Official Welcome Shannon Daulton thread

newfosgatesucks

Verified Member
I would just like to say that if the rumor is true, and the screen name S.D. is actually Shannon.....

A BIG WARM WELCOME!!!

You have been an inspiration for those learning the game and one of the most intelligently aggressive players to grace the game in its recent history. This must be an early Christmas Present!

Rodan

Verified Member
newfosgatesucks said:
I would just like to say that if the rumor is true, and the screen name S.D. is actually Shannon.....

A BIG WARM WELCOME!!!

You have been an inspiration for those learning the game and one of the most intelligently aggressive players to grace the game in its recent history. This must be an early Christmas Present!

He wasn't always so gracious. In the early 1980s he was bout sixteen, and already an accomplished player. His dad took him on the road and backed him against adults in bars as far west as Texas. They had an interesting sharking routine; when Shannon stepped way from the table, he and his dad would start shouting,aguing and calling each other names, while the poor
opponent tried to concentrate on his own game.When the opponent finished his inning, the arrogant young Shannon would step up and say' "you lose!" before running out.

Rodan <---- Witness to history.

Ktown

Verified Member
Rodan said:
He wasn't always so gracious. In the early 1980s he was bout sixteen, and already an accomplished player. His dad took him on the road and backed him against adults in bars as far west as Texas. They had an interesting sharking routine; when Shannon stepped way from the table, he and his dad would start shouting,aguing and calling each other names, while the poor
opponent tried to concentrate on his own game.When the opponent finished his inning, the arrogant young Shannon would step up and say' "you lose!" before running out.

Rodan <---- Witness to history.
And you are a troll who noone knows and are so jealous that you have to post childish crap like this to make yourself feel better.....it is pretty pathetic. It is not hard to see why more professional level players don't want to involve themselves in forums.

I find it ironic that you committed part of his youth to your memory and he probably couldn't pick you out of a police line-up. Therein lies the differences between wannabes and the people they wannabe.......:cool:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
The Cannon

The Cannon

I always liked the Doughboy. Remember trying to spot him a ball and the break at the Childress Lexington tourn. I think he was 15 at the time. He was betting pretty good even at that age.

Beard

We are good friends, so I would be more than happy to point out who the Duck is to him. But then I ask myself, "Why would he even want to know?"

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Ktown said:
And you are a troll who noone knows and are so jealous that you have to post childish crap like this to make yourself feel better.....it is pretty pathetic. It is not hard to see why more professional level players don't want to involve themselves in forums.

I find it ironic that you committed part of his youth to your memory and he probably couldn't pick you out of a police line-up. Therein lies the differences between wannabes and the people they wannabe.......:cool:
When we get older, we have a lot of memories, and there's nothing wrong with that. Shannon himself probably remembers scenes similar to this, if not this. I don't think anything was intended to offend... our memories are something we take pride in -- until we get too damn old and even they fail :)

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Ktown said:

We who know Shannon can appreciate Rodan's memory of a young arrogant soon to be champion. You have to admit..he was a pistol..Those were the days, we loved Shannon back then, and we still do. Today Shannon is not only a champion, but a well respected person as well, but you can't deny that he was a pistol.:D

Billy I.

Terry Ardeno

Verified Member
From
Washington, Pa
fred bentivegna said:
I always liked the Doughboy. Remember trying to spot him a ball and the break at the Childress Lexington tourn. I think he was 15 at the time. He was betting pretty good even at that age.

Beard

We are good friends, so I would be more than happy to point out who the Duck is to him. But then I ask myself, "Why would he even want to know?"

And that's (....he was 15 at the time") why he should have been eligible for the H.O.F. ballot long ago. I will always regret that he was made to wait just because he started gambling so young.

This site puffs and promotes, even extols gambling prowness. That SD was penalized by having to wait so long is something that still kind of bothers me. But other than that, this is a great site.

And Steve, I always make sure to point out how grateful I am for your work, love & dedication to 1P.org. Don't hold it against me that I'm a little miffed over Shannon getting held back several years now.

Ktown, very good post. +1 from me as well.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
fred bentivegna said:

Beard

You keep baiting me like this, then you get all pouty, and blow up when I respond...Won't you ever learn ???

