CaliRed's 2011 DCC Experience - All 9 days will be in here

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
Hi guys! First, let me say I will be putting most of my stuff in my blog at www.oldpoolhall.com/dcc I don't want to type twice, but I will put other stuff in here specific to info I think you guys would be interested in.

So, every trip starts with this...

I stripped down for security to gawk at me. After snickering to each other and hearing low whispers followed by laughing and looks at me, they said I was fine to go thru.

So waiting now for flight to Minneapolis, leaving at 2:55. I hang out there for about 3 and half hours and then get into Louisville at 9:55.

See you all later!:D

1/22 - What a nightmare! I almost didnt have a place to stay. The Horsehoe told me I didn't need any money for my room reservation until I left. When I got there, they told me we need a card for 700.00 for your stay. I said, what are you nuts? I don't have any credit cards with more than 20.00 on them. I was planning on paying with my paycheck on this Friday. They said tough titty, you're in luck, you put down a deposit for the 1st night so you get to stay from midnight to 11:00 am.

Just spoke to the Manager and she worked it out for me. My life is a nightmare. If anything is ever going to go wrong, it happens to me:( I must have called them 10 times verifying everything over the past few months. Just for added stress, after she says she'll fix me up, she looks at my rates and says it's 99.00 for each day. I had better rates before, as recently as Thursday. It never ends!!!

Today I spent most of the morning and early afternoon walking around and getting a feel for the place again. Greg Sullivan hooked me up with a pass to get around, so I appreciate that very much. I bumped into the Ghost and he said I missed him, Artie, Doc, John and a few others watching a Cliff Joyner match last night.

The Beard has a match at 4:00 so I'm going to go check that out. I met Jay Helfert and Diana Hoppe.

Mike Howerton of AZB was kind enough to put up a story on AZB's home page, of what I am trying to accomplish.

You can also check out their Derby page at www.azbilliards.com/derby2011

Here's a few pics of the tournament room from above. Very nice view up there. You can see the Accustats TV table over there on the right.

Charlie Williams is playing SVB in the banks division
accustatsarena.jpg

tournamentroom.jpg

tournamentroom1.jpg

Last edited: