Louie Roberts Video - Available for all now!

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Thanks for doing this Calired!
Thanks to dardusm, all of us now can watch the Louie Roberts DVD! :smile:

In the Louie Roberts thread, there were several people that said they had the DVD, but even though there were many people that were politely asking for it to be posted for everyone to enjoy, no one would.

dardusm stepped up and said he would send it to someone to upload it for him. I offered, he sent me the DVD and I've got Part 1 up today.

link where dardusm offers to post it for everyone

The audio seemed a bit out of sync, so I've been messing with that. Since I had the audio stream extracted, I decided to try and clean up the background noise.

I liked it better, since now you can turn it up louder to hear Louie's interaction, without hearing all the hummmmm...

So watch this short 30 second clip that has the audio untouched, then the same 30 sec clip, with the audio cleaned up. Let me know if you like it better that way, or not.

Getting on to the match. This was recorded in 1987 at the Cue & Cushion in St. Louis. Louis (St. Louie Louie) Roberts is giving Gary Seville the 7,8 and 9. This seems to be something along the lines of someone wanting to capture Louie playing. If anyone can add some info on this particular video and how it came about, the purpose of it, who shot it, was anyone there... that would be great.

This is Part 1 of 4. This is about 40 some minutes and I added some pictures at the beginning, along with a post that Watchez wrote about Louie. I like to make things a little more informative, then just throwing up a video. With the additional info I edited into it, people that didn't know him at all, now have a bigger picture of him.:smile:

Anyways.. hope you all enjoy it. Shoot dardusm some thanks for posting his copy for everyone, when no one else would.

Link to Louie Roberts - Gary Seville - Part 1
courtesy of dardusm.

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
NH Steve said:
Thanks for doing this Calired!

Thanks, Greg. I thought it was much better with the sound doctored. I bought this tape in 2008 from Jack Cooper in Quincy, IL. Jack was a former Hannibal, MO room owner who backed Loui and supposedly filmed this tape. He lamented that Loui never found refuge from his demons in this life and did not live to be older and wiser. He was also a good friend of Fatty who lived south of there. I spent the evening with Jack mostly listening to his stories of Loui and Fatty totally fascinated. He told me Fatty was always broke and that when he did have money, he had no regard for it. It was like so much water in the ocean to him. He went through it like it wasn't even there. He claimed Fatty was a genious at taking down the big score. I ate up every word. Jack was 72 or 73 when I met him. I hope he is still doing well.