Scott Frost Out At the "Freezer"

baby huey

Verified Member
I heard a rumor that Scott Frost is no longer part of the Freezer operation? Anyone know anything about this rumor. Hope it's just a rumor.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
I think it's more than a rumor.

Not many pro players in my life, walked from the game in their prime, started working full time in a pool room, and made it in a pool room. I have no clue as to Scott's talents beyond the game. I wish em the best.

He definitively has enough talent, to be good at anything he puts his mind to. I went out there for two years, full time. Eventually, I found work I enjoyed and was good at, and integrated playing into my married life. I had a wife and two kids....that alone will change many a person.

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
Damn. I hope this doesn't mean that Scott lent his name and efforts to building the Ice House without contractually protecting his future interest.

Silver lining for us -- if true -- is that we see him back in competition.

There's more to this but I'm not the one to talk about it.

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
I messaged someone close to the room that could answer on here if he wishes, but I heard that the ownership remains the same, just a change in management.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
I walked into Freezers for two minutes last week. Two hacks were playing on the only tight table in the joint. Main Street has three new top, tight tables. Kolbys is Kolbys. Tres and I played a few times at Bullshooters. Tres is a super great guy to play, Fun times. I was surprised that Red Label played well.

Jimmy B

Verified Member
I think it's more than a rumor.

He sure doesn't appear to be bitter or upset about anything.. I always liked him because he's a cat man... New job??... ummm .. nah..

Two incredible money players...

El Chapo

Verified Member
I hope whatever it is it turns out well for scott.

I am surprised more good players have not cropped up out there with scott in the mix. I am not saying there are none, but that area is special for pool as far as I am concerned.

Maybe this is arguable, but there is not too much to do, and if you are the average guy maybe it is hard to fade the bill leaving your ac on 24/7 so you head to a pool room. It reminds me of the filippines but with ac, not that i have been to pi.

I think they need to completely axe the leagues and focus on good, non handicapped tournaments that local guys can make enough money to pay rent if they play good enough, and then youd see some real keen players comin out of that area... or more i should say.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
He sure doesn't appear to be bitter or upset about anything.. I always liked him because he's a cat man... New job??... ummm .. nah..

Two incredible money players...
Is that Jack Cooney with Frost? Haven't seen him in 10 years, so I'm not sure.

If Scott is now the president of the Ariz. Billiards HOF, that certainly wouldn't take up much time. I don't understand all the secrecy here. Is he still owner or part owner of Freezer's? I hope he's able to stick with it. There's no future in pool playing after one's prime.

~Doc

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Is that Jack Cooney with Frost? Haven't seen him in 10 years, so I'm not sure.

If Scott is now the president of the Ariz. Billiards HOF, that certainly wouldn't take up much time. I don't understand all the secrecy here. Is he still owner or part owner of Freezer's? I hope he's able to stick with it. There's no future in pool playing after one's prime.

~Doc

Yes it is, Doc... Jack put on a couple, but looks fine..And if I hear anything about it, I will pm you...

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Yes it is, Doc... Jack put on a couple, but looks fine..And if I hear anything about it, I will pm you...

Scott also doesn't look like he's hanging out at the gym either. Now Mika and the rest of the 9 ballers, have too, to compete. This would be a great time for the freezer to come outta the fridge and take it up another notch, he's still got time.

Nick B

Verified Member
From
Vancouver, Canada
I don't know anything about Scott's situation but I have said before that a "Super High-End" hall is almost impossible to make work. You need to know your market. Pool players typically want good, clean and cost effective. High rents and big build outs are virtually impossible to make financially work. Most players just won't drop that kind of cash. Griff's in LV is probably the outer limit of what is possible (and I would suspect without a Sugar Daddy or the added income of the machines it's all but impossible).

beatle

Verified Member
people that hang in pool rooms dont pay the bills anymore. thats a thing of the past.

to make it in a pool room the owner has to be a superb business person. and those are few and far between.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
people that hang in pool rooms dont pay the bills anymore. thats a thing of the past.

to make it in a pool room the owner has to be a superb business person. and those are few and far between.

The poolroom in Providence that I was suggesting for our MOT -- Snookers -- is by far the most successful room in New England. It has about 16 Gold Crown tables, but it has at least 30 TV's and a great menu with lots of tables and booths to eat and drink in. I finally did get to talk to the owner in more detail about the idea of hosting our MOT and he was very concerned with tying up that many tables for both Friday and Saturday nights -- his busiest nights. I tried to explain that our guys will spend money -- we would be a captive audience for 3-4 days lol but I don't think I got anywhere unfortunately.