Well, of course you're "good friends" with him...After all, he's a top player... And why am I not surprised you pounced on him, while he was still teething..:rolleyes:

I have probably played more a lot more 1 Pocket with him, than you have..Only difference being,...I waited for him to mature...I was in my 60's, and he was in his prime..
I don't want to "woof" (as you call it :rolleyes:)...so I'll let him tell you the games, and the outcome. Or, we can check it out with him at DCC.... But then "Why would you even want to know" ?

I hope he does become a regular here, along with Cotton...It will be interesting to see how they came to be added to your infamous...dare I say, "Beat List"..:confused:

DickDuck <---Loves it when Fred "sets 'em up" for him...(but that was a little too easy..:p)

PS..What was it Lincoln said..."You can fool all of the people, some of the time, and some of the people, all of the time. But,".....Well, you know the rest.

Last edited:

newfosgatesucks

Verified Member
Rodan:

He was playing at THEIR room on THEIR table around THEIR friends and Paying travel expenses and for hotels and risking being mugged in every town and you say that He found a way to turn the settings and circumstance around so it was neutral? Wow, that seems smart. You just made me like him more!
Ya start out 100 in the hole(Gas, food, room), know that if you make 200 a day you are breaking even, after time, and lose your action. Thats the road, man, that was his game then and guess what? He overcame those obstacles and then went on to show he was a respectable yet feared opponent to the likes of even Joyner and Reyes.

That scenario and persona was a job. A job he had to endure. A job he had to not ever take for granted or put less than a full effort into. TORTURE, HELL! And he did it well. ALL SO HE COULD PROGRESS INTO WHAT HE DREAMEED OF BEING.

Do you ever put less than full effort at your job? I have mine. That is why the champions have my full repect.

I hope that reads unabrasively...

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
Welcome

Welcome

SD,
Welcome to the site... look forward to your comments on some of Dennis's what should I do posts...

The kick back under the ball safety on reyes in galveston was excellent to get out of a trap...:cool:

Don't pay any attention to the "flame-wars", all of the information is usually pretty good... :D Maybe not for your level but definitely at mine...

B

Gerry

Verified Member
From
S.E. PA.
Being a lefty I always like to watch Shannon play 1P. He has the mix of old school and super aggressive that makes it hard to beat!

I also like that He Promotes, and offers free streams for the tourneys that he runs. Way to go man! Thats what I call giving back.

Gerry

Ktown

Verified Member
wincardona said:
We who know Shannon can appreciate Rodan's memory of a young arrogant soon to be champion. You have to admit..he was a pistol..Those were the days, we loved Shannon back then, and we still do. Today Shannon is not only a champion, but a well respected person as well, but you can't deny that he was a pistol.:D

Billy I.
I won't even try to argue that he was not what you call a pistol......he may have been more of a shotgun.:)

That was, in a roundabout way, why it seemed so silly to me for the comment to be made when it was or even at all. Why bring up someone's chilhood antics out of the blue? I was a kid once and I promise you, I don't care for people bringing up some of the things I did in front of crowds. Bottom line, we have all done things we may not be the proudest of when we were young but how long should we be judged on that? 1 year, 10, 20+?

I can appreciate how SD could have rubbed people the wrong way back when. First time I met him I thought he was the cockiest dude in the world and didn't try or care to associate with him.....the older version is a good friend of mine.

I don't mean to come off as carrying the flag for him, he is a grown man and has no trouble speaking for himself, but I just didn't see the point of someone going out of there way to piss a guy off before he makes his first post.

corpse

this gets old

this gets old

SJDinPHX said:
Well, of course you're "good friends" with him...After all, he's a top player... And why am I not surprised you pounced on him, while he was still teething..:rolleyes:

I have probably played more a lot more 1 Pocket with him, than you have..Only difference being,...I waited for him to mature...I was in my 60's, and he was in his prime..
I don't want to "woof" (as you call it :rolleyes:)...so I'll let him tell you the games, and the outcome. Or, we can check it out with him at DCC.... But then "Why would you even want to know" ?

