What was your Costliest Mis-Cue

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
I miscued this past weekend on the final ball of what was an 800 swing. Playing 400 a game. Down 1 game and would have been even.

Please tell me someone else has done something similar. Any good stories?

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
I miscued this past weekend on the final ball of what was an 800 swing. Playing 400 a game. Down 1 game and would have been even.

My partner and I were playing with the same cue for about a year.
I always roughed up the tip and was careful with it. He never did anything but chalk it.
I miscued probably 200 times, He never did.
I think a lot of that must be in my/his/your stroke.
Rod.
P.S. I'm better now but not fixed. :frus

GoldCrown

Verified Member

"I did"...2x.

Yo Tank...bet ya never miscue again. I never lost $$ miscuing but did rip the front of pants off breaking 9ball. My thumb caught my pocket. Totally killed the slacks. $18 from Morville in the mid 60's.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I had a similar one to yours, John.

Sitting at the breakfast table I meant to ask my then wife, "Please Honey, pass me the sugar." :) Instead it came out "You bitch, you've ruined my life!" :frus

Tom
Now THAT'S funny!:lol.... Kinda like marital Tourette's...

~Doc
Happily married

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area

Hope the missus doesn't read this. :):p:D
Rod.
P.S. He's just kidding.

I had a similar one to yours, John.

Sitting at the breakfast table I meant to ask my then wife, "Please Honey, pass me the sugar." :) Instead it came out "You bitch, you've ruined my life!" :frus

Tom

~Doc
Happily married

:D
it can sure seem that way at times....:sorry
waiting on rod to chime in with some worldly words of wisdom....:p

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida

~Doc
Happily married

Doc. Your mentioning Tourette's reminded me of a time when I was playing some no limit poker in Vegas when a guy with Tourette's sat down at our table. It was hilarious. We all caught on pretty quick that this guy could not control his emotions. He would "whoop, whoop, whoop, each time he had a good hand. The better the hand the greater the whoop, and when he had 7 - 2 or something like it, he would curse, pound the table, and throw his cards in the muck.

Good hand, Whoop, whoop, whoop, and the rest of us casually tossed our cards away. Now that's a brutal tell for a poker player.

Tom

Deeman

Verified Member
Although my teammates called it a mis-cue, I called it a skid! :) A six ball not 10 inches from the corner pocket, about 30 degree cut, $4200 difference in where we finished! :-(

In 1986...still have nightmares over it.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA

Get some Magic Chalk from Chicago RJ. I hold the back end of the cue stick too high sometimes and used to miscue often, usually on draw shots. Not anymore.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

Get some Magic Chalk from Chicago RJ. I hold the back end of the cue stick too high sometimes and used to miscue often, usually on draw shots. Not anymore.

Will do! Thanks John. 👍👍

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

Just an update that I contacted RJ on AZ and bought 3 packs of this chalk for 21.00 shipped. First time I used it was last week and I notched a big win against the same opponent I was playing when I miscued for a huge swing which made me start this thread.

Not one miscue. I am a fan!

Thanks John!!

Mitch

Last edited:

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Just an update that I contacted RJ on AZ and bought 3 packs of this chalk for 21.00 shipped. First time I used it was last week and I notched a big win against the same opponent I was playing when I miscued for a huge swing which made me start this thread.

Not one miscue. I am a fan!

Thanks John!!

Mitch

I got some too, and I like it, but I think I was using too much of it in the beginning. My table and my hands got badly chalked. Now I'm giving my tip only a light dusting and I think that's plenty.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
While watching the match last night on the stream, Alex mis cued with the bridge. He looked as bad as all of us. My biggest miscue happened at the 2003 DCC. I was playing pretty well and the tournament was rear over. After the daily matches, tables were used to match up. I matched up with some guy from Cincinnati for two hundred a game. I didnt know him and he didnt know me but like I said, I was playing well. (Big Head?) We played about four hours with me being 3 games up but I felt weak in the game watching him play. After one game, he asked to play for $500 a game and I politely said no. Two minutes and three games later, we were even. I dodged a bullet.
So what do I do? I ask Max Eberle to play for $200 a game. MIS CUE big time!!!
Thank fully he said no.
I have mis cued badly for three hundred a game.

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
Hill Hill game, 300.00 each, race to 3 one pocket.
I needed 3 balls and had about 4 balls that went to my hole but was on 2 fouls , opponent left a pretty easy long shot but when I got ready to shoot I barely touched the cueball on my last stroke.
I stood up and raked the balls, and everyone was asking what happened.
If anyone saw me foul they never said anything.
So that was a 600.00 miscue .
My opponent was a real sportsman , so I got to relive that shot every time someone came in the poolroom the rest of the day.