shannin efren again 49

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
doc we dont want any ghosts to come out in the graveyard do we ??..:D
here is something to ponder while most of the boys are having fun in chicago..:D
shannon 6 /efren 5
shannons shot
shannon  efren again 1.jpg

Kybanks

Verified Member
I like the 2 railer on the 7 ball with top inside english. It all depends on how thin I can hit the 7 to get the action needed for the cb to go 2 rails back to his long rail. Staying below the side pocket with the cb.

t-dog

Verified Member
I Agree with John cut in the one. As Grady would say play to over cut it . If you miss the whole ball spot one up

from where the cue is....its a scratch, no? Are you trying to make it or just lay it up...off of the stripe perhaps?

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
from where the cue is....its a scratch, no? Are you trying to make it or just lay it up...off of the stripe perhaps?

I'd be playing to undercut the 1 to make sure I get an acceptable angle into the first long rail with my CB. Anywhere 1 goes works as long as I get the CB where I want it. (I'm estimating 4 rails beside the 7 (that I called the 8 in my first post.)

one pocket guy

Verified Member
From
Arkansas (near Memphis Tn)
I shoot that shot a lot. But always as thin as possible. If I undercut or hit it thick I scratch. Either way my cueball comes 2 rails back to where I shot. Carefull don't scratch under you!

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I would attempt to softly roll the 1ball into the 2ball having the three balls and the cue ball end up near the foot rail. I believe that this position would earn me a shot the next time back at the table. I'm thinking of possibly looking at at least a two railer on the ball at the top right corner or maybe something even better if my opponent tries to get creative.

Dr. Bill

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I'd likely shoot in the 7, and draw the CB to about where the chalk is on the long rail. The 7 spots up, and protects the 10. If the CB can't be drawn, I'd consider making the 7 rail first. That takes away any straight-back for my opponent on the 7, and protects my soldiers.

Now if the opponent tries to kick at the 10, he risks leaving a return bank.

~Doc

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I'd likely shoot in the 7, and draw the CB to about where the chalk is on the long rail. The 7 spots up, and protects the 10. If the CB can't be drawn, I'd consider making the 7 rail first. That takes away any straight-back for my opponent on the 7, and protects my soldiers.

Now if the opponent tries to kick at the 10, he risks leaving a return bank.

~Doc

:frus:heh:sorry:)

DR Bill

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
Theres a trick shot on the ball in the upper right corner , you shoot it with
just below center and cut it to bank 1 rail , the cueball floats down toward the end rail on opponents side of table.
No need to get desperate here , but it's a nice shot to know.
You don't need any side English on it!

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Theres a trick shot on the ball in the upper right corner , you shoot it with
just below center and cut it to bank 1 rail , the cueball floats down toward the end rail on opponents side of table.
No need to get desperate here , but it's a nice shot to know.
You don't need any side English on it!

is this your shot ??
creative
dont think i woud have considered it
jackets shot wwyd 1.jpg

Kybanks

Verified Member
I would attempt to softly roll the 1ball into the 2ball having the three balls and the cue ball end up near the foot rail. I believe that this position would earn me a shot the next time back at the table. I'm thinking of possibly looking at at least a two railer on the ball at the top right corner or maybe something even better if my opponent tries to get creative.

Dr. Bill

This is my second choice if the 2 railer isn't laying thin enough for the CB to be positioned where I want it.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
I will bank the 1 ball across, leaving it near the other two. Cue ball to the rail between the two balls and then back up-table. Why am I the only one for that shot? Speak up - I don't mind. :eek:

Kybanks

Verified Member
I will bank the 1 ball across, leaving it near the other two. Cue ball to the rail between the two balls and then back up-table. Why am I the only one for that shot? Speak up - I don't mind. :eek:

It's all risk and no reward. Moving the 1 ball in that manner doesn't improve your position at all because your opponent is coming to the table with a shot on all 4 balls. At least 1 of those balls is gonna be a free shot for your opponent. Right now you have a solid position and need to execute something that improves your position. JMO I am sure others with more experience will give you better insight.

El Chapo

Verified Member
I feel like the two railed on the two lays real good. The cb will go three rails and hit the end rail a couple diamonds or so short of that 7.

Bill is bunting but he knows if he needs two against efren he needs to shoot and keep the pressure on here. :heh no way you're gonna lay down a bunt or two in your next few shots and beat efren in this game... you're going to have to execute some stuuuf.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl

Dr. Bill

bill
i tried this shot on my table and ended up something like this
seems i could leave free bank on the solid by the corner pocket in the kitchen..:confused:

wincardona 1.jpg