Accu stats make it happen one pocket invitational

Wayne

Verified Member
Some guys know that it's better to go out "on top."

Bobby Orr, Barry, Sanders, Jim Brown, Sandy Koufax, Bo Jackson, Michael Jordan.

Lou Figueroa

I know you are never one to let facts get in the way but in your favor you may have got half the guys right which is a big improvement for you.

Michael Jordan went out with the lowly Washington Wizards who failed to make the playoffs and had a losing record.

Bo Jackson had to have hip replacement surgery and was forced to retire because of it.

Bobby Orr was almost unable to walk after 12 knee surgeries but he tried to keep playing. His final 3 years he wasn't even a shadow of his old self and barely got to play. No one would body check him because he was so fragile.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Was this made known? And why wouldn't Reyes, Frost, Dalton, and SVB be the default players?!

Lou Figueroa
amongst a couple
of others
It's always been an understanding that Accu-Stats picks two of the field of six. That rule was made for Accu-Stats to choose whatever players they feel should be in the tournament out of the players that weren't selected. There is no criteria that says we have to pick any certain way, and with that understanding we can choose who we feel are the players suited best for the growth of the game.

There's absolutely no question in my mind that both Smith and Hall are the two most intriguing players in the world right now. We all know how well the top four players in the world play, imo they are Frost, Pagulayan, VanBoening, and Reyes. However, we really don't have a good enough read on Hall and Smith. There's a lot of people that feel Hall is the best player, or close to it, in the world, true. Then Smith has beaten every one he's played, and handily as well. We all know who they were, or we shouldn't be reading this. Yes the interest is clearly there, and imo this tournament with all the story lines has the potential to be the best one pocket tournament ever.

I hope that answered any questions any one would have on Accu-Stats principles in selecting players.

Bill Incardona

Last edited:

keoneyo

Verified Member
I don't know how you can't put Busty in this he's finished in the top of the last few majors

I agree with you in theory but I myself would not like to see Efren in the finals with Busty. They travel together and are road partners. Ive seen it before and it was lets get it over with quick so we can hit the Karaoke bar and eat some Lumpia. Maybe Im wrong but its the way I see it.
Its not the World One Pocket Championship but a home grown Make It Happen affair and for my taste I would like to see a variety of skilled players from different regions.
On a side note. Busty is a great gentleman as well as one of the best players. I always enjoy his performance.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
For those who would like to help "Make it Happen"

For those who would like to help "Make it Happen"

Here is the link to buy in online. This link takes you to the page where you can elect to purchase, or just go there to learn more information. Pat Fleming also invites you to call or email him directly and his contact information is on this page. For those who would like to make a direct suggestion as to the commentator choices as a contingent of purchase, it looks like that would be possible too. In any case, it is a great event to support!!!!

http://www.1vshop.com/Accu-Stats/st...AME=Make+It+Happen+-+One-Pocket+Invitational*

lfigueroa

Verified Member
To my knowledge the only players that have been invited are Danny Smith, and Justin Hall. The tournament is months away and the people that pay the $300 for the package have the privilege to cast their vote for the remaining four players. It would not be fair to the people that have yet to purchase the package to close off the voting for the final four players. Pat Fleming is the only one that can close the voting, and we are a ways from that happening.

Both Danny and Justin were invited two days ago.

Dr. Bill

My point was that, perhaps, it should be more widely known who has already been picked. I agree DS and JH are intriguing picks but I suspect they would have been fan selections if Reyes and Frost were the default players. In any case I don't quite understand how those two guys don't get the automatic pass. Maybe they are unavailable?

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

Verified Member
:)
lou
here is your answer from accu stats

Accu-Stats’ 2015 “Make It Happen”
One-Pocket Invitational is Scheduled
Six superstars will compete in the 2015 “Make It Happen” One-Pocket Invitational
scheduled for June 25-28, 2015. Who will they be?
Only the best are invited to “Make It Happen” events. Accu-Stats will select two of
the contestants while the other four will be voted in by supporters who purchase a
“Make It Happen” package.

does that make it clear who will ultimately play??:D
c'mon lou
spring for the $300...:D
you can afford it....:)

Larry, if DS and JH are already in, shouldn't that be disclosed in the above?

