On or off

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
This message is directed to SJD and John H.

Artie called me and asked me to find out if the partner game between us and John was on or off. He also wants to know if it's on is SJD going to bet 5K on John. So there you have it, are we on or off? Dick, are you going to bet 5K on John if we play? If everything is a go, how will the money arrangements be made? IMO these questions are necessary, if in fact there is going to be a game. I do understand Arties position on this, he says if there is no game, he won't make the trip to Galveston, but if both SJD and John agree to the game and amount of the bet (3K by John 5K from SJD) he will make his reservation to Galveston.

Myself I would like to play as I stated before, but it's not up to me at this point, it has to be decided by all four of us. I am referring to the partner game between Artie and me playing John even onepocket for the amount of 8 K minimum. A yes or no will suffice.

Artie is not trying to high roll anyone, he happens to be in a much higher income bracket than most. Betting $8,000 for him is like one of us betting $800, this is the same guy who has bet over a $100,000 on a single sporting game, often. Just thought I would mention that.

I would like to know also , so I can sort things out with the scheduling of my commitments.

Billy I. < a slow horse in this race

Last edited:

SJDinPHX

Suspended
wincardona said:

Artie called me and asked me to find out if the partner game between us and John was on or off. He also wants to know if it's on is SJD going to bet 5K on John. So there you have it, are we on or off? Dick, are you going to bet 5K on John if we play? If everything is a go, how will the money arrangements be made? IMO these questions are necessary, if in fact there is going to be a game. I do understand Arties position on this, he says if there is no game, he won't make the trip to Galveston, but if both SJD and John agree to the game and amount of the bet (3K by John 5K from SJD) he will make his reservation to Galveston.

Myself I would like to play as I stated before, but it's not up to me at this point, it has to be decided by all four of us. I am referring to the partner game between Artie and me playing John even onepocket for the amount of 8 K minimum. A yes or no will suffice.

Artie is not trying to high roll anyone, he happens to be in a much higher income bracket than most. Betting $8,000 for him is like one of us betting $800, this is the same guy who has bet over a $100,000 on a single sporting game, often. Just thought I would mention that.

I would like to know also , so I can sort things out with the scheduling of my commitments.

Billy,

No a simple YES or NO will not do...you research the God Damn threads this time.

I clearly stated MORE than once, to the F-ing Slate head...That I would send 5K with John, to bet AS HE SEE'S FIT. with Artie.

It is a one way street trying to talk to you guy's. I talk, its like I'm invisible, He cranks up and rants, and Im expected to listen INTENTLY to that F-ing jibberish.

I would not hang in there with all this crap.,If it were anyone but John.

Dick <--Ignore this post, and I will be NO horse in the race.

Last edited:

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
calm down

calm down

SJDinPHX said:
Billy,

No a simple YES or NO will not do...you research the God Damn threads this time.

I clearly stated MORE than once, to the F-ing Slate head...That I would send 5K with John, to bet AS HE SEE'S FIT. with Artie.

It is a one way street trying to talk to you guy's. I talk, its like I'm invisible, He cranks up and rants, and Im expected to listen INTENTLY to that F-ing jibberish.

Dick <--Ignore this post...I will be NO horse in the race.
There is no reason to get upset, as you seem to be getting. Communication between certain people, at times can be difficult, as was evidenced in my last 2 marriages. That's why I intervened as a spokesperson speaking for Artie.

Maybe i'm missing something, correct me if I am, but sending money with John to bet as he seems fit with Artie? Is that the same as sending money to bet as he seems fit, only playing Artie? My questions were easily interpreted , even a slatehead could understand them. Thats why I said a yes or no would suffice. And you also mentioned you guy's, which I assumed you were referring to me as well. Once again i'm only a horse in the race, trying to put together a match that all parties seem interested in playing, no need for any insults please. Sorry if i misinterpreted your answer.

Billy I < will play with or without Artie:)

SJDinPHX

Suspended
wincardona said:
There is no reason to get upset, as you seem to be getting. Communication between certain people, at times can be difficult, as was evidenced in my last 2 marriages. That's why I intervened as a spokesperson speaking for Artie.

