caroms?

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
Okay it seems that I am leaving a carom shot all the time and don't seem to see it prior to my shot. I searched the threads to try and find a practice/aiming point to shoot these shots but alas no luck. Chicago Mike told me to play 9 ball shooting the balls into the cue as a practice and I have tried this but my percentage is really low.
Is there a specific way to aim to make caroms? Does the rolling ball off a carom alway leave the ball at 90 degrees?
Confused and trying to learn in Mississippi...:confused:

Thanks

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Willie Hoppe

Willie Hoppe

wgcp said:
Okay it seems that I am leaving a carom shot all the time and don't seem to see it prior to my shot. I searched the threads to try and find a practice/aiming point to shoot these shots but alas no luck. Chicago Mike told me to play 9 ball shooting the balls into the cue as a practice and I have tried this but my percentage is really low.
Is there a specific way to aim to make caroms? Does the rolling ball off a carom alway leave the ball at 90 degrees?
Confused and trying to learn in Mississippi...:confused:

Thanks

...Is there a specific way to aim to make caroms? YES there is. Does the rolling ball off a carom alway leave the ball at 90 degrees? No it doesnt.
Get Willie Hoppe's book off ebay, or a used book service. It describes every carom situation to a "T."

the Beard

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
thanks

thanks

thanks freddie,
I got a returned letter I sent you the other day from when I was in the desert... I will get it to you at derby...

Bille:D

Deeman

Verified Member
Bille - roll on

Bille - roll on

If the cue ball is skiding with no forward or reverse rotation, it takes a 90 degree path from the contacted object ball. In fact, it always departs at 90 degrees until the forward or reverse roll makes it bend forward or back.

DeeMan