I hope he does become a regular here, along with Cotton...It will be interesting to see how they came to be added to your infamous...dare I say, "Beat List"..:confused:

DickDuck <---Loves it when Fred "sets 'em up" for him...(but that was a little too easy..:p)

PS..What was it Lincoln said..."You can fool all of the people, some of the time, and some of the people, all of the time. But,".....Well, you know the rest.
seriously we cant even one post that doesnt turn into a pissing match I dont no either of you but this is worse than dealing with my 9 year old twins they fight and argue less than 2 ADULTS Grow up, fight each other but please stop turning every thread into your own personal war while i cant speak for everyone here im sure most of them would be happy

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Ktown said:

Ktown,

Rodan is not a troll, he's a respected member of this forum as far as I'm concerned. I don't think it was proper to write his post in a welcome thread but what's done is done.

Shannon traveled the country at 15-16 yrs. old and bet thousands with everybody, I'm sure he made mistakes of youth like we all have. I don't think Rodan attacked him or anything, he just told a story of something he saw himself. I'm sure Shannon can just say "yes it's true, I'm not proud of it, let's move on from here". Then the matter will drop, I'm sure.

People are going to ask questions of top players when they are here and some unsavory things may sometimes come up, but our nature here is not to attack players, it is to welcome them to the site and I hope that Shannon feels welcome here.

P.S. You are correct when you say that Shannon can speak for himself.

Dennis

Last edited:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
corpse said:
seriously we cant even one post that doesnt turn into a pissing match I dont no either of you but this is worse than dealing with my 9 year old twins they fight and argue less than 2 ADULTS Grow up, fight each other but please stop turning every thread into your own personal war while i cant speak for everyone here im sure most of them would be happy
corpse,

That pretty much sums up my feelings on it too.

Dennis

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
No more pouty -- just attack mode

No more pouty -- just attack mode

SJDinPHX said:

Still trying to get some evidence on me. 3 years and still no case. Go for it. I know Cotton since the 70s. I played Shannon dead even 1pkt for 100$ at the Billiard Cafe right after he had won a major 1pkt event -- he was hardly teething. Incidentally, how many balls did he spot you?

What will be "interesting" is you making a fool out of yourself asking the players dumb questions. Let me know when you are going to be a little busybody c*nt and interrogate them. I want to record it and play it back on the forums.

I am no longer pouty over your drech remarks. I got tired of being on the defensive with you. Its all offense from now on as you may have already noticed. From now on I am going to question anything that you say, to anybody, plus knock you, and confound you whenever I can.

Anxiously awaiting more of your brilliant insights into making games and strategy, like that "...when spotting someone, spotting one is just the same as spotting two...Sometimes it's good and sometimes its bad." Jeez what an embarassing conclusion to put forth.

I noticed that you are very careful about registering any opinions whatsoever on anything pool-smarts related, aside from just automatically disagreeing with me and the Ghost. You are very reluctant to leave your near empty pool brain open for an objective accounting.

Beard

oldspurguy

Verified Member
From
Beaumont, Texas
corpse said:

Damn, SJD, now you and Freddie are waking up the dead!!:eek:

corpse

outa here

outa here

oldspurguy said:
Damn, SJD, now you and Freddie are waking up the dead!!:eek:
lol ur right this neverending pissing match has woke me up to the fact that i need to spend my time elsewhere was really excited when i heard about this site especially since i just recently started playing more one pocket but it turned out to be less about the game and more about their personal war its a shame if someone can tell me how to ignore them and anything about them let me know untill then im outa here

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
I am in total agreement

I am in total agreement

corpse said:

...Even tho I have a hunch that you are some kind of a shill -- for I dont know who -- based on your one and only post, I am in total agreement with your complaint. Unfortunately, I cant help myself, and I am now set on full go. I wish I could just ignore him, but with my personality that is impossible. I tried many peace agreements with my opponent, but he's like the North Koreans, his word and agreements are just pure doodoo, so I am going to do to him what we should have done with them and that is to go on the attack and nuke him figuratively.

Beard

On the plus side, if you are real and have any pertinent 1pkt queries I would be glad to answer any of your PM's. I am only a jagoff when it comes to Him.