OK, try this

TomRoden

Verified Member
We're in a furious match, playing on a Gold Crown IV, you're up 7-6. I just missed and left you a shot.
Freeze the one on the short rail 1/2 inch out of my pocket.
Freeze the cue ball to the 1 on your side of it so that both balls are frozen to each other and frozen to the rail.
Now, freeze the 2(your money ball) to the same rail one diamond away from the cue ball. You are now shooting the 2 straight into your pocket and you should be jacked up over the 1.

I bet you miss.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
We're in a furious match, playing on a Gold Crown IV, you're up 7-6. I just missed and left you a shot.
Freeze the cue ball to the 1 on your side of it so that both balls are frozen to each other and frozen to the rail.
Now, freeze the 2(your money ball) to the same rail one diamond away from the cue ball. You are now shooting the 2 straight into your pocket and you should be jacked up over the 1.

I bet you miss.

Is this it ?
Rod.

Attachments

• ScreenShot005.jpg
    ScreenShot005.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 0

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan

I bet you miss.

that looks like what I described. Yup.

What amount do you want to bet?

RBL

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
one born every minute?

one born every minute?

I bet you miss.

I bet I don't.
:D

I'll set it up later this afternoon and see....
If I do make it (which I will), I'll tell you how I did it via PM.
If I can't make it - I'll most certainly figure it out.

John Brumback

Verified Member
I bet I don't.

I'll set it up later this afternoon and see....
If I do make it (which I will), I'll tell you how I did it via PM.
If I can't make it - I'll most certainly figure it out.

key word is spit;) JB

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
I don't have my table set up but
it sure looks like an old trick shot I remember.
Try lining up like you are going to shoot the 2 straight in , then jack up about 30 degrees and shoot the forward side of the cueball , so that it goes back into the one first then caroms or draws into the 2 and makes it.

Last edited:

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
i used to know a lot of these proposition shots, years gone by and brain cells depleted can't remember all them....

i think the bank pool catfisherman king is talking about one of those shots where you lick your finger and wipe it on the rail.

i'm so god damn good :eek:, don't need it.... made it on my second try and after that about 50% chance. :cool:

straightback

Verified Member
From
owensboro, ky
Considering that wet cloth on rails tends to be grabby, it seems like moisture would not help you if you slightly missed the shot. However, it might be different if it was wet to the touch. Gonna try this out on my table and see what's up - it's not often I am introduced to a prop shot I've never seen...

Kinda reminds of that bs Archer would pull where he had to shoot up the rail and past a pocket with a protruding point.