Maybe i'm missing something, correct me if I am, but sending money with John to bet as he seems fit with Artie? Is that the same as sending money to bet as he seems fit, only playing Artie? My questions were easily interpreted , even a slatehead could understand them. Thats why I said a yes or no would suffice. And you also mentioned you guy's, which I assumed you were referring to me as well. Once again i'm only a horse in the race, trying to put together a match that all parties seem interested in playing, no need for any insults please. Sorry if i misinterpreted your answer.

Billy I < will play with or without Artie:)

Billy, If I ever insult you, you will know it. I only insult people who insult me, or my intelligence.

Deal with John from now on...leave me out of it. I will send, what I WANT to send, WHEN I want to send it
I cannot communicate ANYTHING to AB...even with your help. Thats what I meant by "you guy's"

And you are right...I am more than upset.

Dick <---didn't have enough going for him these day's...so he decided to total his car this week-end.... Have a nice F-ing day.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
wincardona said:

John yes for 3k, SJD no for 5k. Billy, if you went through the posts, there was a challenge from me to play Artie for $5,000, responding to his post looking for more than one game so he might come to Galveston if he could get a little action. I also suggested I would play the partner game he also asked about, as my own partner. Dick offered to bet $5,000 on a heads up game between Artie & me. In a later post Artie said we could play the partner game for $3,000 or $5,000 but he never intended to play the heads up game. His posts over & over again sounded to me like he would play heads up. When it was clear he wouldn't play heads up and I said I was willing to play the partner game for $3,000, he went off the air again with his insulting BS and even dragged the Ghost into the conversation.

All I tried to do was give him a little action he was looking for. You know I'm no world beater but I will get up and play. Of course I think I can win or I wouldn't be answering the challenge. I think the partner game is a tough game but would try it for $3,000.

I'm there from the 10th to the 16th and will play in the one pocket tournament. You & I are reasonable people and with or without Artie can probably work something out and play some.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
jrhendy said:
John yes for 3k, SJD no for 5k. Billy, if you went through the posts, there was a challenge from me to play Artie for $5,000, responding to his post looking for more than one game so he might come to Galveston if he could get a little action. I also suggested I would play the partner game he also asked about, as my own partner. Dick offered to bet $5,000 on a heads up game between Artie & me. In a later post Artie said we could play the partner game for $3,000 or $5,000 but he never intended to play the heads up game. His posts over & over again sounded to me like he would play heads up. When it was clear he wouldn't play heads up and I said I was willing to play the partner game for $3,000, he went off the air again with his insulting BS and even dragged the Ghost into the conversation.

All I tried to do was give him a little action he was looking for. You know I'm no world beater but I will get up and play. Of course I think I can win or I wouldn't be answering the challenge. I think the partner game is a tough game but would try it for $3,000.

I'm there from the 10th to the 16th and will play in the one pocket tournament. You & I are reasonable people and with or without Artie can probably work something out and play some.
Is Dick going to bet on the partner game? Our game was always a partners game and it was your Idea. You made the game. And If Dick does not want to bet on the partners game. Then I will waite for him to play me for ten thousand dollaers . When he is ready to play. And Its a shame we could have played a nice partners game jrhendy and Dick against Billy and me. But thats not possable sice Dick can not make it thier. Dick are you going to bet on the parners game wioth Billy and me against jehendy. If not let me know. And we will waite for my game with Dick. I have waited over two monthes already and waiting seems to be my best game. Its up to you what you want to do. I am not going to play a partners game for only 3 thousand dollaers. You can amuse each other for whatever you want to do. I thought you wanted to gamble. I sure wanted to see who was going to win. After all that coversation. I guess its all talk. I hope thier is a game. If not thanks for talking to me.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
i definitely should not stick my nose where it doesnt belong. BUT if $3000 isnt enough to be worth anyones while then you guys should wear out the pm button among each other until somthing gets done then post it and tell us sort of like a boxing match it doesnt get negotiated in the press they tell when were and for how much its going down

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
lll said:
i definitely should not stick my nose where it doesnt belong. BUT if $3000 isnt enough to be worth anyones while then you guys should wear out the pm button among each other until somthing gets done then post it and tell us sort of like a boxing match it doesnt get negotiated in the press they tell when were and for how much its going down
Your post makes sense, Larry. Based solely upon what has been written in these threads, it looks to me like John, Dick, and Billy are honestly wanting to get some action going. I'm convinced that Artie never did.

