The King of One Pocket Tournament - $50,000 - February 24th-26th

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
The King of One Pocket Tournament presented by Gary's Victor Billiards in Victorville California. $50,000 Prize Pool. Limited to the first 8 players, $6,000 entry and $2,000 added. Races to 7, double elimination. February 24th-26th you can watch it live for FREE at www.ontherailtv.com or come in person to Gary's Victor Billiards, 14464 Atstar St., Victorville, CA, 92395. Contact Gary for more info at 909-856-1762, $2,000 deposit required to reserve your spot. If you are interested in being a sponsor of the FREE live stream and get great exposure for your business or product with thousands viewing online contact Lenny at 480-528-9488.

Attachments

• 4187c467-7c3d-4266-9968-ffc80b35e42a_zps1e58f21f.png
    4187c467-7c3d-4266-9968-ffc80b35e42a_zps1e58f21f.png
    446.1 KB · Views: 0

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
The King of One Pocket Tournament - $50,000 - February 24th-26th

This sounds awesome!!!!

JAM

Verified Member
Just curious, but how will the payouts be broken down? IOW, will they pay out only first place or top two, et cetera?

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
The King of One Pocket Tournament presented by Gary's Victor Billiards in Victorville California. $50,000 Prize Pool. Limited to the first 8 players, $6,000 entry and $2,000 added. Races to 7, double elimination. February 24th-26th you can watch it live for FREE at www.ontherailtv.com or come in person to Gary's Victor Billiards, 14464 Atstar St., Victorville, CA, 92395. Contact Gary for more info at 909-856-1762, $2,000 deposit required to reserve your spot. If you are interested in being a sponsor of the FREE live stream and get great exposure for your business or product with thousands viewing online contact Lenny at 480-528-9488.

Daaaaaaamn!

Poolicious!

JAM

Verified Member
The payout for the tournament will be...

1st - $25,000
2nd - $15,000
3rd - $10,000

How refreshing to have a tournament with very decent payouts that is open to all!

Looking forward to February! :)

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
In spite of the wonderful opportunity we have (as spectators) to watch what figures to be the eight best players in the country competing against one another there's a feeling of disrespect I get for the players, in terms of selling themselves as cheap as they are in agreeing to travel and compete against one another for their own money. Adding only $2,000 for this (imo) challenge match is taking advantage of the players. I believe that their hotel and traveling expenses should be offered as an incentive to all the players that are competing.:sorry

This type of a promotion will not last if the players have to pay for their expenses, it's simply not economically feasible for the players to benefit from this type of an arrangement..let alone their backers (whomever they are)

I like the concept but there needs to be something extra in it for the players for it to be sustainable, i'm sure there must be room for that somewhere.

This is only good for the promoter and for the spectators. Lets not get this twisted..the players are the most important piece of the venture..treat them like they are..or at least pretend you are.

$300 TRAVELING EXPENSES FOR EA. PLAYER X 8= $2400
$60 EA. NIGHT TWO NIGHTS $120 X 8= $960

For approx $3500 dollars more this type of a show could be sustainable.
Bill Incardona

Last edited:

JAM

Verified Member
In spite of the wonderful opportunity we have (as spectators) to watch what figures to be the eight best players in the country competing against one another there's a feeling of disrespect I get for the players, in terms of selling themselves as cheap as they are in agreeing to travel and compete against one another for their own money. Adding only $2,000 for this (imo) challenge match is taking advantage of the players. I believe that their hotel and traveling expenses should be offered as an incentive to all the players that are competing.:sorry

This type of a promotion will not last if the players have to pay for their expenses, it's simply not economically feasible for the players to benefit from this type of an arrangement..let alone their backers (whomever they are)

I like the concept but there needs to be something extra in it for the players for it to be sustainable, i'm sure there must be room for that somewhere.

This is only good for the promoter and for the spectators. Lets not get this twisted..the players are the most important piece of the venture..treat them like they are..or at least pretend you are.

Bill Incardona

I like the way you think, and, of course, you're right on the money! [Pun intended] :cool:

baby huey

Verified Member
Billy, I agree and if you are going to promote this type of event the added money should be much better then $2000. I think it should in the $5000 range. Gary is going to charge admission and stream it so even though he'll lose money, it won't be too much. I also question the $6000 entry fee. Perhaps that should be dropped a notch in order to fill it up faster.

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY

Bill Incardona
I cannot say I disagree with you at all and there is talks with a sponsor about possibly taking care of the rooms for the players but its not 100% yet and when it is then it will be announced. I don't know exactly what was covered in the last event like this that went on or added monies to it. This tournament will have many players on the west coast during that time so this is another event for them to play in while in the area but I understand some will be traveling specifically for this tournament. You have good valid points Billy.

unoperro

Verified Member
I dont trnmnt site layout.
Maybe this is all they can handle.takes a big room to handle say a 16 player or larger event.
Small event-small added money. Its just a fact.

Hope this happens but a King of trnmnt would require a year to properly plan.

ulikastr8pool

Well-Known-Member
From
NYC
The 2 toughest jobs in the country: 2) a pool player and, by a landslide, 1) a pool player's backer.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri

Bill Incardona

I agree, but they could even forget the $2000 added and it could be done for $1500 more. (Maybe we're the ones who should be paying the extra, not Gary. Make the stream a few bucks to go to the player expense fund.

Maybe that's asking too much from ontherail, but......

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
I agree, but they could even forget the $2000 added and it could be done for $1500 more. (Maybe we're the ones who should be paying the extra, not Gary. Make the stream a few bucks to go to the player expense fund.

Lenny pays for his own equipment, travel, and sets up a free stream, plus the hours are humongous. I know from my own experience that doing these types of streams requires being at the tournament an hour and a half before the start and leaving an hour after the end. Usually an 18 hour day. Lenny does this because he is serious about promoting pool.

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY

I was considering if we do not get a sponsor for the players rooms doing a Go Fund Me or something similar where people could contribute to the players rooms and the live stream expenses. Will give it a little bit to see if the sponsorship comes to fruition first.

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
Lenny pays for his own equipment, travel, and sets up a free stream, plus the hours are humongous. I know from my own experience that doing these types of streams requires being at the tournament an hour and a half before the start and leaving an hour after the end. Usually an 18 hour day. Lenny does this because he is serious about promoting pool.

Thanks Bill, I love the game. I do want to see the players taken care of first and if I get my expenses taken care of when all is said and done then that is great. I believe all of us one pocket fans will enjoy the show.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
I was considering if we do not get a sponsor for the players rooms doing a Go Fund Me or something similar where people could contribute to the players rooms and the live stream expenses. Will give it a little bit to see if the sponsorship comes to fruition first.

Has anyone tried to make a deal with the local hotels? I know Chris usually gets a rate for the players.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri

This has the potential to be one of the best one-pocket events in recent history. I would be glad to contribute in a way that makes it better for the players, but the best system in theory is those who watch/enjoy do the contributing.

I understand -- generally -- the tricky relationship between sponsorships and pay-to-view, so I realize it might not be possible to do it the way I would like best.

Whatever develops, good on ya for doing your part in this.

Thanks.