anybody, 1-15

sidepocketkid

Verified Member
back in the 70s we use to play 1 -15 4 handed. anybody remember the rules for this game? you could shoot the lowest or the highest ball on the table, whoever made the 1 and the 15 were partners.
cant remember the exact rules.
anybody..

Mike

Verified Member
We always played it where the 1 and 5 were partners. No safes were played and preference on a snookered shot. If you ran the table everyone paid you otherwise partners with the highest ball total won.

sidepocketkid

Verified Member
We always played it where the 1 and 5 were partners. No safes were played and preference on a snookered shot. If you ran the table everyone paid you otherwise partners with the highest ball total won.

how did they rack

sidepocketkid

Verified Member

was there a penalty for scratches

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
I played a lot of 1 and 9 partners in the 60's. If the same guy makes the 1 & 9 the next stripe made is his partner. If one guy gets sixty one points, he gets paid by the other three players. We called it a birthday.:)
Great game and steady and solid action. We played everyday.
Rod.
P.S. No penalty's, no special rules. We played try to hit it. Regular rack for rotation.

Mike

Verified Member
how did they rack

One ball up front 13, 14, 15 in the middle of the rack. No penalty for scratches with the lowest numbered ball spotted after a scratch if it is behind
the line. The way we played there were no other pay balls--winning team was determined by ball points just like rotation. Don't know of any rule book but with games like this whatever you all agree upon is up to you. Use this as a guideline to get started. Good game in that it spreads the better player around.

PS Great game for the room owner since it puts 4 players on the table time.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
I played a lot of 1 and 9 partners in the 60's. If the same guy makes the 1 & 9 the next stripe made is his partner. If one guy gets sixty one points, he gets paid by the other three players. We called it a birthday.:)
Rod.
P.S. No penalty's, no special rules. We played try to hit it. Regular rack for rotation.

We use to play it exactly the same way that Rod did.

- Ghost

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Rod.

I played that way too, many, many years ago. I must of been in my teens when I played that way, wow.

We also played pill pool, we all took 2 pills from the pill bottle, and at any time in the game if both your pills were pocketed you were the winner. The way the game was played was you could start from either the highest ball on the table , or the lowest ball on the table, or the 8 ball. After the 8 ball was pocketed you could go either to the 9 ball, or down to the 7 ball. The same with the 1 ball next to the 2 ball and also from the 15 ball to the 14 ball. No matter what player pocketed the winning ball if your two balls are gone you win. The best pills were like the 8 ball and either the 1 ball or 15 ball. That's when palming the pills was popular, every where except Chicago.

Billy I.

sidepocketkid

Verified Member

are you sure, we tried the 1 and 5 partners and the game was flawed.
many times there would not be enough points left on the table for you to win.
same with the 1-9 partners.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
are you sure, we tried the 1 and 5 partners and the game was flawed.
many times there would not be enough points left on the table for you to win.
same with the 1-9 partners.

We also played 1 and 5 were partners..SP...I don't see what you mean about "not enough points left" ?...Practically the whole game is left on the table.(unless there has been a whole lot of slopped balls)

I have played 1 and 9...but whoever is lucky enough to get on the 9, quite often runs out...(only 6 or less, balls left to run)
..Its usually 'game over' !

Last edited:

sidepocketkid

Verified Member
We also played 1 and 5 were partners..SP...I don't see what you mean about "not enough points left" ?...Practically the whole game is left on the table.(unless there has been a whole lot of slopped balls)

I have played 1 and 9...but whoever is lucky enough to get on the 9, quite often runs out...(only 5 or less balls left)..Its usually 'game over' !

the high ball or the low ball is always in play, if you make the 1 2 3 4 and somebody else makes the 15 14 13 12 11 10 the next guy shoots the 5 6 7 8 9 cant win. you see what im saying. the 1 and the 15 have to be partners right?

sidepocketkid

Verified Member
we played 4 handed last night $2 a man 1 and 15 partners, if you make the 1 and 15 you play the other 3 guys, you shoot then one of them shoot then you shoot.
fun game.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
we played 4 handed last night $2 a man 1 and 15 partners, if you make the 1 and 15 you play the other 3 guys, you shoot then one of them shoot then you shoot.
fun game.

Mr. Sidepocket,

We only played it 'straight rotation'..We did not play you could shoot at the 15 and go backwards...I think thats where the confusion is...Your way sounds a little 'helter-skelter', (no wonder you are seeking rules)..but I guess it could be fun..(for $2 a game :))

I think Rod, Ghost, and Billy also played the same way....You shoot at the lowest ball on the table, as all rotation games are played.. Of course, making combo's on the big stripes, were always a big help..:cool:

PS..You can see now why determining your partner early in the game makes more sense...You also draw pills for the shooting order before each game...That only changes when partners are determined.

Last edited: