DCC 1p Finals

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
wow, congrats to Alex for the repeat win! I didn't get to watch any of his matches while I was down there but he must have been playing good to knock it off again!

straightback

Verified Member
From
owensboro, ky
Wow, Neils has *really* acquired a strong understanding of what it takes to win at the highest level quite quickly! His match with Efren was the best I saw. He had chances to win against Alex in the finals. His cue ball control and grinding/patience stood out.

Shaw's semifinal game effort against Neils was one of the dumbest, laziest performances I've seen in late round action. One game he sold out three times with three extremely ill-advised, overaggressive shots. He seemed to have a lackadaisacal attitude and I can see others' point that he needs to mature a bit. Perhaps he was happy just getting deep as he will definitely be in contention with Alex for the All-Around.

Last edited:

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Wow, Neils has *really* acquired a strong understanding of what it takes to win at the highest level quite quickly! His match with Efren was the best I saw. He had chances to win against Alex in the finals. His cue ball control and grinding/patience stood out.

Shaw's semifinal game effort against Neils was one of the dumbest, laziest performances I've seen in late round action. One game he sold out three times with three extremely ill-advised, oversggressive shots. He seemed to have a lackadaisacal attitude and I can others' point that he needs to mature a bit. Perhaps he was happy just getting deep as he will definitely be in contention with Alex for the All-Around.

I agree that Shaw threw away $30K with just stupid play. I dont think Neils had a chance after the first game. Once Alex gets into his one pocket mode, he is just tougher than nails and it has showed the past two years.:lol