Pics of The Beard?

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Damn if he didn't look like Ron "Opie" Howard!

And what about that old saying, "Men don't make passes at girls who wear glasses"? 'Course Grady was always an old horn dog.:cool:

~Doc

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
im not familiar with sammy jones.....:eek:
how about a story or 2??:D

Larry...I'll tell you about one good move that he made..;)...

He snatched up/married a young, very cute and talented pool player by the name of Loree Jon Ogonowski, better known as.....Loree Jon Jones.

- Ghost

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
You would (no pun) notice.

If you lived and played in his pool room over forty years ago his ways Rubbed off on you and everyone around this energetic twenty year old man that LIVED and Thrived for Action Every Day. Grady loved the ladies and his life was, pool, women and trying to find his next love. Did you read his book?

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
I dug this photo out of my archives.

Does anyone recognize the stroke on this guy!

The Eddie Lobe cue isn't bad looking either :)

View attachment 11845

I just remembered, I may have posted this before!

Getting OLD, what a joke!

Last edited:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown

Does anyone recognize the stroke on this guy!

The Eddie Lobe cue isn't bad looking either :)

View attachment 11845

I just remembered, I may have posted this before!

Getting OLD, what a joke!

And 42 yrs. later I've still got that fancy Laube cue - still in mint cond....about 15 yrs. ago homeboy Joey Gold (Cognoscenti cues) offered me $2,000 for it, but I declined.

- Ghost

PS, Strangely enough, back then I played more 3cushion then I did One Pocket.

PPS, I gambled with Artie on that same table back then, but I know he doesn't remember.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Pics of The Beard?

And 42 yrs. later I've still got that fancy Laube cue - still in mint cond....about 15 yrs. ago homeboy Joey Gold (Cognoscenti cues) offered me $2,000 for it, but I declined.

- Ghost

PS, Strangely enough, back then I played more 3cushion then I did One Pocket.

PPS, I gambled with Artie on that same table back then, but I know he doesn't remember.

That's you ghost? Great pic Bill. Look at the woman on the bench... Doing time. Good woman there.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Does anyone recognize the stroke on this guy! The Eddie Lobe cue isn't bad looking either :)

I just remembered, I may have posted this before! Getting OLD, what a joke!
That's alright, Bill. At least you caught the Ghost apparently taking the right shot!:D

~Doc

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
That's you ghost? Great pic Bill. Look at the woman on the bench... Doing time. Good woman there.

That be's me Mitch..playing in a BCA 3cushion tournament...and that pic was taken down in the infamous dungeon - Bensinger's Billiard Academy.

- Ghost

PS, And Mitch...as for that young lady sitting there sweating my game that you mentioned...she was the love of my life for about 8 years back then - a sweet Italian girl from the hood - she had the kindness, heart and soul of a hospice nurse, and the face and body of a Playboy centerfold - it doesn't get any better than that combination.

Last edited:

Deeman

Verified Member
That be's me Mitch..playing in a BCA 3cushion tournament...and that pic was taken down in the infamous dungeon - Bensinger's Billiard Academy.

- Ghost

PS, And Mitch...as for that young lady sitting there sweating my game that you mentioned...she was the love of my life for about 8 years back then - a sweet Italian girl from the hood - she had the kindness, heart and soul of a hospice nurse, and the face and body of a Playboy centerfold - it doesn't get any better than that combination.

Of course, you made the point in this shot, right? :)

Great photo, great table as well.