players are very dedicated. And shoot good and play good position.

What I would teach them they will never learn. Because there mind thinks different. If you had the top 10 one pocket players on this site. They would all give different shots to shot. Bugs Ronnie Taylor Efren Jersey Red Corn Bread red. They all have different abilities. And they think different. Just like Scott Efren Cliff Gab Shannon.

They all have a different style. The player who plays more of a solid style of a game . Plays more like the old time players. Like Bugs Ronnie and Taylor. And Cliff will lock up the game.

If you ask all these players. how are you going to play the game. To win. What answer do you think you will get from each player. Most of them will say. They will look for a shot and run and out. Because they rely don't no what they are looking to do in the game.

Efren is the most talented. And has a edge because he shots great with either had. And he plays position playing one pocket. That the other players don't play. I could tell you how he plays position that other players don't play. One last Comment for the people who want to learn.

Efren Has the best brake playing one pocket. And he brakes the balls the same way all the time. He makes a good brake. He is very good and consistent. The cue ball and the balls almost brake the same way all the time.

If Shane was reading this post. He would copy Efren brake. I no a lot of people will look at Efren brake. And Brake the same way. Its Easy And simple and each brake is the same way. When a player is a winning player. You need to see what he does to win.

You can do the same thing. And your game will improve. Let me no tomorrow what you think about his brake. I give him the number one brake. Its the same every time.And the cue balls and the object balls. I am giving you good solid advice. Efren has no weaknesses. He does everything great. Position Controlling the cue ball makes all his shots. Excels under pressure. And does the impossible.

He does something silly. For no reason. Than he smiles and scratches his head.Like he does't understand what he did. That's it for tonight. Good Night Have some good pool dreams.
I agree with you about Efren but age catches up with everybody, as you know. Efren I think is 60 now. He is still great but he is going down hill. I still think he is the best one pocket player of all time including Ronnie Allen,Eddie Kelly, Jersey Reds,and Allen Hopkins. I never saw you play but I heard You got the money ,I heard you played Monk for 3 days and he said he gave you up for good. Monk played jam up to.