Our last gallery of pool photos was just uploaded – take a look!

BillPorter

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I’m a bit sad to say that I just finished uploading what may be our final pool photos gallery on Smugmug. The gallery contains images from the 1984-1985 Clyde Childress Memorial tournaments. Players in these shots include Lori Jon Jones, Jimmy Reid, Buddy Hall, Jay Swanson, Allen Hopkins, David Howard, Ewa Mataya Laurance, Gary Speath, and Terry Bell. There are a few other characters in the gallery as well. While I’m relieved to be done with scanning negatives, at least for a while, I’m sorry that we are just about out of new photos to share with you guys.

I want to take this opportunity to thank all of you who have helped us identify people in our photographs. And I’d also like to express my gratitude to those of you who have left us some compliments on the galleries.

Work on these pool photo galleries will continue over the next several months, but it will be mostly tweaking and re-scanning to improve image quality. We will probably add a few more images to our “Miscellaneous” gallery and we are thinking of putting up a gallery of images taken at Clicks pool hall in Dallas. Mike Haines, a Dallas resident and my partner in pool photography, has a collection of shots taken at Clicks that may be of interest to Dallas players if no one else.

So here’s the link for that last gallery. I hope you enjoy the pics! http://billporter.smugmug.com/gallery/1665625

tylerdurden

Verified Member
Those are truly great in my opinion. The first one of Hopkins is just amazing. The other standouts were the Loree Jon Jones.... both, but I really like the lighting on the one where she is down on her shot. Great stuff from a time that seems near somehow, yet almost lost in a way too.