$3,000 Post

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Found this on the AZ site.

On Tuesday, March 18th at 4pm I will be at Sandcastle Billiards in Edison New Jersey ready to play Lou Figueroa a race to 9 for $10,000.

The show-up money is posted. $3000 each. Another $500 per game on the side. I have taken all the action people will give me and want more.

From now until then I will document my one pocket journey from banger to slightly better banger.

I predict Lou will not play this match. I think he will forfeit the $3000 and not even show up. Why? Because by the time the match comes around I will be a one pocket monster. Not just a little better than I am now but a lot better.

Lou, you have no chance. If we played today it would be about even. Come March you will be relegated to baseball stories because your pool life will forever be changed

tylerdurden

Verified Member
I can't remember the last time a winner in pool said to his opponent "you have no chance".

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
I can't remember the last time a winner in pool said to his opponent "you have no chance".

The guy who I first played one pocket with in the 50"s (Dado the Filipino) used to tell me "You don't have a Chinaman's chance".

Dado went back to Alabama when I was 17 and when he came back I was 19 and he could not beat me anymore. He lost $50 and put me on a guy who was with him who busted me. It was San Francisco Phil.

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California

On Tuesday, March 18th at 4pm I will be at Sandcastle Billiards in Edison New Jersey ready to play Lou Figueroa a race to 9 for $10,000.

The show-up money is posted. $3000 each. Another $500 per game on the side. I have taken all the action people will give me and want more.

From now until then I will document my one pocket journey from banger to slightly better banger.

I predict Lou will not play this match. I think he will forfeit the $3000 and not even show up. Why? Because by the time the match comes around I will be a one pocket monster. Not just a little better than I am now but a lot better.

Lou, you have no chance. If we played today it would be about even. Come March you will be relegated to baseball stories because your pool life will forever be changed
Bill, at first when I read this I thought that you were the one that was going to play Lou and I was ready to call you and ask for a piece of it. But then I realized that it's the cue case guy that is going to play.

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
The guy who I first played one pocket with in the 50"s (Dado the Filipino) used to tell me "You don't have a Chinaman's chance".

Dado went back to Alabama when I was 17 and when he came back I was 19 and he could not beat me anymore. He lost $50 and put me on a guy who was with him who busted me. It was San Francisco Phil.

Howdy John. It seems that every time I saw Dado he had a new wife or a new kid and I mean well into his seventies or eighties or at least it seemed that way.
Oh, by the way John get rid of that silly hat.

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
Howdy John. It seems that every time I saw Dado he had a new wife or a new kid and I mean well into his seventies or eighties or at least it seemed that way.

P.S. I showed my wife your avatar and she said you look like a cross between Hoss Cartwright and Smoky the bear.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA

Not my hat, Greg would not sell it to me. Now I know how much everyone likes it, I guess I will have to get one.:lol

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
John, don't let these hornyaks diss your hat like that, although it does make you look like a cigar salesman. I'm afraid though that if you wore that hat into any poolroom, you'd never get any action.:D

Doc

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
John Barton said:

I fixed it for you so there will be no misunderstandings.

JB also made a very valid point in that thread:

John Barton said:
People who don't gamble should stay out of conversations about gambling on pool.

Love him, hate him, or don't care at all, you've got to admit he's right as rain about this.

Dennis

lfigueroa

Verified Member

FWIW, I have plane, hotel, and car reservations. So I will be there and ready to play.

Lou Figueroa

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
John, don't let these hornyaks diss your hat like that, although it does make you look like a cigar salesman. I'm afraid though that if you wore that hat into any poolroom, you'd never get any action.:D

Doc

He looks more like a guy on an off ramp on I 40 west of Albuquerque....selling cigars and blankets, while sitting in a tent.:D

Fatboy

Verified Member
From
Vegas & LA
i like the hat,

and yeah people who dont bet should'nt talk about action......see everyone on a few more months

Fatboy<-----------missing in action(not pool action)