question for billy I

Viffer

Verified Member
Billly you say i have im proved, when is the last time you seen me beat anyone?

You know i drove from Dc to play Alex 17-4 and lost all i had and every thing i could barrow avout 25k. Do you think id lay down a 25k spread hoping that id get it back with interest? From there i went to nyc for 2 weeks, got a call from alex and his backer, i told them i would play 18-4 and a free scratch every game. Thay could bet what ever they wanted,

Billly how much do you think that free scratch is worth?

Now the last set before me and gabe quit gabling in vegas months agao he also gave me 18-4 and a scratch, i beat him 9-2.

N0w when i got to vegas after leaving vegas alex was playing poker and drinking every night, staying up for many nights do you think that could of affected his pool game?

canyou asnwer why alexs backers made him quit 2 different times in the middle of a set and come back, maybe cause he wasnt playing his best?

gabe had me 10-5 racing to 11 and i won do you think h can ever play his best game after thaat?

yes billy thay are in tough games, i said it from the get go, but i want to know what facts you have to support the fact that im playing so much better or that the games are so out of line, or is it just the fact that if im winning you cant make any money?

allex missed ball in hand 3 times and fallowed a ball into his hole on a very easy short. they are in a tough game and for them to win the have to keep playing like champions. Only person that has showed me he can keep doing it is scott and alex in virginia. Alex had other things on his mind in vegas.

so billy you can state your unfounded opions but they are un truths. i also lost 3 sets to bartrum with the 5 break ballin hand, so how much better can i be playing, they were only for 15k a set so that doesnt mean much. so i am over 300 games looser with the 5 break bal in hand, whats the right game now.?

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Welcome to the site viffer!...:)...

Since you've popped in with a question for one of our members...I was wondering if in return, you wouldn't mind answering a few questions for me...:)...

#1. Have you ever heard of San Jose Dick?

#2. Would you like to have the opportunity to get on The Beard's beat list?

#3. Would you be willing stake the One Pocket Ghost in a $30,000 One Pocket knowledge contest?

Thanks, Ghost

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
Welcome to the site, Dippy! You're a onepocket fan, so it's only appropriate you weigh in here.

Once you get up to speed on the WEI table and screen capture software, you can give us "What would Dippy Do" replies to shots.:D

Viffer

Verified Member
One Pocket Ghost said:

Since you've popped in with a question for one of our members...I was wondering if in return, you wouldn't mind answering a few questions for me...:)...

#3. Would you be willing stake the One Pocket Ghost in a $30,000 One Pocket knowledge contest?

Thanks, Ghost
i have heard of dick but know othing about him,

not sure if i want on list,

ill bet 30k my one pocket record is better then the ghosts playing pinos

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
One Pocket Ghost said:

Thanks, Ghost

Jeez Ghost, you trying to run the guy off after he makes one post?

This is an ACTION GUY who will be at The Derby. Be nice and ask some questions he might answer.

Looks like you knocked three guys with three questions and two of them are from your home town.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
jrhendy said:
Jeez Ghost, you trying to run the guy off after he makes one post?

This is an ACTION GUY who will be at The Derby. Be nice and ask some questions he might answer.

Looks like you knocked three guys with three questions and two of them are from your home town.

Nah, those weren't knocks - it's just called dark-humor....I just wanted viffer to get used to our sense of humor over here, right off the bat...:D

- Ghosty

PS, Except for my asking him to stake me that is - I was serious with that question...;)

Last edited:

SJDinPHX

Suspended
One Pocket Ghost said:

Thanks, Ghost

Since Mr. Peat will probably not spend a lot of time answering inane questions, let me speculate, as to what his probable answers to your intelligent [sic] queries might be...

#1--- Of course I have...My Grandpa says he was the greatest one pocket player who ever lived. (but Grandpa drank a lot.)...is he still alive ?..:rolleyes:

#2--- I think so...Who, or what, is a "Beard" ???...does it play pool ?...did it ever play pool ?.:cool:

#3--- HELL NO !...I like to think I have at least a prayer of winning..:eek:

Edit;...missed Viffer's response....but I was close wasn't I ???

Last edited:

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Viffer said:
Billly you say i have im proved, when is the last time you seen me beat anyone?

You know i drove from Dc to play Alex 17-4 and lost all i had and every thing i could barrow avout 25k. Do you think id lay down a 25k spread hoping that id get it back with interest? From there i went to nyc for 2 weeks, got a call from alex and his backer, i told them i would play 18-4 and a free scratch every game. Thay could bet what ever they wanted,

Billly how much do you think that free scratch is worth?

Now the last set before me and gabe quit gabling in vegas months agao he also gave me 18-4 and a scratch, i beat him 9-2.