As to buying it, I think I have bought two, maybe three streams ever: GO v TC, Earl vs Efren on the 10' at Steinway, and maybe another. I have half a dozen unwatched DVDs sitting on my bookcase that I got months ago. Sitting in front of a computer watching pool is not something I usually do.

Lou Figueroa

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Larry, if DS and JH are already in, shouldn't that be disclosed in the above?

As to buying it, I think I have bought two, maybe three streams ever: GO v TC, Earl vs Efren on the 10' at Steinway, and maybe another. I have half a dozen unwatched DVDs sitting on my bookcase that I got months ago. Sitting in front of a computer watching pool is not something I usually do.

Lou Figueroa

i understand lou...:)
as for the bolded part above i said accustats will pick 2
they did....:D

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
My point was that, perhaps, it should be more widely known who has already been picked. I agree DS and JH are intriguing picks but I suspect they would have been fan selections if Reyes and Frost were the default players. In any case I don't quite understand how those two guys don't get the automatic pass. Maybe they are unavailable?

Lou Figueroa

There are no automatic passes, the players chosen will be voted on by the supporters that have paid $300 for the package, most likely four of the top six players will get chosen, however, there's no guarantee that's what will happen.

There are six players that seem to attract the most voters.

Pagulayan (Current Derby City champion and arguably the best)
Reyes ( Best ever..most popular)
Appleton ( Arguably worlds strongest all around player)
VanBoening ( U.S. Open champion..winner last "Make It Happen" 1 pkt)
Frost (2010 THRU 2012 voted best in the world)
Orcollo (Twice U.S. Open champion)

Then there are a number of other players that also get strong consideration.
Bustamante
Daulton
Deuel
J.Jones
Gentile
Roberts
Compton
Richeson

As you can see choosing four players is not an easy task and giving automatics would be equally as difficult. We trust our fans/supporters to make the decision on what four players will compete along with Accu-Stats two selections. The top six players are all worthy of the opportunity to compete in terms of skill and accomplishments, and regardless of what four are chosen by the supporters (imo) it will be appropriate.

Danny Smith and Justin Hall will be the "spice" added to the recipe for the greatest tournament we may ever witness. Lets make this event as special as the players that are playing in it by supporting Accu-Stats. Tell your friends and join us June 25-28, 2015. Where else can you watch the best players in the world playing against one another in every match that will be streamed. Every match could be a finals. And yes there will be a finals match for this event.

Hope to see you all there or watching it ..live.

Bill Incardona

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
There are no automatic passes, the players chosen will be voted on by the supporters that have paid $300 for the package, most likely four of the top six players will get chosen, however, there's no guarantee that's what will happen.

Bustamante
Daulton
Deuel
J.Jones
Gentile
Roberts
Compton
Richeson

As you can see choosing four players is not an easy task and giving automatics would be equally as difficult. We trust our fans/supporters to make the decision on what four players will compete along with Accu-Stats two selections. The top six players are all worthy of the opportunity to compete in terms of skill and accomplishments, and regardless of what four are chosen by the supporters (imo) it will be appropriate.

Danny Smith and Justin Hall will be the "spice" added to the recipe for the greatest tournament we may ever witness. Lets make this event as special as the players that are playing in it by supporting Accu-Stats. Tell your friends and join us June 25-28, 2015. Where else can you watch the best players in the world playing against one another in every match that will be streamed. Every match could be a finals. And yes there will be a finals match for this event.

Bill Incardona

Dr. Bill
your way with words and manner of presentation is second to none
agree with all the above
tap..tap...:)
larry

lfigueroa

Verified Member

Bustamante
Daulton
Deuel
J.Jones
Gentile
Roberts
Compton
Richeson

Bill Incardona

By automatic passes I was referring to DS and JH, who have been selected and therefore have an automatic pass into the event.

