Golf Anyone?

chicagomike

Verified Member
I thought since there seems to be some interest in playing golf on the 6x12 snooker table during our member tournament, maybe we could hash some things out now. Just so those who are interested in playing have an idea of how to play, rules, penalties, shooting order, etc. I'm not sure how many versions there are or how many members play regularly, but I would defer to John Henderson to take the lead because it seems he has been playing for many years and is probably familiar with any situation that may arise.

darmoose

Verified Member
From
Baltimore, MD
I thought since there seems to be some interest in playing golf on the 6x12 snooker table during our member tournament, maybe we could hash some things out now. Just so those who are interested in playing have an idea of how to play, rules, penalties, shooting order, etc. I'm not sure how many versions there are or how many members play regularly, but I would defer to John Henderson to take the lead because it seems he has been playing for many years and is probably familiar with any situation that may arise.

I agree, let's hear it John.:)

chicagomike

Verified Member
I can bring a small dry erase board and marker like Darmoose suggested in the Ready for War thread.

darmoose

Verified Member
From
Baltimore, MD
I can bring a small dry erase board and marker like Darmoose suggested in the Ready for War thread.

Thanks for offering to handle that Mike. Remember, with multiple players (6) we have to have room to list everyone across the top, keep track of what holes have been completed by each player, and how many hickeys each player has accumulated (so three boxes per player). Might take something like 24x18 at least.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
HEY THIS IS A ONE POCKET FORUM. WTF? You guys go over to Az Billyards and quit polluting this fine forum with your silly golf. :lol:lol

chicagomike

Verified Member
Order a big bag and put a board in your luggage. Besides not having internet, they don't have a scoreboard for golf? Are drinks and food available?:sorry

I'll handle the scoreboard...I'd rather he leave room for the social security checks. As far as food goes...come hungry. You'll get fed.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Of course there is a chalk board :rolleyes: it's on the wall behind the head of the table...and there's also 4 stadium chairs around the table = one chair for John, and three chairs for his three fish...:eek:...:D...:heh

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
I'll handle the scoreboard...I'd rather he leave room for the social security checks. As far as food goes...come hungry. You'll get fed.

I am nearly always hungry but keep me away from the golf table, pokers in the eye boys, pokers in the eyes.
I played once, straight up with some atomic scientist turned pool room henchman.
I lost $200 plus hickeys which weren't many because the games were so fast.
He got 9-7 in one pocket. Friggin golf is so psychos.
My favorite food? Free

chicagomike

Verified Member
I am nearly always hungry but keep me away from the golf table, pokers in the eye boys, pokers in the eyes.
I played once, straight up with some atomic scientist turned pool room henchman.
I lost $200 plus hickeys which weren't many because the games were so fast.
He got 9-7 in one pocket. Friggin golf is so psychos.
My favorite food? Free

Ouch! I'll try a game or two of golf, but I imagine it will be brutal.