Martinez/reyes 2010 #3

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
would anyone else shoot a masse here??
knowing rafael does it surprise anyone??
I can "see" him doing that though -- he must have been feeling good about his masse's. I wonder if he did the masse instead of a kick specifically because he thought with all the extra cue ball action of the masse, he had a better chance of "taking out" that ball, instead of making it?? That would be a good reason...

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
NOTE
condensing several shot choices into one post

the carom was close to being on
but with the follow needed
would have made the ball go short
(as sjd pointed out)
although dennis i dont think was trying to make the carom
it was a nice "power shot"
and one that rafael would shoot
BUT......
why would you one rail or 2 rail kick when you can just
MASSE the cue ball around the obstacles to make the 6...:eek:
why didnt i think of that???:D
View attachment 5076
Well since it is Rafael we are talking about, then why didn't he draw the carom so it would have a chance to go, but really juice up the draw to go three rails around the table to pocket the 6-ball. :D:D

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Well since it is Rafael we are talking about, then why didn't he draw the carom so it would have a chance to go, but really juice up the draw to go three rails around the table to pocket the 6-ball. :D:D

That's funny. The very first thing I thought was that you could force the carom ball down and put in right in the pocket if it is if it's lined up high going into the long rail. I never did even know the shot until I read it in Ray Martins' 99 Critical Shots Book back in the mid 70s. Good thinking though. Still high risk but Rafael might do it..