Two towards your pocket on one shot

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
An interesting sequence came up last night with my regular local 1P sparring partner. We each needed three when this came up:
START(
%An0D6%Cd9G4%Eo8D1%Fg2D3%Jc0E9%Po6I9%QA9[4%RA7B0%Ug4H3%Vn3I5
%WD5S3%Xc3G1%Yb1D6%Zb4E1%[O5T8%\a4C8%]M1W1%^D5T0%eB4b1%f5%g5
%_k4K5%`h3J3%af1H2
)END
I had to cut the first ball into the second just to get enough contact to send both balls towards my hole, but either they didn't quite lie right, or I didn't get quite enough carom, anyway I left both balls on my side about a diamond away from my pocket 'A'.

So my opponent comes with a real close relative to the same shot I just played:
START(
%An0D6%CN7X5%Eo8D1%Fg2D3%JN7V1%Pm4L4%QA9[4%RA7B0%UP3W5%Vl1M0
%WC8D0%XL7Z4%[F6F0%\N1T7%]M6Z7%^N1Y4%eC2b0%f5%g5%_R8X1%`O7V5
%aO6W3
)END
And sure enough he makes the bank and hangs up the carom! He followed up with shape to about where the cue ball is shown and cut the 6 down the rail real nicely for the out.

I guess he hit that 'two balls on one shot' better than I did :) :)

Pelican

Verified Member
From
Magnolia Springs, AL
Thanks for the interesting post.

I see these shots diagrams in books and magazines but I guess I have just not played enough one pocket to recognize when I have that opportunity. Wish 'coaching' was allowed :D

Later guy, Pel

Rod

Verified Member
From
Phoenix, Az
He made a good out on you Steve. Those shots come up fairly often but many times, like your shot the angle is just not quite right. If you don't get one of them near the hole then it may leave a free bank. I hate free banks, well if I'm the one that leaves it. lol

Rod

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Another Way

Another Way

Here is a fairly easy shot you don't see many players use. You really have to butcher it to leave a shot & it can be a game winner.

START(
%Aa4D5%BB8[8%CC0\0%D[6]1%Ee6G4%FC1\3%G[8\8%H\0]0%I[7\7%J]1]6
%KB5\4%L[8\9%MB3\2%NB5^0%OB7B8%PQ2G5%UI2U6%V`7D5%Wc9G6%XQ6G7
%Yr7F2%Ze6G4%[c5C8%\s4E8%]J6W2%^b3C5
)END

It also works with an object ball frozen on the long rail.

dontscratch

Verified Member
From
Freeman va
can not see shot

can not see shot

Hi- I am a new member as well as a new computer person-when I go to your post I see start and a bunch of figures and numbers, but when I click nothing happens-could someone please advise as to what needs to be done? and I thank you in advance-

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
dontscratch said:
Hi- I am a new member as well as a new computer person-when I go to your post I see start and a bunch of figures and numbers, but when I click nothing happens-could someone please advise as to what needs to be done? and I thank you in advance-
Those funny text blocks require the WEI table tool (which uses Flash -- so you might find you need to download that). You'll find the WEI link if you look up in the top right area of your display, right below where it says 'Message Board' in the OnePocket.org menu bar, and find 'Need to show a shot? Click here to use the WEI table'.

Here's how to use it:
  1. Use your mouse to highlight all that funny text from one end to the other (but nothing extra)
  2. Copy the text block (by right clicking and then selecting 'copy', or by hitting 'Control C')
  3. Click on the Wei link (if you haven't already opened the window)
  4. Within the WEI window click on the 'Paste' label on the WEI page
  5. A warning comes up, & click OK
  6. Maybe another warning, and then, viola!

The diagram is interactive, so once you have it open, you can create your own diagrams by using your mouse to move around the balls, etc. Then reverse the process to 'Copy' from WEI and 'Paste' into a post of your own on the message board.

Pretty neat, huh?

Many thanks to MR Wei, who came up with this in about 2000...