ONE POCKET

27 players, 6 places paid

1- Bassam Al-Naji - $320
2- Danny Green - $160
3- Kevin Bailey - $80
4- Billy Stephen - $40
5- Dima Khvan - $20
6- Alvin Richardson - $20

This is a $20 entry, $100 added, no green fees, handicapped every Sunday 1PM event

Since the tournament is handicapped - all can participate​

JAM

Verified Member
OMG, Kevin Bailey is back in town? Is that the same Kevin Bailey?

How about that Danny Green! He always manages to make the money rounds. ;)

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
JAM said:
OMG, Kevin Bailey is back in town? Is that the same Kevin Bailey?

How about that Danny Green! He always manages to make the money rounds. ;)
JAM, I'm wondering when the Quakester is going to go over to Champion Billards and dab it a little? Of course they might handicap him so high that he'd have a tough time.;)

Doc

JAM

Verified Member
gulfportdoc said:
JAM, I'm wondering when the Quakester is going to go over to Champion Billards and dab it a little? Of course they might handicap him so high that he'd have a tough time.;)

Doc

Sometimes that does happen in the handicapped tournaments for sure. Hopefully, since he's had time off with good behavior -- [pun intended] -- they'll give him some slack. :p

We've got a whole bunch of extremely strong local players in the D.C. area. Many of them are workers bees, but on a field of green, they can definitely shine. I can remember Mike Davis and Keith both getting beat in our local tournaments by some of these players. They're like every road player's worst nightmare, if you know what I mean. :D

Bill

Verified Member
From
Washington DC
gulfportdoc said:

Doc

He needs to come out of hiding Doc. Maybe he's locked in the basement:) Jennie, where is your main man? Has he given up on pool altogether? Would love to have him at Champion's

He wouldn't be any higher than Kevin Bailey or Danny. He needs to see where he's at imo. If he does well we increase. If he doesn't fare well we'll knock him down.

The main consideration is that we try to make it fair for all. Probably why we had 27 players this past week, the highest amount of participants yet. (Two women played!)

Chauffeur him across the river Jennie. Hope to see you guys sooner rather than later

Bill

Verified Member
From
Washington DC
JAM said:
Sometimes that does happen in the handicapped tournaments for sure. Hopefully, since he's had time off with good behavior -- [pun intended] -- they'll give him some slack. :p

We've got a whole bunch of extremely strong local players in the D.C. area. Many of them are workers bees, but on a field of green, they can definitely shine. I can remember Mike Davis and Keith both getting beat in our local tournaments by some of these players. They're like every road player's worst nightmare, if you know what I mean. :D

:)

Come on by Jennie and maybe bring that fella with ya.

You can even play if he wants to be couch potato next weekend. Does he know where his cue is? He can borrow mine if you've hid his:)

Seriously young lady hope to see you guys soon ...

Bill

Verified Member
From
Washington DC
gulfportdoc said:

Doc

Certainly would like him to stop by Doc ... without a doubt

Our One Pocket is weekly and we have 9 Ball the "Last Saturday of the Month" - our attempt to give the player a choice. Trying to create an atmosphere conducive to the better-than-average pool player

Wanted to give a sincere thank you for the tournament advice Doc and Tom in Sacramento had been so kind to share. Length of matches are a concern. When you have a player or two that continues to play safe, matches will be longer. With a 1pm start we manage to finish around 8 pm, thanks to Tom and yourself. Info appreciated ...

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
It sounds like a real solid event, Bill. If I lived in the area, I'd be there every damn week! I hope it keeps on growing. One-pocket certainly has a high place in the pool community in Washington, D.C.

Doc