serious ?

unoperro

Verified Member
Playing one hole snooze you lose and player puts ball in wrong basket.
What is your take,explain yourself. Thanks

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Playing one hole snooze you lose and player puts ball in wrong basket.
What is your take,explain yourself. Thanks

More info required. Is the "basket" the endtable storage place for balls? How many shots and how much time elapsed between the occurrence and noticing it? Do both players agree that the ball was misplaced, negating the need to answer the first two questions?

P.S. Snooze you lose doesn't enter into this situation, that is for owed balls.

Dennis

unoperro

Verified Member
More info required. Is the "basket" the endtable storage place for balls? How many shots and how much time elapsed between the occurrence and noticing it? Do both players agree that the ball was misplaced, negating the need to answer the first two questions?

P.S. Snooze you lose doesn't enter into this situation, that is for owed balls.

Dennis

First both players know about the mistake, but not until later in the game.
How is this different then owing balls? If you sleep a ball,opponent does not owe
it right. Your mistake for not catching it right? Ball in wrong basket their
mistake. Is it not this simple?

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
First both players know about the mistake, but not until later in the game.
How is this different then owing balls? If you sleep a ball,opponent does not owe
it right. Your mistake for not catching it right? Ball in wrong basket their
mistake. Is it not this simple?

If both players know the mistake was made the ball needs to be returned to the proper player, it's his ball even if he put it on the roof.

Snooze you lose doesn't cover this at all. Snooze you lose means what you said, if a player owes a ball and has one to pay but doesn't and his opponent then shoots ending his (ball ower) inning at the table, the ball is no longer owed. That's snooze you lose.

P.S. To clarify one more thing: A ball "owed" for the game ie; a 10-7 game and one needs to be spotted by the player going to 10 has to be paid no matter what and no matter when it is noticed that it hasn't been paid. The ball is not an "owed" ball in the conventional sense of the word. The player going to 10 can't win until he gets to 10.

Snooze you lose doesn't apply to balls "owed" for the game, they are different than balls owed for fouls, contrary to what many here think. This is but one of the reasons that balls owed for the game are different than balls owed for fouls, there are others.

Dennis

Last edited:

beatle

Verified Member
it is right to tell him and give him his ball. he made it. plus if you dont you are tagged as a crook and will suffer later in lost action from it.

also he has the perfect defense against you if you insist you get the ball. he just has to say you stole it from him. then how do you look.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I agree with Dennis. I don't think there are any rules that let you keep a ball placed in the wrong side of the scoring tray if both players agree that is what happened. If they do not agree though -- i.e. they each think it is their ball, then it gets a little more iffy.

I saw this happen at the Derby a few years back with Buddy Hall playing Sylver Ochoa, at the old E West. This was not a TV table match, so it was not being closely watched by hordes of people, nor recorded on video -- I just happened to be taking photos and casually watching that match and several others, and of course there were other spectators around. Anyway, Syver noticed that a ball that he was convinced was supposed to be his (the result of a couple shots earlier in the match), had been placed by Buddy into Buddy's tray. After some heated disagreement, the tournament director was brought over, and since both players disagreed, and the shot that Sylver claimed earned the ball for him was several shots back in the game, the tournament director said he had no choice but to rule for Buddy, and Buddy got to keep the ball. What's that they say, "Possession is 9/10's of the law"?

Interesting reading:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Possession_is_nine-tenths_of_the_law

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
What do baskets have to do with the game of one pocket?
He's talking about the two trays at the end of the table that some ball-return tables have -- so that you can easily put pocketed balls in either one side or the other, to keep score. This is less of a problem without ball returns :)

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
He's talking about the two trays at the end of the table that some ball-return tables have -- so that you can easily put pocketed balls in either one side or the other, to keep score. This is less of a problem without ball returns :)

could also be the trays the pros use in tourneys
although i would go with your interpretation

unoperro

Verified Member
Giving up the ball wouldnt be the same as calling a foul pn yourself?

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Giving up the ball wouldnt be the same as calling a foul pn yourself?

First you try to connect it to "snooze you lose".

Now you try to connect it to "calling a foul on yourself"

I am starting to think we are being pranked.

My apologies if I'm wrong but what's so damn hard about returning the ball to it's rightful owner? You've been given the correct answer 3 times now. If a player makes a ball it belongs to him no matter where he stores it.

Dennis

unoperro

Verified Member
First you try to connect it to "snooze you lose".

Now you try to connect it to "calling a foul on yourself"

I am starting to think we are being pranked.

My apologies if I'm wrong but what's so damn hard about returning the ball to it's rightful owner? You've been given the correct answer 3 times now. If a player makes a ball it belongs to him no matter where he stores it.

Dennis
Not a prank-just a ? like the "Calling a foul on yourself" thread which went
how many pages?
Dennis I would enjoy playing with you.You play like I play-no nonsense-fouls are fouls-balls owed are to be paid-balls legally pocketed go to who pocketed
them !
Many people do not , and that is a DAMN SHAME.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
how many pages?
Dennis I would enjoy playing with you.You play like I play-no nonsense-fouls are fouls-balls owed are to be paid-balls legally pocketed go to who pocketed
them !

You had me worried for a minute:). I don't like drama when I gamble and it's nice when players know and abide by the rules.

By the way welcome to the site:D.

P.S. Regarding the other thread, you didn't read it all did you? My sympathies if you did.

Dennis

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
how many pages?
them !

uno perro
in spanish your username means "one dog"
( i know you knew that)
is that your "lemmon" to get weight??
just askin ???:D
if thats a sincere estimate of your skill level the hacker might -play you:eek:........:heh........:lol