Same players not as fun?

u12armresl

Verified Member
Are you at a point where you are tired of seeing the same 4 names (with very little change) dominate every one pocket tournament?

If you are, is there a solution?

If not, what do you enjoy?

Thanks.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
If your one-pocket hero is someone else, then you might get tired of seeing these guys every week. On the other hand, if you love to watch the very best one-pocket, this is where it is.

When Harvard plays football against Yale, it can be a good match . . . . you see what I'm saying? :D

beatle

Verified Member
its fun to watch but only a fool other than them enters.

BrookelandBilly

Verified Member
From
Fair Oaks Ranch, Texas
Are you at a point where you are tired of seeing the same 4 names (with very little change) dominate every one pocket tournament?

Thanks.

So what are we going to do about Alabama, New England, Tiger Woods, LeBron, the Williams sisters and Real Madrid?

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
So what are we going to do about Alabama, New England, Tiger Woods, LeBron, the Williams sisters and Real Madrid?

Tiger will never win again. There’s only one sister left that has any chance. LeBron has a chance. Who’s Real Madrid:lol Don’t get me started on football

I’ll watch Tony all the time. I can’t hardly watch Dennis with all his up and down ten times before he shoots

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
Tiger will never win again. There’s only one sister left that has any chance. LeBron has a chance. Who’s Real Madrid:lol Don’t get me started on football

I’ll watch Tony all the time. I can’t hardly watch Dennis with all his up and down ten times before he shoots

c'mon man..... real madrid is the most successful sports franchise on the planet, playing the world's most popular game. estimated to be worth over $3.5B USD....

also have a guy named Ronaldo……most popular athlete to ever live (imagine michael jordan, walter payton, and wayne gretzky all wrapped up in one).

:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8H_DSErYUZk

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area

Thanks.

i've thought about this some - not necessarily from being bored/tired watching the same guys dominate the game, but more so how long they can/are willing to do it. imo, seems to turn over once or twice a decade....icbw

:)

Wayne

Verified Member

Thanks.

I believe you are referring to Alex, Dennis, Tony and Shane but the winnings for 2018 don't show these 4 as the money leaders.

After this event the top 6 are Hall, Pagulayan, Chohan, Bustamante, Orcullo, and Van Boening. The top 3 are very close so depending on the payouts in the West Coast Swing the order could be different (all somewhere around $23,000). Bustamante is 4th at $18,800, Orcuollo is 5th at around $15,000 and Shane a distant 6th at around $8500.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
i am not tired of watching mastery
regardless of who performs it
rafael nadal/roger federer/serena williams in tennis
or the above mentioned 1p players
some i like watching more than others
i root for federer against nadal
dennis and alex sometimes drive me crazy with their getting up and down to shoot
but i marvel at the skill and dont get tired of watching
jmho

unoperro

Verified Member

Thanks.

So what is your entitlement?

I love 1 pkt,but I truly enjoy watching Ronnie O on the baize. Try surfing the web,you might discover something you do enjoy.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
So what is your entitlement?

I love 1 pkt,but I truly enjoy watching Ronnie O on the baize. Try surfing the web,you might discover something you do enjoy.

I agree about Ronnie O'Sullivan! Our generation has been blessed with Efren Reyes, and for snooker players/fans, it's Ronnie O'Sullivan right now. Besides being an incredible player, he wastes no time at all shooting, which contributes to making him fun to watch.

One of the videos I watched a few weeks ago was when he was just 14 years old, in one of his first TV appearances. His form and rhythm then was almost exactly the same as it is now -- that blows me away!!!

If anyone else want so see, here you go:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2aiU0Qkqgc

And this 147 in 2014:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvOnK1i_Pxs