frost joyner 40

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
It's certain what I would do: kick the 4 out from the opponent's hole, leaving the CB there.

But Cliff would either: pocket the 10 rail first off the 11 ball; or shoot in the other stripe by caroming it off the 3, and drawing the CB for either the 14 or the 2 or 6 if "on". I'd be very surprised if he doesn't run them all here.

~Doc

OneRock

Verified Member
From
South Florida
I'm swinging here. I like the cut on the stripe, knowing it might either go in clean or kiss off the 3. This is an opportunity to win the game.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
I'm swinging here. I like the cut on the stripe, knowing it might either go in clean or kiss off the 3. This is an opportunity to win the game.

You should be on your way to shooters not posting ...:heh

Last edited:

Kybanks

Verified Member
Shooting the stripe here, sometimes you have to shoot a hard shot to win the game.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
this thread was more a survey to see who are the shooters vs who are the safety players
it didnt get a large sample size,,,,,:rolleyes:
cliff made the stripe and ran out....:)

J.R.

Verified Member
From
Chicago, Illinois
this thread was more a survey to see who are the shooters vs who are the safety players
it didnt get a large sample size,,,,,:rolleyes:
cliff made the stripe and ran out....:)

The table layout in this thread to ascertain who are the shooters vs who are the safety players is dubious. For example, I am a "grinder" meaning that everything being equal (in this case all 15 balls are on the table) I would rather play a safe shot than shoot a long shot. But in this table layout, I am rolling the stripe in without hesitation.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
The table layout in this thread to ascertain who are the shooters vs who are the safety players is dubious. For example, I am a "grinder" meaning that everything being equal (in this case all 15 balls are on the table) I would rather play a safe shot than shoot a long shot. But in this table layout, I am rolling the stripe in without hesitation.

....why ??

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
tough one for me. If I am playing good I am shooting the stripe but if playing like I did Friday, then I am ducking off the 4.. :)

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
See? I cant say how patient I can be and how I am very defensive because you saw some of that stream!! :)

but yea for 25 I may shoot a few more than I should....

I have a different philosophy about which shots I shoot.
Like you, if I am shooting well , I would play the shot, if playing poorly , I am ducking , but the amount never enters in the equation.
If there are shots I want to try, to stretch my abilities, I leave them for practice time.
My thought on the subject is that, if I shoot the same shot selection for 300 a game or 10 a game or for fun, I am building a solid memory of that shot in my subconcious.
If I keep missing it , I lay off the shot until I work on it and make it a positive.
If I am used to making it, there will be no doubt in my mind when I need to shoot it , and therefore I will hit it as well as I can, on that day.
If I shoot it for 10 or 20 or fun and make it once in a while I might get the subconcious signal to fire away in one of those 300 dollar games and after I miss it, I remember , oh , that's one of my goofin off shots.
OOch Ouch Eeech ooch!
As Bugs would say.