Thanx Grady!

100andout

Verified Member
From
FL/PA
Just a thank you to Grady for the great video "Money pool". I used a few of the ideas from it today in a one hole match.

1. The first refusal

2. The "never play the other guys game" rule. I refused 9-ball to get him to play 1-pocket, which he did'nt want to do, but felt like gambling so he played.

3. I let him say how much he wanted to play for, then doubled it to add some pressure.

4. I only showed enough speed to win, nothing flashy, just common sense, and I bought the drinks after.

Thanks again Grady............Gerry

Splash

From
Hiratsuka Japan
100andout said:
2. The "never play the other guys game" rule. I refused 9-ball to get him to play 1-pocket, which he did'nt want to do, but felt like gambling so he played.

Thanks again Grady............Gerry

Sounds like you turned #2 inside out though... I recall Grady's point being "why not play the other guys game if he wants to gamble at that", so somehow your mental jujitsu bamboozled him into playing your game.

I'll also add my thanks to Grady for the tape, enjoyable, and informative even for us little nickle and dimers.

100andout

Verified Member
From
FL/PA
Splash said:
Sounds like you turned #2 inside out though... I recall Grady's point being "why not play the other guys game if he wants to gamble at that", so somehow your mental jujitsu bamboozled him into playing your game.

I'll also add my thanks to Grady for the tape, enjoyable, and informative even for us little nickle and dimers.

True enough Splash, My intention was to get him away from any kind of comfort level, figuring he would propose his favorite game and betting level. Honestly, I would have played 9-ball, had he refused my counter offer....Gerry

arsenius

Question for Grady

Question for Grady

Hey Grady, I just bought this tape also. I was wondering about when you were talking about drawing 1.5 table lengths, it looks to me like you are drawing 1 table length (1/2 back, 1/2 forward). Am I missing something?

Anyways, the rest of the tape was great, thanks:)
-Tim

Grady

Verified Member
From
Columbia, SC
Your question

Your question

No, you're not missing anything. I meant to draw it one and a half table lengths but only managed one.