My Super Seniors Trip

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
First of all, thanks to everyone involved. Our host Bogies Billiards and their staff, and all the players and sweators that were there.

I really thought I had a shot at winning this again. I had been playing quite a bit and walking/jogging to get in shape and came to Houston with a positive attitude. Bob and Billy outplayed me and I had to settle for 3rd. Not too bad, especially since I bought myself in the player auction and I do feel like I played as well as I am capable of. Sure, I had a couple of brain farts and the yips a couple of times, but I always do.:D With races to four on the winners side and three on the one loss, this is a grueling event for an old guy if you make it to the last day.

Thanks to my road partner and good friend Kentucky Bill Meyers, who streamed the tournament. Bill fractured his pelvis three months ago and this was not an easy trip for him to make, but he committed to a free stream months ago and lived up to his promise. As with many streams, their were technical issues to iron out on site, but it the end it all worked out thanks to Bill. We also need to thank Goldy (Zach Goldberg) for his help and the loan of some of his equipment so we could have sound and commentary.

This was my third trip to Bogies and I can't wait for the next one. I really hope more of you can make it and share this great experience. (And make the pot a little bigger).:lol