He spent a lot of time chest beating. But then, when offered a fair game, or someone accepted a game Artie offered, he either: changed the subject, changed the offer, tried to confuse the issues, or tried to high roll. These tactics have probably worked for him in the past. But against seasoned players, as these three are, he's not likely to be able to convince them that in order to play, he must have the lock-down Hungarian nuts.;)

I'd like to see Artie play, but I don't believe he's going to.

Doc

SJDinPHX

Suspended
SJDinPHX said:
Billy,

Dick <--Ignore this post, and I will be NO horse in the race.

Clarification needed! My sentence in the above post, originally read;

"Dick <--Ignore this post....I will be NO horse in the race"

Poor choice of words on my part...I corrected it somewhat by including "and" in there.
What I was trying to impart was simply this;

I was saying IF you ignore what I'm saying in this post, as has been done in the past....then I would not participate in anything at all.

Just got off the phone with John H. and all is straight now. My cash will be in play, we all have cell phones, and all I have to say is..Yea or Nay !!!

The hold-up seems to be WHICH game, and for HOW MUCH ????

That part of this confusing clusterf--k.. I did NOT start. It is however, all still on here in black and white. (and a whole lotta gray BS)

Billy, This could be put to bed by phone or PM you know.... Its actually getting a little embarassing. (or it would be, but its not POSSIBLE to embarrass ONE of this group.)

Last edited:

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Artie Bodendorfer said:
Is Dick going to bet on the partner game? Our game was always a partners game and it was your Idea. You made the game. And If Dick does not want to bet on the partners game. Then I will waite for him to play me for ten thousand dollaers . When he is ready to play. And Its a shame we could have played a nice partners game jrhendy and Dick against Billy and me. But thats not possable sice Dick can not make it thier. Dick are you going to bet on the parners game wioth Billy and me against jehendy. If not let me know. And we will waite for my game with Dick. I have waited over two monthes already and waiting seems to be my best game. Its up to you what you want to do. I am not going to play a partners game for only 3 thousand dollaers. You can amuse each other for whatever you want to do. I thought you wanted to gamble. I sure wanted to see who was going to win. After all that coversation. I guess its all talk. I hope thier is a game. If not thanks for talking to me.

I would have played you heads up for $5,000 and/or a partners match against you & Billy for $3,000. If s3,000 isn't enough for you to come, that's ok. I won't have trouble finding any games.

lfigueroa

Verified Member
Reading through this (and related) thread(s) has been like watching an old Three Stooges reel.

Lou Figueroa
just trying to figure out
which one is Curly

Fatboy

Verified Member
From
Vegas & LA
i just hope there is a game, if there is my window will be open(not very wide) and i will probably show up and watch(if I can).

I really hope you guys get it fiugured out, you all might need $3000 worth of tranqualizers just to get right after all this discussion;)

best of luck to everyone,

eric

Billy, I like you comment about communication and marriage, your very wise.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Fatboy said:
i just hope there is a game, if there is my window will be open(not very wide) and i will probably show up and watch(if I can).

I really hope you guys get it fiugured out, you all might need $3000 worth of tranqualizers just to get right after all this discussion;)

best of luck to everyone,

eric

Billy, I like you comment about communication and marriage, your very wise.
WE will play a partner game Billy and me against John for 8 thousand dollaers 3 or 4 games ahead thats the game. And I am sure everyone can understand it. Do we have a game yes or no. Its not best off luck to everyone. Its is thier a game or not? And this is the game john wanted and made. Emagine if I made the game do you think they would play the game I wanted to play. Well we are playing your game the partner game you wanted and you made it. Eric I will take a bet and give 6 to 5 thier is no game.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Artie Bodendorfer said:
WE will play a partner game Billy and me against John for 8 thousand dollaers 3 or 4 games ahead thats the game. And I am sure everyone can understand it. Do we have a game yes or no. Its not best off luck to everyone. Its is thier a game or not? And this is the game john wanted and made. Emagine if I made the game do you think they would play the game I wanted to play. Well we are playing your game the partner game you wanted and you made it. Eric I will take a bet and give 6 to 5 thier is no game.

Once again Artie, you have plowed ahead with your "Carney BS", as if you never even read anybody elses posts.
You can read...can't you ?

You were smart enough to let your laywer's speak for you, when you got in trouble. Why can't you STFU and let Billy speak for you in these small-time negotiations, over a simple pool game...that YOU like to keep making complicated.