Lou Figueroa

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
By automatic passes I was referring to DS and JH, who have been selected and therefore have an automatic pass into the event.

Lou Figueroa

My mistake, I thought you meant that Reyes and Frost are more entitled to the automatic pass instead of the two that were chosen.

The tournament is scheduled for June, late June, 25th thru the 28th. It's a little early for us to try and figure out who will be playing in it, but barring any un-foreseen things happening both Danny Smith and Justin Hall will be two for sure. We can make a case for any of the top six players being chosen, so whoever the supporters choose will be a good choice. Hopefully all the top six will be available to play if called upon, of course only four will be voted in.

Dr. Bill

Cory in dc

Verified Member
My mistake, I thought you meant that Reyes and Frost are more entitled to the automatic pass instead of the two that were chosen.

The tournament is scheduled for June, late June, 25th thru the 28th. It's a little early for us to try and figure out who will be playing in it, but barring any un-foreseen things happening both Danny Smith and Justin Hall will be two for sure. We can make a case for any of the top six players being chosen, so whoever the supporters choose will be a good choice. Hopefully all the top six will be available to play if called upon, of course only four will be voted in.

Dr. Bill

I'm not so sure large scale voting would pick Smith and Hall. There's some chance that many voters would focus on the big, long-standing names. The Accustats picks seem like a great way to make sure 2 young guns get in so there is some fresh blood and never before seen matchups. Smart, actually.

The fans will surely vote in Alex, Frost, and Efren. The remaining spots seems up for grabs.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
I'm not so sure large scale voting would pick Smith and Hall. There's some chance that many voters would focus on the big, long-standing names. The Accustats picks seem like a great way to make sure 2 young guns get in so there is some fresh blood and never before seen matchups. Smart, actually.

The fans will surely vote in Alex, Frost, and Efren. The remaining spots seems up for grabs.

i think Danny and justin were GREAT choices
they represent NEW SCHOOL
let me shoot at my hole first (since there isnt a shot on the table i dont think i cant make...:D):)
play safety second or play safety too the old 2 way shot
will be great to see how they fare among the "SEASONED VETERANS"..;)
IM really looking forward to the match ups .....
larry

kaye

Imho, i like the mix & commentary of billy& danny d. .
They're both knowledgeable, very experienced & depending on who you're speaking with, all around good folks.
Just MY 2cents.....kaye.h

Wayne

Verified Member

Bustamante
Daulton
Deuel
J.Jones
Gentile
Roberts
Compton
Richeson

Bill Incardona

If Tony Chohan is back playing and gets a notable win or two under his belt, I would suspect there would be some interest in seeing him play again against the top dogs.

keoneyo

Verified Member
If Tony Chohan is back playing and gets a notable win or two under his belt, I would suspect there would be some interest in seeing him play again against the top dogs.

It would sure sell some tickets.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
See, a veteran always is concerned about the gate....:D

~Doc

What spurs my interest is watching younger players with talent compete against the best and do well. It doesn't just have to be young players, I also love watching older players that supposedly are on their way out, playing against the best players and "kicking but." It's this kind of action that makes people feel good, we all love watching a legend in the making, or a legend sustaining at an older age. Tony Chohan falls under a little different category, with Tony we're looking at a player that had great potential that abruptly came to an end for doing something stupid in life. Tony's a very likeable man with a lot of talent and many people..including myself would like to see him regain his playing ability and get back in the mix playing upper echelon pool. Of course Tony playing in "high profile" tournaments, or matches, is going to be of interest to many people because it's a great story line, plus he's a good guy. Lets face it, we just like to root for the underdog.

Story lines are the adrenalin that is largely responsible for the popularity in all sports, without great story lines sports would be much less appealing. We wouldn't have Andrew Luck thrilling football fans, or an older George Forman winning the championship at the age of 45. What about all the "Cinderella" teams making their run during the March Maddness NCAA college basketball tournament.:cool: What about Cinderella?? :heh

Of course great players are fun to watch as well, they entertain, they impress, they put us in awe. "Make It Happen" June 25th thru the 28th.

Dr. Bill