West Coast Swing One Pocket July 4-6 at California Billiards

jazznpool

Verified Member
From
Orange, CA
I haven't seen much talk about the tournament coming up next week July 4-6 at California Billiards. Anyone else going to play or sweat?

Masta Cruz

From
Fresno, CA
I’ll be there Tuesday evening to warmup with some small action. Then tournament + action wed and thurs all day and night. then Friday I’ll head to Sacramento to play the first of the month one pocket tourney since I’m not interested in the west coast ten ball.

Gonna be a fun (and exhausting) week I bet...

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
I’ll be there Tuesday evening to warmup with some small action. Then tournament + action wed and thurs all day and night. then Friday I’ll head to Sacramento to play the first of the month one pocket tourney since I’m not interested in the west coast ten ball.

Gonna be a fun (and exhausting) week I bet...

Hey straight shooter, how you doing? Are you playing more 1P?

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
I will be there Tuesday night. Hope to play in the one pocket, play some golf and do a little commentating if Daniel needs some help.

Tweaked my back moving some stuff around in the garden and hoping it gets better in the next few days. If not, I will be a spectator at a great tournament.

baby huey

Verified Member
I can't make the event. Going to a BBQ on the 4th otherwise I'd be there. It's a great event and we all know Chris Swart puts it out there for the players. I might drive up on the 5th just to watch and commentate with Daniel Busch if he needs help.

Tobermory

Verified Member
From
San Francisco, CA
I'll be playing the 1p, but probably not the 10 ball since I don't even know the rules for 10 ball...time to learn? I haven't much liked rotation games since the end of the push out era.

Chris, maybe we can get down for some games Tuesday night...cheap!

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
I will be there Tuesday night. Hope to play in the one pocket, play some golf and do a little commentating if Daniel needs some help.

Tweaked my back moving some stuff around in the garden and hoping it gets better in the next few days. If not, I will be a spectator at a great tournament.

Hey John, will there be a list of the players published before the event. i need to know whose playing for our bet. keith

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
I haven't seen much talk about the tournament coming up next week July 4-6 at California Billiards. Anyone else going to play or sweat?

Hey Martin. I wish I could go but I have to save my strength and pace myself. I am planning on going to the event at Freezer's as part of the West Coast Swing. Maybe we can plan a trip there?

jazznpool

Verified Member
From
Orange, CA
Hey John, will there be a list of the players published before the event. i need to know whose playing for our bet. keith

Lol. I paid by check May 27. My bank does not show the check has cleared. I called 6x since last week leaving my number and name and I can't get a response from Chris. Simpy want to know that my check arrived and all is good. Good luck seeing a list until the day of the tournament when streamed.

povpool

Verified Member
From
Studio City, CA
Lol. I paid by check May 27. My bank does not show the check has cleared. I called 6x since last week leaving my number and name and I can't get a response from Chris. Simpy want to know that my check arrived and all is good. Good luck seeing a list until the day of the tournament when streamed.

Your check most probably arrived. They were supposed to send out receipts but may have overlooked you. All the West Coast Swing tournaments usually have a policy of holding your check until the last few days of the event or until you get there, to give you the option of paying by cash. In the history of their events, only 5 or 6 checks ever get sent in. People always pay by CC or Paypal.

You should be able to get a warm body to answer the phone by calling them again.

Masta Cruz

From
Fresno, CA
Hey straight shooter, how you doing? Are you playing more 1P?

Hello Jim congrats on your win btw. Haven’t been able to do nothing but practice one day a week since we played. Last day of my work season is Friday so going to begin trying to sharpen up my game starting this weekend.

I'll be playing the 1p, but probably not the 10 ball since I don't even know the rules for 10 ball...time to learn? I haven't much liked rotation games since the end of the push out era.

Chris, maybe we can get down for some games Tuesday night...cheap!

Michael definitely doing battle with you would be an excellent warmup. Grab a good table Tuesday evening and I’ll jump on with you soon as I arrive. I plan to leave Fresno whenever I wake up Tuesday afternoon probably 2pm. I’ll get into Fremont about 6pm depending on traffic. If I can’t sleep good I’ll be there earlier.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA

I will get you a list out as soon as I know anything. Since they take signups right up to the start of the tournament on Weds, I won’t get them all, but should have a pretty good idea Tuesday night.