N0w when i got to vegas after leaving vegas alex was playing poker and drinking every night, staying up for many nights do you think that could of affected his pool game?

canyou asnwer why alexs backers made him quit 2 different times in the middle of a set and come back, maybe cause he wasnt playing his best?

gabe had me 10-5 racing to 11 and i won do you think h can ever play his best game after thaat?

yes billy thay are in tough games, i said it from the get go, but i want to know what facts you have to support the fact that im playing so much better or that the games are so out of line, or is it just the fact that if im winning you cant make any money?

allex missed ball in hand 3 times and fallowed a ball into his hole on a very easy short. they are in a tough game and for them to win the have to keep playing like champions. Only person that has showed me he can keep doing it is scott and alex in virginia. Alex had other things on his mind in vegas.

so billy you can state your unfounded opions but they are un truths. i also lost 3 sets to bartrum with the 5 break ballin hand, so how much better can i be playing, they were only for 15k a set so that doesnt mean much. so i am over 300 games looser with the 5 break bal in hand, whats the right game now.?
Viffer, I have been playing pool for over 50 years, yes 50 years and I have never seen anyone lose as many games to a TOP player as you did playing Scott and Gabe, and then come back and beat the same player as you did with Gabe at the same game. Yes to me I guess you have improved, (nothing unfounded about that) don't get angry your allowed to improve. Hope to see you in action soon (with a bad game) so I can sneak in a bet against you.:D

Billy I.

Last edited:

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
wincardona said:
Viffer, I have been playing pool for over 50 years, yes 50 years and I have never seen anyone lose as many games to a TOP player as you did playing Scott and Gabe, and then come back and beat the same player as you did with Gabe at the same game. Yes to me I guess you have improved, (nothing unfounded about that) don't get angry your allowed to improve. Hope to see you in action soon (with a bad game) so I can sneak in a bet against you.:D

Billy I.
Maybe he hasn't improved. He's just getting back what he knew he always had and just needed more time. Careful Billy.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Frank Almanza said:
Maybe he hasn't improved. He's just getting back what he knew he always had and just needed more time. Careful Billy.
That's another way of looking at it, you're probably right.

Billy I.

#Cruncher

Verified Member
I've got 2 questions for you Dippy.

1) Would you rather get 15-4 or 20-5 from these champs?

I feel you have a pretty good gauge on these spots, and I'm curious what to ask for from them, since I think you and I play about the same (shoot crooked, move mediocre) :D

2) What do you think you need from Ricky Byrd?

He is good to match up with at the Derby. B player who likes to play races to 6 for 10 dimes.

u12armresl

Verified Member
He doesn't want to play shortstops, hustlers, etc., he wants to play champions.

I would seriously doubt that a game with Ricky would ever happen.

Viffer

Verified Member
wincardona said:

Billy I.

i got 3 balls more from them when i won, you getting dumb in your old age i got a free scratch every game withch is worth alot, please tell us hw much you think its worth,,,, show us your wisdom

Wayne

Verified Member
Viffer said:
i got 3 balls more from them when i won, you getting dumb in your old age i got a free scratch every game withch is worth alot, please tell us hw much you think its worth,,,, show us your wisdom

I would probably figure between 20-4 and 21-4 would be the equivalent of 18-4 and a free scratch. That is probably the adjustment they should be trying to get = no more free scratch. Wayne

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
All I can say is, coming from behind to win with your opponent on the hill -- what was it 10-5 in a race to 11? -- to win 11-10 is well earned, no matter what spot is involved.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Viffer said:

I really couldn't tell you what it's worth to you, but I can tell you it's not enough, you seem to eek out these wins regardless if you get the free scratch or not. IS THAT ENOUGH WISDOM FOR YOU???;)

Billy I.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Big Baller

Big Baller

Viffer said:

In case your interested I can raise a corp. that will let Cory play you 19 to 5 for 10K a game, if you're interested.:D

Billy I.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Wayne said:
I would probably figure between 20-4 and 21-4 would be the equivalent of 18-4 and a free scratch. That is probably the adjustment they should be trying to get = no more free scratch. Wayne
I could be wrong but I believe that Alex lost with the adjustment..18/4 no free scratch.. Maybe someone can correct me if i'm mistaken.

And I also believe that Gabe lost with the adjustment of 18/4 no free scratch the last set they played.

Billy I.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Widom, I don't need no stinkin wisdom.

Widom, I don't need no stinkin wisdom.

Viffer said:

Anyways who needs wisdom when you're good at math.

The last 9 one pocket sets you played I believe your record is 8 and 1. That's a better record than the New England Patriots.

W-L-W-W-W-W-W-W-W :eek:

Billy I.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Question from AB Midler

Question from AB Midler

[This is a question posed by Artie in the Member's Forum, which probably should be in this thread]

John H howe much do you think a sceatch is worth to Dave.

Against a player getting 18 to 4 and the breack. I just want too see what you think and other people think its worth.

This is a good qouistion. And I would like too get some feed back on it. I also have a good Idea for Dcc.

Witch I think will create a lot off action. Curiositie and it will get everyones interest.

A new Idea will allways get peopls attention and thier iterest. It could also be a lemon. But I think it would be worth trying.

I will think about it before I give it out. I think you would like it. But who knowes. Tell people respond.

Wright now I am interested in howe much the free scratch is worth. And everyone can answer. I have a Idea what it is worth. But I would like too her other peopls opinions first.

This is a very good qouistion. We will see what everyone thinks. And I would like for Dennis SJD John Gost Freddy Gulf Port Bily I Cailread Steve and everyone to give thier opinion and input.

And lets do it like the super senior citizens that we are. And the people who have not reached our age yet.

With respect to one another and the site. And show all the members that we can do it Like adults. Without hostility anger and arguing.

Make this a peacefull post. And leave all the anger and frutration at home. And the aswer will help people when they match up.