You do not even deserve a response.

Last edited:

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
Damn Funsies Players!

Damn Funsies Players!

I hope those $100,000 lessons do not touch on the art of game-making. (The art of making someone want to play you, not matching up ball wise so you got the nuts)

Here's the lowdown from my place in the stands.....

Sikealogicklee speaking, I don't think the "You guys are just funsies players, if you want to play for $2, just let me know and I won't come, You call yourselves a player? You got no gamble... I just don't think that's working. Obviously, the rant that got deleted didn't help much either. C'mon, this isn't going to work on seasoned players that have been on this earth for 70 years. Your actually knocking your own action, I believe. Meaning, it appears like your driving them to not want to play you because of the things you say. (hmmm... maybe.....)

The better approach, would be to use what got this going in the first place. Use the "I'm the greatest, smartest one pocket player that has ever picked up a cue since the beginning of time" line. I've never booked a loser in my whole life and I"ve played everyone. I can do anything better than you. That's what's going to get under there skin (BTW, there has been no shortage of those diatribes) Tell them, how every shot they shoot on the WEI table is wrong, how you haven't played in 25 years.... I think that would work best.

What do the other people think? What is the best method Artie should use to get a game? What do you think would get the juices flowing for everyone to want to get up and make a game? What would it take to even get under Freddy or Billy's skin to make them want to play Artie? Just hipeotheticklee, of course. Let's get some input on what method would be the most effective. Let's hear some opinions on what is the best method for Artie to get anyone to want to play him.

Understand though, your information would be given freely.

Last edited:

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
CaliRed said:
I hope those $100,000 lessons do not touch on the art of game-making. (The art of making someone want to play you, not matching up ball wise so you got the nuts)

Sikealogicklee speaking, I don't think the "You guys are just funsies players, if you want to play for $2, just let me know and I won't come, You call yourselves a player? You got no gamble... I just don't think that's working. Obviously, the rant that got deleted didn't help much either. C'mon, this isn't going to work on seasoned players that have been on this earth for 70 years. Your actually knocking your own action, I believe. Meaning, it appears like your driving them to not want to play you because of the things you say. (hmmm... maybe.....)

The better approach, would be to use what got this going in the first place. Use the "I'm the greatest, smartest one pocket player that has ever picked up a cue since the beginning of time" line. I've never booked a loser in my whole life and I"ve played everyone. I can do anything better than you. That's what's going to get under there skin (BTW, there has been no shortage of those diatribes) Tell them, how every shot they shoot on the WEI table is wrong, how you haven't played in 25 years.... I think that would work best.

What do the other people think? What is the best method Artie should use to get a game? What do you think would get the juices flowing for everyone to want to get up and make a game? What would it take to even get under Freddy or Billy's skin to make them want to play Artie? Just hipeotheticklee, of course. Let's get some input on what method would be the most effective. Let's hear some opinions on what is the best method for Artie to get anyone to want to play him.

I think you've missed the point Artie doesn't want to play, thats why all the BS.
Rod.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
lfigueroa said:
Reading through this (and related) thread(s) has been like watching an old Three Stooges reel.

Lou Figueroa
just trying to figure out
which one is Curly

YUK>>>YUK>>>YUK I feel like this guy.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
CaliRed said:

FROM JR HENDY: He (Artie) has always said it was all about the $$ and I don't think the great pontificator could stand playing and maybe losing to a 70 year old nobody. Like Doc said, he won't play without the Hungarian nuts. He obviously doesn't think he has them in a head up game.

As far as the partner game, I flat out have a little the worst of it but would play for $3,000. I am challenging myself to play two of the smartest players/gamblers in pool and see how I do.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
jrhendy said:
YUK>>>YUK>>>YUK I feel like this guy.

I think it's obvious you are NOT your avatar,... in this group..:D

I think Lou knew who it was, when he made the "3 Stooge's" crack..:eek:

(he obviously meant the Ghost).............pop!

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
SJDinPHX said:
I think it's obvious you are NOT your avatar

(he obviously meant the Ghost).............pop!

How could I be...:rolleyes:...when I'm not one of the three he's referring to that are trying to make a game...that would be you, John, and Artie....:rolleyes:

- Jasper

PS, I enjoy you needling me, but please make it applicable at least...I realize witty is too much to expect.....:cool:

Last edited: