Alex Pagulayan vs. Richie Richeson 2000 W.O.P. #2

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Cowboy Dennis said:
Alex's shot. What would you do?

View attachment 2153

\ Looks like you can shoot the 5 ball straight on with a medium speed and stick the cue ball near or on the balls. The 8 ball will bank over toward your hole and you should open get decent action with the 1 ball. The 5 ball will go to the bottom rail and then leave the area of concern.

Billy I.

WillieNilly

Verified Member
From
N.E Pennsylvania
theres the 5/8...looks ok...i may be worried about the 5 not going where i think its gonna go, looks like it hits the 2 ball and goes fwrd twords his side ....i opt for one of my next choices.

"I"..(if i could get a full hit on it) would try to

1.Three rail the 2 ball to my side/hole and nudge the 13/15 loose a little.
and that also leaves me the 5/8 option for later.

OR ( cue circus music)

2. split hit the 2and 5 balls......sticking the rock.....the 2 into the 1 combo And the 5/8 combo/cross bank the 8 with the same shot.( aggressive), 2 ball may even 3 rail to my side.
Cant tell if the angle favors one or the other.

If i dont see the whole 2 AND dont like the 5/8 i may three rail the 3 ball......boring.....

I like shot 2.....

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
seems the more experienced players immediately jumped to doing something with the 5. reading the stack well.(gotta improve on that)
me my first thought was 3 rail the 3 to my pocket and fall on the 5/8
i guess im boring:rolleyes:

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
lll said:
seems the more experienced players immediately jumped to doing something with the 5. reading the stack well.(gotta improve on that)
me my first thought was 3 rail the 3 to my pocket and fall on the 5/8
i guess im boring:rolleyes:

This is the same shot that jumped out at me too, I think if I get the ball close he is in a bit of trouble. :)

bstroud

Verified Member
the 5 looks like the obvious shot but there is the chance that the 2 will end up in front of his opponents pocket.

Another shot is the 2 and stop perhaps 3 railing it toward his pocket. Very safe and leaves the other balls alone.

Three rail the 3 and draw the cue ball to the side rail.

Bill Stroud

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Alex 3-railed the 3 but hit it kind of wide. Maybe he was just playing the cueball. The 3 really slid off the third rail on the new tournament cloth.

Alex's Shot 2.jpg

Here's how he left it for Richie:

Alex's Leave.Jpeg