Interesting set of balls for One Pocket ----->

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Along with his tan colored Simonis cloth, a friend of mine has this set of black balls that he plays One Pocket with...I like playing with them - visually, they stand out well from the cloth - I'd also like to see what they look like on standard green or blue cloth.....I guess any of youse guys who use stripes or numbers for your aiming wouldn't like these balls though...:)

- Ghost

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 0

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Along with his tan colored Simonis cloth, a friend of mine has this set of black balls that he plays One Pocket with...I like playing with them - visually, they stand out well from the cloth - I'd also like to see what they look like on standard green or blue cloth.....I guess any of youse guys who use stripes or numbers for your aiming wouldn't like these balls though...:)

Sign me up! I want to commentate that game and have two or three of you geniuses critique my shot suggestions.:heh

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Sign me up! I want to commentate that game and have two or three of you geniuses critique my shot suggestions.:heh

:sorry John, but I don't think the balls are laying whereby you can carom the black ball into the black ball, and at the same time get the cueball tucked under the black ball...:eek:...:p

beatle

Verified Member
the cloth looks gray not tan so maybe the balls are brown and not black.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
the cloth looks gray not tan so maybe the balls are brown and not black.

equipment detective-beatle :rolleyes: as I said, the balls are black - the cloth is a greyish-beige-tan color - you want to see brown - look at the wooden cabinet in the top right of the pic.

Jimmy B

Verified Member
I'm not sure about those colors. I'm a little colorblind.. My new GF made fun of me about that..That really sent up a gray flag for me ... Had to dump her ass.

beatle

Verified Member
nice gray walls, was he an ex-convict reliving his old days? or are they tan walls that look gray. your camera wasnt good enough to make it for the cabinet to be seen.

that equipment must make it so much more fun to play one pocket.

poolandpokerman

Verified Member
Back in Kentucky in the 60's every pool room you walked into had all red balls on the front table, could not play anything but bank on the front table, we had never heard of one pocket where I lived. The main games in our pool hall were bank and crazy Kelly with the pea jug, and of course rotation. Maybe that's why there are so many good bank players from Kentucky.
Tom

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
IMO that cloth color is the best to play on. The blue can be a bit bright over time on your eyes and the contrast with the balls and the grey cloth is excellent. I doubt we will see people changing over to it but I know that Scott and I considered it for the Ice House. The issue was people using personal chalk that is blue and messing up the tables. It is tough to tell everyone they have to use grey master chalk. :cool:

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
A friend of mine bought a complete 15 ball set of plain yellow (numberless) balls that he uses for practice -- based on the theory that there are no distractions from stripes, numbers or color differences, so it makes for a purer practice apparently. I would definitely rather use all yellow than all black -- I think the darker colors can be a little harder to see when a couple of them (or more) are grouped together -- that's why you don't rack your own with the 6 and 8 as your two head balls. Also the shadow area under the dark balls blends into the darker balls. I would take the yellow ones for sure!!

chicagomike

Verified Member

- Ghost

I'm cool with them...As long as you're not posting WWYD scenarios with them.:frus